All reviewsfree breakfastswimming poolbeds dormhighest floorhuge kitchenbus stopclean roomsair conditionerperth cityroommatesausiga
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Dear Billabong Team,

I will keep it short:

It is basic, its clean!! and probably the best value hostel in town.

The fabulous Front Desk and Operations team are the REAL added value to this place.

Most valuable Players:

Superman Vatche Victor aka Mr. BALI.
I hope you are enjoying a happy ending massage in your 200sqm waterside Bungalow while u are reading this.

Lucy: too sweet to be true. Piece of gold.

These fabulous vouchers you handed us got us ending up really drunk in some gay club. Interesting.

Intern minion: treat your boyfriend nicely.

Bulky guy who works at night:
Dont hate us, we're good people.

5 Dollar meals are great value. The Ping Pong table will be missed.

Ahh and there is a Hispanic/south american girl working in housekeeping. I would probably get married to her.

I got too much time on my hands.

Peace Billabangers.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank IkeTheMic
Reviewed June 5, 2017

i choose the private room. Stay about 5 night. the price is worthy with the room just doesn't have tv since it call Backpacker Resort. so don't expect have a TV in the room. staff super friendly. location near to Perth city. in front of resort have bus stop. its so convenient. not hard to find food. one main thing is there doesn't have LIFT.

Room Tip: don't get the fourth floor. u will get tired to climb up stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2017

Great value for money. Room was very spacious. Most of the staff very nice and helpful. Nice pool. Strategic location with good facilities and free simple breakfast. The common room is awesome. have the parking and near bus station.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2017

It's a backpacker - that's it, you cannot expect a hotel
Also it was the only backpacker I have ever been, I cannot compare.
BUT
I went there three times and I booked it for a friend once. I booked a room with other people once then I booked a separate room twice

Room Tip: It's a backpacker - that's it
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

We felt like the grandparents under all these youngsters but was treated with courtesy and respect by all of them. Our room was a double with en suite shower and toilet. We chose Billabong due to the location and price and found to have made the right decision. The first 2 nights we had a room towards the street which was extremely noisy. Than we requested to move to a room towards the back and pool side which was no problem to get with the helpful staff. This room was a dream very quiet, large and very clean. As we had plenty food left from our Mobilehome trip through Australia the use of their kitchen during the day came in handy and we could prepare there what we wanted. You get issued a plate, cup and cutlery on your first day which is yours to use and wash up during your stay. The kitchen is fully equipped and for breakfast you can help yourself to toast, butter, jam and milk etc. provided to you.
Very convenient is the city bus stop right in front of Billabong.
If we should go back to Perth we will definetly stay there again.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Axel A
Adam B, General Manager at Billabong Backpackers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2017

Hi Axel,

Many thanks for your kind words.

As you've noted we're a youth hostel and the majority of our guests are young travellers. However we've successfully hosted guests of all ages, from all corners of the world. It seems like your positive and open minded attitude went a long way to ensuring you had a great time. I'm especially pleased to hear our staff were able to assist you when you did have a problem.

Best of luck with your onward travels.

Kind regards,