Billabong Backpackers Resort
$126
$99
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Parmelia Hilton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$93
$87
  • Restaurant
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$133
$104
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$142
$117
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$111
$97
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$166
$131
Hotel Northbridge(Perth)
$135
$79
$62
$54
Agoda.com
Ramada Perth, The Outram(Perth)(Great Value!)
$167
$146
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsswimming poolfree breakfastown bathroombeds dormcereal and toastbus stop right in fronthighest floorsocial arealocation is excellentair conditionerperth citybalconyausiga
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I really don't get the other comments. I have stayed at this place for more than a month now and I'm more than satisfied. Let's start with the rooms. All rooms have aircondition, a balcony and bathroom. The balcony is really handy for me since I'm a smoker and in other hostels I've stayed at you have to go outside which is really annoying if you're on the highest floor. The bathrooms are clean and it's great to only share em' with people in your room instead of having a common bathroom for all the people in your hall.

I'll continue with the area in an around the hostel. What I like about the kitchen is that you have to leave your key as a deposit when you borrow saucepans, frypans etc. Therefore most people are washing the dishes properly before leaving them back. The pool is also good, especially during hot summerdays.

I get along well with the staff. I find them very helpfull and friendly and don't have any complaints about them.

I will definitely recommend this place to other travellers. I have stayed in plenty of hostels in Perth and this is by far the best one.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2009

All I can say is that this is one of the best and most catered-for backpackers that I've been to, and I've been all across Australia. It has got everything you want from a hostel. The rooms are clean, have air-con and en-suite bathrooms. The whole place is really modern. Foxtel, DVDs, a mini-gym & a piano!!! And the best bit is the swimming pool and the social area around it - perfect for meeting people, hanging out with your mates, and grabbing some sunshine!
Not to mention that you can get your drinks at the bottle-shop & drink by the pool. Perfect!

In fairness, it is a busy place, so you don't get to stay long-term and it can get booked-out quite fast, but I guess that's because so many people wanna stay here!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2008

Having read the reviews from other travellers on Trip Advisor about being collected from the airport, I was not at all surprised - when the "Billabong Resort crew" informed me - they could not collect me from the airport because there was only 1 person at the front desk. Of course when I turned up - there were 3 at the front desk.

The room was large and spacious, it was en-suite, and the breakfast provided is very basic.

No real major problems but at night time - people did tend to make a lot of noise in the pool/garden area.
I'd say - don't commit yourself to this one place - there are other 'resorts' along the road that you may wish to try.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2008

Billabong Backpackers Resort? What a [--] hole!
The rooms are dirty, hair on the quilts & sheets.
$20 deposit! [--] sheets with stains.
Carpet looked like it had never been cleaned.
Broken Bathroom Door Knob.
Breakfast from large buckets on a large table , like watching pigs at the trough (cereal, oats etc.)
I never touched breakfast even when they offered it free.
I was there 2 days toooooo loooonng! I wanted to get out the first day but local hotels full up.
My skin still crawls thinking about the bed I slept in.
Do not stay at this place. A$71
I wouldn't pay $10
My advice stay at a studio apartment like I did Fremantle
only 20 minutes away and get 3 nights $285 with washing
machine and kitchen, clean sheets and balcony views.
I miss it already. Ask me if you want the website link.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lindsaybkk
Reviewed November 8, 2008

This is a terrible hostel - one of worst on our travels around Oz. We booked a double room, but ended up in an empty dorm room on the bottom bunk of one of six in the room. Room wasn't that clean, bed wasn't made up, no air con, bathroom was en suite but really small and worn out with tiny shower and toilet. Our room overlooked the pool area - there was no noise curfew so even though we were suffering from jet lag and in desperate need of sleep - it was very noisy all night. The hotel staff were disinterested. There was a free breakfast but there were insects in the toaster. Generally is quite dirty and a bit out of the main Perth attractions. If you want to drink and be noisy this hostel may be fine - but couples stay away! We stayed two nights and it was too long.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple