“Great stay!”
Review of Beatty Lodge

Beatty Lodge
Ranked #18 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I can't understand how there is bad reviews..? I only planned on staying at Beatty lodge for a few days but once I arrived the staff were so friendly the place was clean n the guests were so welcoming I ended up staying for a my entire trip! I highly recommend Beatty lodge to anyone traveling around Perth!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jtravels77

Reviewed June 13, 2012

this place is not recommended unless you are on a very tight budget, moved into the single room and it wasn't cleaned. there was a pair of dried up contact lens stuck on the table.
was told that the room came with a tv but the mgmt took a few days to source for an antenna for the tv. the common bathroom and toilet are filthy, the cleaning lady doesn't do a thorough job cleaning them in the mornings. it gets even worse through use during the day.
it can get very noisy at nights when fellow guests decide to have parties in the common area. also the dripping sound of water when it rains gets really loud esp at night. the manager is not friendly but the rest are ok. only stay there if you are aware of the perils that come with budget accomodation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank philiplk
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed at Beatty Lodge in Nov 2011 for a week. The service was excellent and the staff made me feel right at home. Their facilities are adequate, but it would be nice if complementary towels and soap were available to first-time visitors. I didn't mind sharing bathroom with others since the public/lobby bathrooms were quite clean. I really appreciated the facilities provided in individual room (tv, cabinet, mirror, etc). There's also provision of iron from the friendly reception. I also appreciated the internet machine in the common room, swimming pool and their gaming center. Overall, I had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend this place for students, families, or general travelers.

Room Tip: It's best to book rooms at mid-level to avoid carrying heavy luggage upstairs. I was fortunate t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I found The Beatty Lodge was the only hostel in the Leederville/Northbridge area to be any use to be honest. By far the best hostel I have stayed in yet.
The staff are all really friendly and you can have a good laugh with them, they are very welcoming and will go out of their way to help you with any info that they can provide. If I am ever in Perth again and I’m sure on my travels I will be, I will most definitely stay there again.
I have returned there after a short visit abroad and it felt like coming home I got a very warm welcome back and it seems that anyone new to the hostel gets the same treatment, always very inviting.
The atmosphere with other guests there is hilarious and if you like socialising and meeting new people and hooking up with travel buddies or people that want to help you out finding a job this is the place for you.
The rooms are very clean and the facilities are really great its hard to find a fault with the place to be honest and if people have bad experiences there its generally down to their own attitude, definitely not the place itself.
I had to put notices on boards around the area for a travel buddy so I checked out the others in the area and I found The Lodge seriously better standard to the others, also it beats most on price which is handy.
I found some of the sites that gave reviews on the hostels/motels or budget motels to be very unfair and very negative! I make it my business now to share when I have had a good experience somewhere and I think that people should know the real truth about this one.
Cheers all in The Beatty you are all awesome! Thank you so much for making me feel comfortable, safe and at home so far away from home! :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank mizhell
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I really cannot understand all the bad reviews as this place is easily one of the best by far hostel I've ever stayed at and feel very comfortable telling anyone to stay there. First of all the staff really make the difference. They really make you feel welcome and are very friendly and accommodating to deal with. I have stayed here on many occasions and still see some of the people I made friends with from over a year ago staying here. I think that's gotta say something if they keep coming back too. Have to say the security is very good as you need a security swipe pass to get in. The lobby is clean with new couches and lots of info on the bullitin board for cars, jobs or things to do. The kitchen is really one of the cleanest kitchens compared to anyother hostel in Perth. It has a very big lay out with enough cooking items for everyone to utilize at the same time. Very big eating area with large flat screen tv and new couches. The rooms are basic, but very adequate with a heater/fan. Some have new blinds which work well. The superior part of the building is well worth it for the extra money with the added security and cleanlyness. Some have a very good view of the city and alll have new digital flat screen tv's. The laundry is clean with brand new commercial washing machines and driers that work very well. The toilets are kept clean and the showers work very well. I really have to say I LOVE COMING BACK TO BEATTY LODGE ANYTIME.

Room Tip: The triple share are the best to get for the little extra.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank NeilFothergill
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a backpacker place. Nothing like a motel or guesthouse.
I stayed in a private room in the "superior" part of the place. The linen was disgusting. It has a very plastic feeling and looked filthy. I was also showed the basic private rooms, which were even worse.
I would only stay here if you are on a very, very tight budget, and bring my own linen..

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Reisefoten
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed at Beaty lodge for 8 weeks in june whilst i was working in perth.I didnt relize Beaty lodge wasnt in the center of the city,although once i arrived i was aformed of the free bus that takes you to the city center.(bus # 15 )
The staff were great very friendly and helpful.i didnt have trouble with any noise although i was in the vip room.Compared to other hostels i have stayed in perth Beaty lodge had the best value for money.One disapointing aspect at Beaty lodge was the lack of kitchen utensils as sometimes these were limited when i cooked dinner during the busy meal time period.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business