“Stay AND eat here for the best experience”

Terrace Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent two nights here for our wedding anniversary and had an amazing stay. The service (as everyone says) was exemplary. Front desk was anyways helpful (even at 4am) and Nick is a real professional in his service role. It is obvious that management has worked hard to train and keep great people in all of the hospitality and service roles. It is in a great location for access to Kings Park, river activities, and the free bus and CAT services take you to wherever you want to go in town. We had dinner the first night in the restaurant and ordered the pork with black pudding and the ocean trout. I would highly recommend both. The pork was especially amazing. The wine list is extensive and the deserts have perfected that sweet but light balance. We ordered room service breakfast which included perfectly poached eggs, toasted sourdough and home made preserves for $7.50 each. The in room tea and coffee is great, so no need to leave your room. But if you prefer to go downstairs for breakfast in the restaurant, the setting and service are worth the little extra. We made the mistake of going elsewhere for dinner the second night and it was such a disappointment in comparison. (Think JH's with cutlery!) We promptly returned to TTH have desert and cocktails in the bar with service and ambiance more fitting for the occasion! The room itself, with it's luxuries and services (chocolates with turn down, bathroom re-stock etc.) was really comfortable. It was such a great place to enjoy the company of my husband and treasure the celebration of our lives together. Thanks everyone at TTH!!

Room Tip: If you are used to a contoured foam / latex pillow, you may wish to request an alternative to the fe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JBH02

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked this hotel after reading some comments on trip advisor. All I can say is, I will be staying I. This hotel every time I stay in Perth. Provided it doesn't become so popular I can not get a room. I had a suite, it was clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. The hotel staff were excellent. Location to banks, shops and west end of the city is fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tania M
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Terrace hotel which is very centrally located in Perth CBD. The service was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. The room was beautiful and had every possible convenience including Apple TV, I pad and nespresso machine.. I particularly loved the bathroom with its free standing bath! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rua29
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed 10th and 11th July, left late on the 12th. From the moment we arrived, service was exemplary. We walked in the restaurant entrance, apparently a regular mistake because the hotel entrance is tucked around the corner. Waitress took us straight through to reception. Both check-in and Nick, who took us up to our room, were polite, welcoming and helpful. Stayed in a deluxe room on 2nd floor, room 5. Lovely king size bed, large, modern, marble bathroom with great shower and stand alone bath. Two small niggles - very little cupboard space for two people. And the two windows would not open at all - and were covered with grills, which made the room quite dark. The non-opening window appears to be a Perth CBD issue - apparently no hotel in the city is allowed to have opening windows.
Other than that, the room was great - Nespresso machine, yoga mat, lovely linen, great TV.
Bar and restaurant downstairs are both really good. Good wine list, and great food.
Will definitely return, but would try for the suite - with the larger space.

Room Tip: Take a suite if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lucinda D
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Bright and clean rooms, good location, very friendly and helpful staff indeed. An all round pleasant stay Here at the Best Western. Great value for money if you're after something a little fancy and not too short of cash.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank smithers88
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It has been awhile since I have stayed in a hotel in Perth (usually staying with Friends) but as this was a short intensive stay I wanted to be near the CBD for convenience so I chose this little gem to welcome myself back. Perth used to be a desert for decent hotels but my opinion is starting to change. what I am going to do is simply my applause to the other glowing reports that I read before deciding to stay at the Terrace. From the greeting at check in through the drinks and dinner, the chat with the staff in the bar to the sumptuous bed this was a great stay. Not a thing wrong with the place apart from a slight lack of hanging space in the wardrobe. I just hope a small boutique hotel like this can survive with only 14 rooms and if it does I hope they will always have a room for me.
Great job and good luck.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Trevsing
Reviewed June 25, 2013

You know how it is when you arrive in a new city after a long flight - you wonder whether the hotel you have booked into online will be okay. Do not have any qualms or concerns about this boutique hotel. It is the best. Marina welcomed us effusively to the hotel and Nick appeared out of nowhere to offer us tea, coffee... The hotel is located at a busy little intersection however it is so quiet inside. Nick took us to our room and ran through the room amenities - in room iPad, Bang and Olufsen TV and sound system etc etc etc. Everything about The Terrace is perfection. Six stars for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business