“In the top three for Perth”
Review of Duxton Hotel

Duxton Hotel
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“In the top three for Perth”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Booked a club room for our fifth anniversary, first time back to the Duxton in a few years and very impressed with the changes to the rooms, restaurant and club facilities.
Spoke to staff prior to confirmation of booking to ensure gluten free food would be available in the club lounge for Marie who is Coeliac and were delighted to find that all promises were kept down to the Canapés and other items including desserts in the evening and cereal and bread for breakfast, what a huge relief for both of us.
Staff in the club lounge were excellent and very attentive to all guests, view from the lounge over the river would be best in Perth, valet parking and check in / out, all faultless.

For us, a very memorable visit and one we shall repeat later in the year for a two night weekend
to allow time to relax in the surroundings and explore the city more carefully even though we live and work in Perth.
Duxton is good value for money and provides a level of service which exceeds that of the other two or three 5 star hotels within striking distance down Adelaide terrace and over the river.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river if available, great to look out late at night all the way to Freo.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Often wondered what this hotel would be like.. And as I was going to a concert nearby decided to stay here. Entrance and valet service excellent. Entrance impressive and have to say it reminded me of the grand continental hotel in KL excellent . Rooms large clean and we'll furnished clean excellent I would stay again. Restaurant downstairs hmm sorry food had no flavor the hamburger meal (yes I know a hamburger) but I was starving and wanted something to fill me.... We'll it read very impressive but a boiled meat patty on cold bun with flavorless ingredients sorry huge let down for such a classy looking restaurant... but a least the small bowl of chips on the side was nice In fact I'd just order them next time so I don't recommends the Burger $30.00 by the way not $8.00 but don't let my experience put you off, as many meals around me looked a lot nicer all down to choice ..... Hot drinks great let down to the coffee snob and hot chocolate lovers.... But not the end of the world because Breakfast in the morning downstairs.... Excellent 5 stars .....and also the hot drinks what happened perfect....so unfortunately I want be dining at there at night only for breakfast ...
All in all if you are from KL you will love this hotel it reminds me of the grand continental hotel and you will love the breakfast very up to date with the worlds standard of travel and what people love so well done... I'd recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Deluxe with breakfast
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am half way into a four day stay and wish I could cancel the rest of the stay and go to another hotel.

I booked the Duxton because I am familiar with the brand and it has a good reputation in my home country.

My first impression of the Duxton was terrible. The taxi dropped me off at the entrance and I was greeted by a member of the concierge team who watched me struggle to unload my laptop case onto my suitcase then just left me to take care of my luggage. Um, what exactly is your job if you don't help with luggage? As a solo female traveler off a long distance flight late at night, it would be appreciated if the concierge team helped with luggage as they do at every other hotel.

I booked a taxi for the next day on arrival then went back up to my room to check my schedule and found that I needed to change the taxi time by half an hour. I was assured that would be done and yet again the bumbling concierge team wasn't able to do their job and the taxi time was not changed at all.

Yesterday evening I went back to the dreaded concierge desk only to find it empty. I waited for ten minutes along with a couple who commented "It feels like there's never anyone here". I'm not sure what this concierge team actually does, but it's definitely not their jobs.

Thankfully this evening the staff actually attended their desk and assisted with my enquiry. I guess one out of four times ain't bad.

Wifi connection in the bedroom is appalling. It drops off after five minutes which is bad enough but when you try to log on again, you have to re-enter the password every time. The signal is slow when you do manage to get connected.

Breakfast variety is fine and service decent. The room is comfortable but the soundproofing is not great - sound enters from both the front door and adjoining rooms.

The outsourced massage service which is held in room was very good last night. A little expensive but as the quality was good, it was worth it. Have booked another for tonight.

I'd be ok with it if this room was maybe $150 per night. Sadly I think I'm paying over double for service and internet that is better in hotels in third world countries.

Not coming back to stay and feeding back to my workplace that we do not want to hold a conference here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank MsHellfire
Stornoway, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Duxton for a total of five weeks whilst I recovered from knee surgery. The staff were fantastic, couldn't do enough to help. The facilities were great with the exception of the internet which was quite poor despite the best efforts of the staff & the IT department . I would highly recommend anyone to stay there.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Rosalyn B,

Thank you for selcting the Duxton Hotel for your recovery. I appreciate your feedback and that you experienced an amazing stay. I will ensure that the team recieves my personal commendation for their efforts.
We are upgarding our WiFi in room service and this will be completed shortly.
The Duxton Team wishes you well and hopefully one day have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Sincerely

Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My sister, daughter and myself stayed at the Duxton over the Anzac long weekend. from the moment we entered the beautiful foyer the staff were amazing. Any query in regards to " where is a nice place to have desert" ( Halo- on the Jetty- easy walk) to leaving our car for an extra hour after checkout-- nothing was an issue. The room was exceptional, the bed amazingly comfortable, the location perfect, a wonderful stroll to the city shops and to the Swan River for coffee. I am planning my next trip to Perth just so I can stay at the Duxton. Perfect.

Room Tip: We stayed in 309- the room overlooked St George Terrace- there was no issue with the traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Michelle C,

I was glad to read that you stay was perfect in every way. Thank you for your feedback and hopefull we are able to be of service to you in the future.

Warm Regards

Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband booked a night at the Duxton in celebration of my birthday. We have stayed there before, and once again it was an absolute pleasure. We only live half hour away, but it's just nice to have a break away in our beautiful city, and the Duxton is great value for luxury accomodation.
The room is as stated, 5 star. We had a welcome bottle of wine, and after returning from our night in the city, the best nights sleep, and lovely breakfast this morning.
The staff are well groomed, friendly and make you feel very welcome.
We look forward to next time, and in the meantime thanks guys, keep up the great work!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jacquelina P,

Thank you for selecting the Duxton Hotel for your birthday celebration, I am glad you enjoyed the wine and facilities of the hotel. We are proud of the Duxton team and their achievements when it comes to friendly and warm efficient service.
Many Happy Returns and all success for 2014.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We work FIFO so stay in a lot of hotel on breaks, we stayed here for two nights the rooms are spotless and the hotel staff are so very assisting and pleasant. Valet parking too pricey @ $40 per night but the Room service was amazing we had the Ameila Park sirloin it was delicious the best I've had! We will be back for sure.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Krystle O,

I appreciate your positive feedback on the hotel especially room service. I will ensure that your review is relayed to the team and I will pass on the necessary comendations.
Thank you for your kind words and once again your review.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards