“Great overnight stay”
Review of Duxton Hotel

Duxton Hotel
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as a little overnight getaway. From arriving at the hotel we were greeted by a gentleman who parked our car, he was very pleasant. The check in staff could not have done enough to make us feel welcome. The room was fantastic and set out wonderfully also very clean. We had dinner at the Firewater Grille and again the staff were so friendly and professional. Breakfast was the same and had an amazing buffet with plenty to choose from. We have stayed at many hotels but this one was by far our favorite. Overall a fabulous stay, wish we had longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear GemmaWA,

I am glad that you stay was fabulous. I was pleased to read that the entire team ensured that you were looked after in the Duxton way.
I will ensure that the team recieves a copy of your review and also I will ensure that my personal commendation is passed on for their wonderful service efforts to make your stay a memorable one.
Hopefully next time you are able to stay longer.

There are newer reviews for Duxton Hotel

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was really pleased with the Duxton. The hotel has a great feel to it and the service is great, they really make you feel welcome and special. The rooms are a good size, very comfortable. The food is good and the location is also a positive

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Craig H,

Thank you for your positive review on the hotel and the services. I will ensure that the team are commended for their efforts.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It is a great hotel - just getting a few "dog eared" signs. Terrific location and very good staff. Very good for our purpose of a National Conference - plenty of room and good common areas. New restaurant area is excellent.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear AshJones24,

Sir, thank you very much for your wonderful review of the hotel and I will ensure that the team are aware of your comments especially your experience at the Firewater Grille.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at the hotel twice. When I stayed at the Hotel suite first time, the hotel room was good with water views, The next time when I stayed at the hotel at a standard room, the hotel room was so so (considering high room rates). The restaurant in general is terrible, in terms of service level. In particular, when you choose the hotel restaurant at the Lobby (Ground Floor), you cannot expect good services.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marcus567

Dear Marcus567,

In all due respect Sir, your remarks maybe valid although it is difficult for me to address the issues that you have raised with purpose. I would like to discuss with you specifics pertaining to your issues. I would be glad to hear from you and I will ensure that I am available to discuss the points raised as a matter of urgency.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Only stayed for one night, but the hotel was perfect for a short business trip. The room was clean and the service was great. The location of the hotel is perfectly situated in the Perth CBD. The highlight for me was the Firewater Grille, which offered excellent food!

Room Tip: Eat at the Firewater Grille!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear ScorpioMelb,

I appreciate your valuable time to list a review about your recnt stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments and especially our Flagship the Firewater Grille, This makes us very proud.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed October 23, 2013

we visit the Duxton every couple of years for our Wedding Anniversery.
We do love this hotel, as it seems to be the best value for money in Perth.
We stay in a lot of hotels, so we feel we know what is good and what is bad.
The rooms are delightful, if you can afford to stay in the Excutive suites you will not be dissapointed. The package is great, with breakfast included, and evening drinks and nibbles.
The only gripe i would have if you could say it, was we stayed in the same room that we booked in 2 years ago. There is a hole in the roof, in the bathroom and you can see ducting and the roof cavity. There are cigarette burns in the bath. Now they were there 2 years prior, and we complained about it and moved rooms. this time we stayed in that room and it is also behind the lifts, to my surprise the lift noise was not excessive and did not disturb my sleep. for a hotel of that stature, one would think that maintenece would be of the upmost. Althouth those 2 things did not hinder our stay, for the price you pay per night, the rooms should be immaculate and have no maintenence issues. We dined in the new refurbished resteraunt, that night, as was a little dissappointed with the meal. The service of the wait staff was impeccable, but when it came to the oysters Kilpatrick, we got 3 oysters with grit in it. We told the staff to let the chef know, as this is his domain. No discount on the meal, and we should have sent them back, as this really is not acceptabe in a fine dining resteraunt. Breakfast in the morning was a fantastic range, but a sign of a lazy cook, when all the bacon has been cooked in a slab, so parts of the bacon were cooked and other parts just cooked. A few tweaks in the eating department and I would give you a ten out of ten.

Room Tip: The river view rooms have a great outlook, but are a little smaller than the excutive suites. Rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Nicole S,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the Duxton Hotel and that you return frequently.
I appreciate all the points that you have raised and I will ensure that they are all addressed with the appropriate team members.
Your feedback is very valuable to us and we forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bruce G Doig

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Duxton is top of the line in Perth, very classy, great service, good restaurant, rooms are nice and roomy with great shower and comfortable bed, nice stay when so far from home, they always deliver first class service.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear David H,

Thank you for your review I appreciate your kind words. I am pleased that all the homely comforts that we have added is being appreciated by our guests.

Best Wishes