“Good for Perth”

Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Good for Perth”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Perth hotels are expensive and petty average really! Duxton is ok. Not stupidly expensive. Rooms are nice. Really 4 stars not 5 but not bad for Perth. Location is excellent. Room service is limited. Sometimes you get rooms reasonably priced for Perh

• Stayed September 2012
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear OzTD,

Thank you for your positive comments. Perth hotels are expensive although we take care to ensure we are priced within reason and that we are able to offer great attractive room packages so all our guest obtain the Duxton experience that is affordable.
We are always a positive approach to improving services to our guests at all times and currently we are reviewing all services and improving current facilities to offer our guests an international experience.
Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is reputedly 5 star. The rooms do not reflect this at all. Whilst corridors and rooms very clean, the rooms are just average though expensive. There is a lack of hotel rooms in Perth which explains the cost. Our room on the 9th floor was dark and very basic indeed, scratched and 3 star furniture, no room safe. Scuffed and marked walls. Our bath room was newly refurbished very nice but dont flush the loo as the noise is deafening and other flushers can be heard.

The lobby conversly is large and full of chandeliers and marble. The pool was closed due to refurbishment. The bar was pleasant with an outside space but again the furniture by that I mean the chairs in the bar looked great but were not very comfortable.

I will say that all the staff we encountered were very helpful and friendly in particular the concierge. I must mention Stephen very helpful.

This hotel is very central.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GertLondon
Dear GertLondon,

Thank you for comments on the hotel I appreciate your sincere feedback. In response for your comments I am happy to share an update on the hotel and the future projects that the Duxton is and will be undertaking.
We have just installed room safes into all hotel rooms, each room will recieved new luggage racks for guest and a spare one for that second suit case which is lacking in most hotels.
The hotel refurbishment program is continuing with the completeion of the new pool deck to ensure a new relaxing experience for all guests.

Thank you for your praise of the staff and especially Stephen our conceirge member, I have personally passed on my sincere appreciation for his service excellence.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to wlcoming you in the future.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a pretty good hotel but there are signs it is a bit weary. We stayed on business so had a very good rate for the overall quality. Room size is better than most of the other hotels I've used in Perth and has a separate shower instead of the more typical shower over the bath. Our experience was that the staff are attentive and friendly. The property is a bit "chintzy" and over the top in the lobby and there is a bit of tatty wallpaper in the corridors. If you can get a god rate we recommend it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear mftlat,

Thank you for your trip advisor review and the position comments on your stay. I appreciate that the wall paper in the corridors are requiring attention which we have provided immediate maintenance and we will be replacing all of the wallpaper in the hotel in 2013.
This project is a major undertaking and the project is planned for completion by May 2013.

The hotel is continuing with its refurbishment program and we look forawrd to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you for your honesty and sincere comments again.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've stayed at three different 5 star hotels in the past two weeks alone so I can say with confidence that this is not a 5 star hotel. The staff is okay, some are good some are sort of rude, the pool was closed and I had to find out myself after going down to their very disappointing fitness room. Now, I'm not saying this place is terrible, just not up to the 5 star standard of most places I've been to. ie. rooms are clean but nothing special at all, no complimentary water, no turn down service, no toiletries except for soap and shampoo, showers are quite low quality, see room service trays often left outside for long periods of time, the list goes on. Nothing terrible, just nothing very nice at all. I think I could probably get a better hotel for the same price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank C W
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Calvin W,

Thank you for your comments. I apologise that the pool was closed due to refurbishment. Winter is the best time to complete these works and the communication to our guests have been readdressed.
We will continue with our refurbishment program and the fitness centre will be reassessed in 2013. Sir our rooms have been refurbishmented and present as some of the best accommodation in Perth. Once again I appreciate your feedback and we will continue to strive for better facilities overall.

Kind Regards
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Duxton Hotel in Perth is one of the best. I have stayed there 3 times and price is better then other Hotels around down town Perth. The Staff went out of there way to help you. I was looking at a trip to Coral Bay. We got great information and direction to drive from Perth to Coral Bay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.You can ask for rooms facing the Swan River.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BruceDoig, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
DEar Sandra H,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments on The Duxton Perth Hotel. We appreciate your positive review and we all wish you a safe & exciting trip through Western Australia.

Warm regards

Bruce G Doig
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed there with my partner on 12/8-13/8/2012 and the lobby looked grand. But then when I went into the room it was a different story. Bathroom amenities were missing such as razors and toothbrushes. No safes available. Swimming pool was close and was only advised at check in. The shower head is plastic and looked dodgy which I would expect more out of a 5 star hotel. The other thing is the bed is really uncomfortable, it's not plush like other hotels which makes you feel like sleeping on the floor is softer than sleeping on this bed. I couldn't sleep at all! At night the entrance lacks attention, no one outside to open the doors for you or helping you out for valet parking. However, the breakfast was quite nice and room service is quite quick. I have stayed in Pan Pacific, Hyatt and Duxton. So at the moment Pan Pacific is still number 1!

Room Tip: Spa rooms are not worth the money
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ben C
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Twi night's stay but very disappointing. Staff weren't very friendly and we were not told on arrival (with 5yrold) that pool was not operational. If we had know that we would have changed hotels! Breakfast was good but expensive.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank MikylaG
Dear MikylaG,

Thank you for your feedback I appreciate all comments so I can evaluate all services to our guests. All constructive feedback is shared with all team member and the outcomes are always very positive. I apologise that you were not for warned in regards to the pool being closed. I have also ensured that all relevant team members inform all guests in relation to the pool refurbishment program although we have placed a letter in all rooms explaining the current closure of the pool. I apologise that you stay has been disappointing and if you wish to contact myself direct to discuss these issues further I am very bhappy to do so.

Sincerely