“Not bad for the price”

Quality Hotel Ambassador Perth
Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a last minute trip to Perth for work & found the Ambassador hotel to be reasonably cheap in a quiet area of Perth.
Rooms are ok, can't really complain about anything.
Had free parking which was good.

Room Tip: Ask to be as high as possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Hotel Ambassador Perth

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel in December 2012 and found it quite a good hotel which is quite different from the reviews that I've read. I asked for a triple-bedded room and was surprised to find that I got the size of 2 single rooms. One room has 2 single beds, a small dinning table with 3 chairs and a pantry with electric kettle (clean to use!) and a small fridge; the other room has a queen size bed with side table, a luggage stand and a television. The two rooms are separated by an adjoined door. We have more than 2 pillows in each single bed and 4 on the queen size bed and each bed has a comforter. This let us have a good rest after a day of walking. The only bad thing is that it is not near to shopping or restaurant, chioce of food is limited. For those who chose to stay in this hotel, my advise is to go to barrack street for food and shopping. You can go there by free bus outside the hotel. Overall, it's a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not next a laundry room or the lift.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Relatively inexpensive but reasonable quality accommodation in Perth. Supposedly a non-smoking hotel but the lobby stank of cigarettes thanks to the nicotine-addicted Maritime Union affiliated low-lifes blocking the entrance. Hotel is pretty popular with the lower end of the market (particularly bogans) due to its price and this is evident in the bar fridge selling VB & Jack Daniels in the lobby.

Hotel is old 1950's style decor and desperately needs a face lift and freshen up. Lifts are barely functional and hallways smell dessicated and of dust. Nonetheless the room itself was very spacious and very clean with a good sized bed and fresh sheets.

Bathroom facilities were also rather old and tired but nonetheless clean and functional with a separate bath and shower.

Hotel also has convenient parking out the back although it costs $12/day for hotel guests (really should be free).

I'll probably go back next time I'm in town on business if I cant find anywhere better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shmemley
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We arrived at this hotel on Sunday November 4th @ 3.20am after travelling for over 24 hours with our flight from Manchester to Perth via Dubai. We were 'greeted' by an objectionable grumpy nightporter 'receptionist' whose greeting was, and I quote, 'you'll have to check out by 11.00am or we'll charge you for another day. He also said breakfast was from 6.00am to 9.00am and there was no room service for us We were appalled and I told him in no uncertain terms what he could do with his breakfast, his attitude and the hotel. He then insisted that I give him a 'blank' of my credit card even though the room was prepaid and I told him I would pay cash if we did have anything as we were leaving to pick up a cruise ship at mid-day. He made no offer to assist us with our two heavy suitcases (I am 75 & my wife is 72)and gave us our room key and indicated where the lift was. We found the room which was ok but absolutely freezing. We surfaced about 10.15am and, tired as we were,struggled to get washed etc. At 10.58am reception rang and again stated that we would be charged for an extra day if we did not vacate immediately. When we did get downstairs we asked if we could leave our cases somewhere safe whilst we went out for a light breakfast We were told to leave them in the reception area only. I tried to complain to the manager, and at least 3 assistants and they were all rude with a 'couldn't care less attitiude' We were thankful in the end to be able to summon a taxi outside and get away from such a dreadful place. Be warned and don't ever go there !!

Room Tip: Dont go there and save yourself some aggravation !!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank FCA141937
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Booked 5 nights but started to regret since the first day. The room is dirty, not the same from the picture. Housekeeping was horrible, they didn't change the towels and sheets at all! Never come back.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Evoloop
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

A fabulous deal on line ensured our stay in Perth was great value for money. We stayed 4 nights. I must admit walking into the large open foyer and being handed a (real) key on a big tag took me back a decade or two. I walked into our room and noted the old style decor but then recalled this is advertised 3 star, the cost reflects this and on the PLUS side it is very clean, the staff are friendly and professional, the buffet breakfast is fresh and tasty and the location is good to walk to the centre of town, to the river front or to the WACA.

There is an airport bus stop right opposite the hotel and the free bus route goes right by the door. There are 4 car rental places within a block if this is something you need (as we did).

So if you are lucky enough to get a good deal this is a good hotel to stay at. If I had to pay full price I may choose to go elsewhere though.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Granny-Mae
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The location is poor with few local facilities.

The rooms are small - poky even with little space around the double bed and no space for a second suitcase.

The decor is faded shades of brown - very 1970's