“Good location, Clean Rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mont Clare Boutique Apartments

Mont Clare Boutique Apartments
Ranked #56 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Singapore
“Good location, Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Am quite skeptical about the apartment after reading the bad reviews. Am surprised to find the apartment and bedsheets clean! We booked our hotel thru an online agent for 2 nights. Didn't knew that the Mont Clare reception closed at 2.30pm on Sat as we arrived there at 2.45pm! We were practically locked out! Thankfully there was this emergency no to call & we were given a code to key in and out came our keys and instructions bundled in it. We were given 3 bath towels instead of 4, but we didn't bothered to get another from the housekeeper. Would be great if there's a dryer for the washing machine. Since it's an apartment, there was no housekeeping service and you've to throw your own rubbish if your bin overflow. Security is pretty good with card access to enter the car park and lift.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Indonesian first
birdinoz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here for a week with a friend, whilst both of us were on a business conference. After reading previous reviews we were hesitant. We were pleasantly surprised. Expectations were surpassed. All staff were helpful and friendly. The apartment was clean and there was plenty of room. The location is convenient to the river walk, the free Red Cat bus, the WACA and the Perth Mint. The laundry sink had a small leak and soundproofing could be improved but this was not such an issue to spoil our stay. I recommend it as a affordable option in an otherwise accommodation overpriced city.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Arrived at the apartment's before check in time,lady behind the desk was so friendly and helpful suggested we could leave are bags and she would ring us if the room was ready before 2pm.She kept her promise and we got a call around 12.30pm.Room was lovely and clean property seem well maintained.Great swimming pool for the warmer weather.Fantastic location about 10 min from the city centre.Great stay we will be back.Keep up the good work Mont Clare staff.

Room Tip: Room with lift access.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Twilight M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice...the second time no better than the first.

The first stay was for 2 nights - we checked in after hours - which was fine, the staff clearly explained the process. Once in our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment which was noticeably dirty, the carpets were stained and lifting, both bathrooms had hair, dirt and grime throughout. Being the middle of summer we used the A/C which failed to cool the apartment and when it was on the wall would shake. After no sleep the first night I requested a new apartment (like the ones advertised on their website) as they were clearly of much better quality. The receptionist advised me that they would like to check the room first and that the maintenance man would be right up - 40 minutes and one phone call later. We were later given another room, although only a 2x1, it did resemble the website, we were very happy with this apartment.

At the time of booking the second stay for 3 nights we requested a clean refurbished room due to past experience, The receptionist seemed shocked at our bad experience. We had a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. We used the after hours check in again - which again was fine. The apartment was again noticeably dirty, the carpet in the bedrooms were stained and lifting at the entrance points. The switch for the fan in the 3rd bedroom was broken and when on sounded like it was going to fall out of the ceiling, we werent able to utilise the 3rd bedroom wardrobe as the bed was up against it. The tap in the shower was missing a piece so kept falling off, the walls throught were marked and dirty, both bathrooms were dirty (hair/grime etc). The glasses had to be washed before we could use them.

The only thing going for this hotel is location. Never will we recommend let alone stay at this hotel again. I only wish I had thought to take photos of the apartments.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bec E

Travelers are raving about these Perth hotels

Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

This apartment complex when booked seemed very affordable. I was called 6 times to check on my arrival time. Why, I'm not sure but they clearly not communicate. The apartment had/has many problems.... Leaking dishwasher, rusted shower head, broken switches, broken dryer mechanism, fridge seals worn and when the cot arrived there was no linen for it. The car park is a benefit but the bays are very small so be careful with the rental car. Given the choice I will not stay here again. Even walking out today the floor in the foyer was filthy....... Choose another venue to stay unless you like a 1 star experience.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Duncan013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

A friend of mine and I (both from Perth) decided to stay in the city for a couple of nights before and after the City to Surf. We chose Mont Clare Apartments because of a deal but we should have paid more to go somewhere better.

Check-in time is 2pm and they close at 2:30 on weekends. I made sure I got in before 2:30 so I could check in in person although there is a facility to pick up keys outside of this time. They phoned a couple of days before to ask if I would be checking in in person and I said I was so they knew I would be there between 2 and 2:30. I arrived at almost exactly 2 and the room was not ready which I found extraordinary.

When I got in to the room I realised it was a three bedroom apartment rather than two, which I had booked. We had booked a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with a King size bed in one room and a Queen size in the other. We got a three bedroom apartment with one Queen and four singles. The rooms were a reasonable size, the living and kitchen areas quite nice and the kitchen facilities quite good. However the bathrooms were a problem. Not only were the floors dirty, but in order to get to either bathroom you had to go through one of the rooms which would be awkward if you were staying with a larger group of people who had to go through your room to get to the toilet. Even more surprisingly, the bathroom in the master bedroom did not have a shower - just a bath. I went down and asked if they had an apartment where both bathrooms had a shower but they said they didn't.

The staff have all been schooled in the Perth style of customer service. They may as well have neon signs above their head saying "I don't care who you are or what you want - GO AWAY!" By the way I can say this because I live in Perth! No wonder the State Government is launching a "Service with a Smile" initiative.

The switch to turn on the fan in the third bedroom was broken. It took a couple of hours to get it switched off. One of the toilets ran. The carpets were filthy and had holes in some places. The numbers had worn off the hot plates so you had to guess what level you had them on. The wardrobe in the third bedroom was located about five centimetres from one of the beds and had doors that opened out so it was impossible to use! Most of the light switches were outside the room so you had to go out of your room to turn the lights on and off. The hot water top in the one and only shower was missing a piece so kept falling off.

Don't stay here. There are more and more apartments and hotels in East Perth - go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank JamesM82
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed 4 nights. 2 nights in one apartment and 2 nights in another as we couldn't get all nights in the one apartment. The apartments are in a good spot with a red cat bus stop 50 meters away. We walked into the main part of the city in about 15 minutes. The accommodation is average. We had the hot water service break down in the 1st apartment. Didn't receive an apology. Check in is supposed to be at 2pm but both rooms weren't ready until 3pm. You do get a car park which was handy. I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011