2,035 results
All reviewseast towerrooftop poolsuperior roomvalet parkingaccor memberpillow menuroom servicehay streetgood sizebuffet breakfastbell towercentral locationbit datedlate checkpleasant staywould stay againelizabeth quay
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I booked the Mercure Perth for the weekend after looking around town the day before, as I was in town on business. We wanted a comfortable room for 3 adults and a 2 year old, as close to the city centre as possible and with a pool. Oddly enough I was given a walk-in rate that was better than the rates found on Wotif or even the hotel website, which is something I thought could never happen.

The good: We had a superior room which was very large for a standard hotel. The staff was incredibly efficient and pleasant, and the pool area was definitely good enough even though being on the roof, it was not that easy to access.

The not so good: The room was poorly lit combined with very little sunlight coming through the window. The decor was a bit on the fading side, as was the hotel in general – is this really a combination of brown, dark yellow and grey? The bathroom while spacious and in good condition was definitely showing its age, and the TV image quality was from the same time the bathroom was last renovated.

The breakfast: Located in an utterly uninspiring room, it offered reasonable variety but nothing to make you happy – mediocre at best. Fortunately for us we got it for free from the kind people at reception, so we can't complain too much. But I would hate to pay hotel rates for breakfast and get that in return.

Overall I can easily recommend the Mercure as it did score in what was important for us. But for a real breakfast I would walk to Miss Maud, 2 blocks away.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 8, 2009

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 1, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in October 2008 and found it a good central base to sight see from and for shopping and eating. The Mercure had comfortable rooms with plasma tv, internet facilities, mini bar, hairdryer,iron and nice free toiletry products in the bathroom. Gym area was basic but the rooftop swimming area was a good added facility. The hotel had a small bar area and restaurant facilities but I felt these were expensive. The reception staff were helpful and looked very professional and there was good tourist information literature available from the reception area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank AlyStaffordshire
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I would rate their facilities at 2.5 stars.
However, their policies and offers cannot be trusted.
When I entered my room, there was a pamphlet stating that all guests get complimentary breakfasts during Dec and Jan. I took that to the reception and was told that it did not apply to me!!! Although I checked into their hotel on Dec 15, smack in the period they stipulated. This left a sour taste.
If they will not honor an offer made in black and white, what can you trust from them????

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank go168
GreatServiceMercure, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to make comment regarding your stay.
I would like to respond to your comment about complimentary breakfast and the promotion you mentioned which was displayed in your room.
You are correct that this was a promotion we were runnin but it is difficult for me to respond without knowing what rate you were paying.The promotion you were referring to was relating to one that iss on our Accor Hotels website which is a pre-paid, non refundable package. It is a discounted price, based on these conditions.
I am sorry that you have left the Mercure so dissapointed, this certainly is never our intention for any of a guests to leave feeling this this way.

Regards,