“There is no wow factor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mercure Perth

Mercure Perth
Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“There is no wow factor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Initially when I saw I was staying at the mercure I had a taste in my mouth for disappointment as I haven't had good experiences when I've stayed at other mercure properties, however this one did neither impress me not disappoint me.

It's a standard hotel in a central location. The bed allowed me to sleep the desired and healthy amount. The bathroom is dated but it did allow me to wash properly, and that's all you can ask for really. However I had to sleep before work in the afternoon and this was proven to be a challenge. Paper thin walls and house keepers with zero situational awareness and noise control kept me up, and I can usually sleep very well during my essential afternoon nap before work.

This said it was a pleasant stay despite the lack of sleep pre work. Be open minded, with zero expectations and you'll be fine.

Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rohan E
MercurePerth, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thanks very much for leaving your feedback regarding your stay here at the Mercure. I am so sorry that you have had previous bad experiences within the Mercure Brand. Here in Perth we do try very hard to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay with us, so I was very sorry to read that you were unable to sleep before you started work. Generally all of our Housekeeping staff are aware that this could be case, especially when the do not disturb sign is on the door. Again, I am very sorry and do hope that you will visit us again in the future, and please don’t hesitate to contact me directly so that we can endeavour to ensure your stay is as you require it to be.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

50% off for Accor club members for food in the restaurant always a good thing.

Clean room and great view from my room on the 13th floor. Shower is a bit old with some cracks showing but the room and location spacious and convenient to the city.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference. Ended up in a superior room on 8th floor and could not complain about many things. Room was large but bathrooms are dated. Beds comfortable, pillow menu available and cleaners did a great job each day.

What ruined it ... Something small and manageable.

The safe deposit box would not work one afternoon. Flat batteries. Called maintenance and waited ... Finally came ... Then waited again. Nearly 40 minutes after ringing, still not open and I was not going anywhere as I needed my wallet.

In desperation I texted the Manager's number on a card in the room. She was on her way up ... She and another receptionist opened the safe in thirty second - something the "maintenance" guy could not do.

For all their apologies it was just too long to have to tolerate such incompetence! As it was i missed the shop i needed to get to by five minutes ... Not impressed!!

A tip ... I am sitting there, the safe is next to the fridge .... How about the guy who knows I am waiting for this long says "why don't you have a beer from the mini-bar whilst you wait - our shout to apologize for your wait"! This would have made the situation tolerable ... As would giving this incompetent guy a boot up the bum from management ASAP!! Simple service would make the situation bearable ... Please learn from that!!

Conference facilities were great ... Breakfast good ... And Zac the Team Leader at dinner was a star!

One guy let you down ... Otherwise I would happily return!!

• Stayed August 2013
MercurePerth, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks very much for telling us about your stay and the problem with your safe. I realise that another apology won’t cut it after you have experienced this frustrating situation ... but this could have been avoided I agree and I am so very sorry. Your suggestion about the beer did make me smile, so true and such a simple gesture which would have eased this for you I can see that. We will work on this moving forward and appreciate your comments which we will definitely build on to improve service to our guests. We do hope to see you again here at the Mercure in Perth and we hope we can serve you better.
Merredin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Mercure Hotel offers a comfortable stay in a great location within walking distance to Perth city centre. Staff are very helpful and willing to assist guests to enjoy their stay. Dining facilities are also excellent especially the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com