2,036 results
All reviewseast towerrooftop poolsuperior roomvalet parkingaccor memberpillow menuroom servicehay streetgood sizebuffet breakfastbell towercentral locationbit datedlate checkpleasant staywould stay againelizabeth quay
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel has very basic hotel rooms with very basic facilities but charges more than $500 a night during the week. The room TV is very small and the only pay TV is Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3. Breakfast is not included in the room rate. There is no free internet or wi fi in the room. The concierge service on arrival was poor. Generally a rip off.

Room Tip: Don't stay unless you are very wealthy and want a second rate hotel.
1  Thank CliveWall
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I visited the Mercure recently with a group of friends. The accomodation was fine but soon after checking in we were told by a staff member their restaurant wasn't worth trying and to try other options. To add to this the bar service was woeful. First there was a mistake with our food order and one of party's burger would need to be re-made. Our pizzas were horrible then another night the staff needed instructions about how to make a Pimms and lemonade and they told us they had to go to another building to get us a bottle of champagne as they only had half a bottle on site? Overpriced and pretty ordinary.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The room was fine - clean and tidy but nothing at all to get excited about considering the EXTREMELY over-inflated pricing as is present with most hotels in Perth. When you consider the places you can stay elsewhere in Australia, let alone other cities around the world for the same price it's hard not to feel a bit sour regarding the standard of the accommodation at the Mercure.
As for vessie73's comment regarding the Espresso machine, this is obviously not standard as it was not present in our Superior room and we paid around $400 a night- Lucky her!
The best aspect of the hotel is that the location good for sight-seeing in Perth.
The service was also average, staff were not particularly friendly, helpful or knowledgeable- I asked a staff member on reception where the closest Blue Cat bus stop was and he had no idea, I would have thought this was a pretty common tourist query. But he did thrust a map at me with the bus routes on it by way of explanation, so I was able to work it out.
Overall,there's nothing actually wrong with the Mercure Perth, but nothing special about it for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kparm
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Perth is widely acknowledged as one of the most expensive cities in Australia, but that is no excuse for slack service and poor quality food at dinner.

We were travelling on a Mercure / Accor members special and I had to fight all the way for my entitlements of a free bottle of wine. I was told at the desk on check-in that they had no idea of the special. I produced the printed out documentation and there was much to-ing and fro-ing between the desk and a back room. Assured all was sorted, but of course no wine arrived and we had to start all over again, this time with an assistant manager arriving at the door to take away my print-out and copy it. Then the wrong colour wine arrived. Hardly worth all the effort, but a principle was involved.

Part of the deal which WAS honoured was an upgrade from the room category I'd booked to the 'privilege' version of the same room. It was lovely and large, but contained a strangely tiny television which made viewing from either the bed or the seats quite a challenge.

The room also faced a large office block opposite, so no privacy whatsoever ... at least there was a sideways view of a church plaza and light flowed in.

Good sized bathroom with separate shower, but tired and dated finishes, including a very awkward shower situation (impossible to turn on without being under the tap and therefore risking cold/hot water stream).

Check-in form asked what papers we'd like delivered, but none ever were, despite my following up. There were plentiful papers available in foyer and restaurant, but I need my papers early in the morning and would prefer not to have to get dressed to access them.

Breakfast buffet was plentiful and quite good quality, including do-it-yourself watermelon juice and some gorgeous poached eggs, but dinner was absolutely appalling. The bill for two with just two courses and no drinks was $100. Was very glad that I had my Accor discount which took some of the sting out, but even at $50, what we were served was really poor quality. At least the super-friendly service took some of the sting out of the bill.

Should we ever return to Perth, this will not be where we will be staying, despite its handy location.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a higher class of room rather than the basic ones.
1  Thank maruschka