2,034 results
All reviewseast towerrooftop poolsuperior roomvalet parkingaccor memberpillow menuroom servicehay streetgood sizebuffet breakfastbell towercentral locationbit datedlate checkpleasant staywould stay againelizabeth quay
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I traveled to Perth for three days for business. I chose the Mercure largely on the basis of reviews on TripAdvisor, both of this hotel and others. It isn't only that hotels are pricey in Perth, but that reviews of name brand hotels often appear below standards for the brand. Mercure's reviews were within reasonable bounds and the price I was able to get for the accommodation was quite reasonable, all things considered -- I took advantage of their Privilege Package that included internet, breakfast, added amenities, and a $50 food credit.

Checking into the hotel took some time because the package I booked was not set up in their system and rather than do the set up after I checked in I was left waiting for 10 minutes while this was done. There was similarly a delay when checking out for the very same reason -- the bill had to be adjusted because those things included had been charged for. The room as it turned out was quite comfortable and suited my needs, however it was on the side of the building facing the fire station, which I am told isn't pleasant if there is a fire call out. I was lucky. The amenities in the room were what I needed and the cleaning staff was attentive.

There were two wrinkles worth mentioning. When my wife tried calling from North America on morning she got through to the hotel but it took 3 calls and 10 minutes before she could get someone to answer the call so she could reach my room ... all the while paying long distance charges while on hold. Neither she or I were impressed. The other wrinkle is that there are cards in the room asking whether the guest is willing to receive an evaluation form by email after their stay. I handed in the form, but never received the evaluation. I took this to indicate that management doesn't really want feedback nor care about the experience of their guests. Kind of sad.

Despite this, I would recommend Mercure because it is better priced than many, perfectly located (much, much better than most of the other hotels I considered), and the room was more than adequate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights for a wedding.
The front desk were very helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and reasonably sized, and the bed was comfortable.
Would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate recommending to others.
Very quiet despite the inner city location.
$28 for valet parking (only parking option) and expensive internet the only gotchas.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Spacious rooms and great location. Room has everything you could need and more. Fantastic bed and pillows. Espresso machine and luxurious bath. Hotels in Perth are very expensive compared to Melbourne or Sydney but when you compare what the budget hotels are asking 380 a night is reasonable. Very quiet in the room. Car parking is expensive but other car parking is available close by.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our stay at Mercure Perth was comfortable and reasonably priced. In a good location in the centre of the city for a quiet weekend, with places nearby to shop. Not a very lively area at night time and not many places to eat out nearby but felt safe in this area to go for a stroll.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family