2,035 results
All reviewseast towerrooftop poolsuperior roomvalet parkingaccor memberpillow menuroom servicehay streetgood sizebuffet breakfastbell towercentral locationbit datedlate checkpleasant staywould stay againelizabeth quay
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The location for our purposes is good
The breakfast should have a cuppacino machine
The differences in rates is great between week rates and weekend rates

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Above average price for a below average hotel. I will give it good location and valet parking is convenient when you arrive with two children and a load of luggage.
I did not see any of the friendly staff other people mention. One staff member was helpful but appeared really ill with the flu which is really poor policy for front of house.
The room was dated, the bathroom in dire need of refreshing, no bath even though we asked foe one. My biggest complaint however is the lack of insulation in the rooms. The room next to us was clearly having a party, loads of shouting, cheering, loud music. We took it on the chin until 10pm which was pretty fair of us given that we have two children aged three and one however at 10pm I had had enough. We were due to get up at the crack of dawn the next morning to continue our journey and no one could sleep for the noise. On calling the reception we were informed that they were aware of the noise from other complaints but it was ok as the people were going out in 5 mins. After 10 mins had passed I called again to say actually it is getting worse and was told another 5 mins. I called again after 5 mins as by this point the entire party appeared to be in the hallway banging on our door calling us a whole host of names, swearing and telling us how boring and old and over 50 years old we must be (these people did not give Australians a good name). On calling reception again we were offered another room. Clearly that was not the right solution for us, given that we had young children and it was almost 10.30pm. On rejecting that offer we were told it was ok they were going out now. I explained that we were in a hotel room with, at a guess, between 4-6 clearly drunk men and women banging on our door shouting obsenities at us, it was clearly not a nice situation to be in with two small children in the room. We were assured they would deal with it. The noise then stopped as obviously they had moved on so I tried to go to sleep. The phone then rang about 15/20 minutes later (waking me) for the reception to inform me that the other guests were going to be moving the party to another room so they were allowing the people to return to their old room next to ours to get their stuff. You guessed it...........another 15/20 mins of shouting, banging doors, thumping on walls, obscenities. Insane and I am only 35 thank you very much! Not so much as an apology from any member of staff. Truly awful.

Room Tip: erm, if you want a good room go to a different hotel............
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank axe71
MercurePerth, General Manager at Mercure Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

I am so sorry that you had such a disturbed and disappointing stay at our hotel and that our team members were not able to better handle the situation.
We have seldom had such unruly and inconsiderate guests as were in the room next to yours.
Our evening staff regularly check the bedroom corridors to try to ensure our guests are not disturbed, and almost always if there is excessive noise the reaction to our request is positive and considerate.This was obviously not the case during your visit.
Please accept my apologies for your disturbed night.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed here over Easter weekend. We thought it was a good value central location to see Perth. The valet parking was great & the staff were friendly and efficient. Rooms are comfy although bathrooms are a bit dated. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012