“Good karma”

Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Canberra, Australia
“Good karma”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A last minute booking (at a discounted rate) for a very late night arrival and early departure, this hotel had everything we needed and felt good. The staff were really pleasant and helpful on both arrival and departure, we would have only liked to have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Flashduck,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Sorry that it couldn’t be longer!
Hopefully we will see you for a longer stay on your next trip to Perth.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.

Travelodge Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Albany, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was put in this hotel by my airline since they had made me miss my connecting flight home...though I was happy it was Travelodge as I had only just been staying in Travelodge Hobart for my holiday there which was just as good.

The 2 girls at reception, 1 of who was only a trainee, were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. They both had foreign accent-somewhere in Europe? I only wish I got their names so I could commend them better. As I was catching the first flight home very early in the morning, I was going to miss out on breakfast since they do breakfast from 6:30am and I had to leave for the airport at 4am. This wasn't a problem though as these 2 girls very kindly let me have a bowl of cereal (and of my choice) sent to my room with a jug of milk to have for breakfast...free of charge.

The bed was pretty comfortable...and I don't have luck with getting comfortable hotel beds so I was very happy to have got a fairly good bed. The room was very spacious. The mini bar fridge wasn't in a tight spot in the cupboard so you really had to push the door shut to properly close it. I was surprised there were no cutlery, bowls, plates etc. in the room like there was in Travelodge Hobart but this didn't bother me as I was only staying one night and already had my meals covered. The TV in my room was confusing to get working. I couldn't get an EPG up for the channels at all (no option on remote to do so) so I found it hard to find out what channel was what and what shows were on TV that night.

There's a free city bus that stops right outside the hotel which is very useful, but even though the bus comes around every 5 mins, the hotel is in a good central location close to many things.

They do have an onsite restaurant-the Armada, which I had dinner at. I ordered their porterhouse steak deal which was very nice, and after dessert I was very full. It did take some time and a long wait though to get both my meal and then dessert out.

Overall a pleasant stay and I would be happy to stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank IrishAussie91
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hi IrishAussie91,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during your unexpected stop over!

All our Travelodge’s including Perth and Hobart offer great value for money and exceptional service. All our reception team go the extra mile to provide our guest whatever they need to make their stays comfortable.

The free bus that stops right outside our door is an excellent system to get around Perth.

The Armada bar and restaurant is open 7 nights a week for dinner and breakfast as well as being open Monday – Friday for Lunch.

Kelmscott, Australia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Although it doesn't have river views the Travelodge is only a short stroll to the river and 10 minute walk to the city. The hotel is clean and the bed reasonably comfy. Check-in was fast and efficient and the room was as we expected for the price. Basic hotel but good value for those on a budget.

1 Thank John W
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear John W,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be such good value for money.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My partner & I came to Perth and for me it was the first time. I research reviews plus we were on a budget so this was in range compared with other hotels. To note- most wedding guests stayed at the Hyatt and they had paid huge dollars for an outdated room and $40 breakfast- we were so relieved to pick this hotel for the following reasons:-

Location: 5 min walk to river, main mall and central train station

Room & Facilities: modern, clean, with own balcony. The downstairs restaurant was busy- some of the better food and service we had in Perth. Mains range $ 20-35 in price. Buffet breakfast $25 pp

Price: the better quality than where 3 separate parties stayed who also travelled over. More modern than the name suggests. The group I found also owns The Vibe hotels, so I guess the quality for the price now makes sense to me.

Negatives; hard bed!!! Why do hotels persist on hard beds. So sore every morning.

I would suck it up and stay here again though- given all my other comments a very good hotel option ESP given price.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Hollybrookandaudrey
Dear Hollybrookandaudrey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Travelodge Perth.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be such good value for money. As you point out our location is perfect for visitors to Perth and we even have the free red cat bus stoping right outside our door.

Fraser Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2014

stayed here 23/1/14 overnight. came in from late flight and we were greeted by TOBY at the desk. very helpful indeed. gave us a very comfortable room which was exceptionally clean and of good size if you were spending a few nights. Bathroom was spotless. checkout was quick and hehad a cab waiting for our early morning flight. Well done Travelodge and Toby, will stay again.

1 Thank Laurie W
Dear Laurie W,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Toby is our night manager and he is always making sure our guests are looked after.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge hotel again in the near future.

Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Whilst the hotel room was a bit weary it was clean and tidy.I am a big believer in regular touching up of paintwork etc!Having said that it really is great value for money,I hope it continues to be, for a city centre hotel.It is in an ideal location and was not noisy.The staff were pleasant and helpful.The balcony has a high wall and so has high chairs to perch on to see over.

Room Tip: I personally wouldn't bother paying to get a balcony room again as the chairs and wall were high...
1 Thank Jokemuss
Dear Jokemuss,

Thank you for your review.

You would have hopefully seen whilst you were at the hotel, that we are doing numerous works to modernise and refresh our look. On top of that we have a painter working at the hotel keeping on top of all the paint work.

Our balcony rooms, with their newly installed double glazed balcony doors, provide an extra option for guests who like to have a balcony to relax on.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge hotels again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here back in November, booked online and thought it was a pretty decent price for a well known chain. On arrival, we informed that they had no parking, and we could park outside the hotel (in the centre of Perth) or pay for parking across the road ($30 for the night) which we did. We paid for our room, and upon checking our bank balance, found that they had taken more money than they should have (I don't remember the exact amount, but it was about $100) without mentioning it to either of us. I called down to reception and was told that it was a bond to cover if we buy anything snacks etc and that we would receive it back on checkout. No one told us about this, but we said fine and thought no more. When checking out the next day, we were told that they were holding the money, and we would "probably' get it back within 3 working days,depending on the bank. Again, nothing had been explained to us on check it, so we were paying $100 on top of what we had already paid for the room! The manager explained that unless we used a credit card (which they would charge us for using) they would need to hold the money. This was ridiculous, NOTHING had been said to us on arrival, in fact, the receptionist had barely spoken to us.

The room was average, bed was uncomfortable, view was a parking lot, TV was in a very random position, very noisy.

Will definitely not stay again.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeighC89
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear LeighC89,

Thank you for your review.

It clearly states on guests booking confirmations and all websites, that the hotel does not have guest parking facilities. There are numerous parking options close to the hotel and we even have a tablet on the reception desk that allows you to book at the Wilsons car park near us.

It is standard practice for hotels to request a holding credit card authorisation from guests upon check in. No actual money was taken from your card as it was only a holding authorisation that if you don’t use upon check out will be released by your bank, not the hotel, usually within 3 working days. This policy is on our signage reception desk as well as by the receptionist verbally upon check-in.