“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The staff of the Travelodge are very friendly and helpful, making our stay there extremely enjoyable. We had initially booked one night's stay with plans to return to Perth a week later. After our 1st night, we decided to book with Travelodge again and were able to retain the same room. This was their Standard Room with one extra-large double + one single which was great for our family of 4 (including 2 preschoolers). The room was clean and spacious. There was a dedicated kid's TV channel which showed programs suitable for preschoolers. The Red Cat bus-stop at the doorstep was excellent! Each time we stepped out a bus was there or arriving soon. We could take it 1 or 2 stops down to either supermarket in the vicinity. It was also only a 10-minute walk from the malls at Murray Street. Within 1-2 blocks (in various directions) were 24-hour convenience stores and eateries include Mc, Subway, Crossiant Express. There is no guest parking though and parking along the street was at $3+ per hour (free though from 6pm-8am). The inhouse restaurant located at the front is popular and the al fresco dining meant lots of noise at night. Thus it was a good our room faced the back and we had view of a quaint-looking hotel. The hotel is undergoing renovation and one lift was being replaced but we experienced very little inconvenience.

Room Tip: The restaurant at the front of the hotel has al fresco dining and it gets noisy at night.
Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Kim N,

Thank for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Travelodge Perth with us.

I’m please to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you extended for another night!

Having the free red cat bus stopping right outside the hotel is a huge bonus for our guests visiting Perth. And as you mention, we are less than a 10 minute walk to the centre of all the Perth life.

All our street facing rooms have recently had double glazed doors installed which eliminate all the noise from the Al Fresco dining area and the street.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.

Travelodge Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when it was more affordable with a recently advertised a special ($110/night/Dec 2013 which I considered good value compared to other places), for five nights in room 511 at the rear Eastern corner of the building partly facing a brick wall and partly overlooking nearby office buildings. Many of the rear rooms look at the brick wall. The main disadvantage was a noisy kitchen mechanical ventilation exhaust near the window clearly audible even with double glazing, which hotel staff turned down between 10pm and 5.30am upon request which meant I could then get to sleep providing I used ear plugs. If you want to stay in a front room with more of a view there is an extra $20 charge per night although staff reckoned the front rooms facing Hay Street are noisier (they too are double
glazed).

If like me you like a top sheet on your bed (when a doona is too hot but nothing is not enough) you will have to ask for it as only a doona is provided, and the King bed turned out to be two single beds pushed together. The second lift is still being renovated (Dec 2013) and there is no sign at each floor to indicate this so be prepared to wait several/five minutes before the lift stops at your floor (when asked a staff member was not aware how long before it would be repaired). There is no pool or spa.

The hotel has been nicely modernised and is very clean and comfortable, with a restaurant and well equipped free gymnasium on the ground floor. The bathroom was modern, and the room nicely furnished including a flatscreen TV. The hotel is well located with the fantastic free red cat bus taking you right into town from the front door. You can also get the ($4.20) 37 bus to the airport from St Georges Terrace one block down. Hotel staff were courteous and immediately responsive to requests.

Room Tip: Higher the better at the front for less traffic noise, and higher at the back is further from the me...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear rosivdapirt101,

Thank you for your review.

Our standard rooms all have double glazed windows on them that reduce the outside noise considerably. We have also just completed installation of new double glazed balcony doors on our superior rooms.

As part of our refurbishment program we are installing new lifts in the hotel. The new lifts will be faster, quieter and more comfortable. This work is due to be completed in December. There is signage on the ground floor advising that only one lift is operational.

Boquete, Panama
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was our first stop on a month long trip in Australia. I had problems when I arrived with my luggage being taken by mistake at the airport and my travel agent did not book a disabled room for my husband. Well, the staff went way beyond the call of duty. Kevin and Timea were just fantastic about getting my luggage to me, getting me a special needs room, and told me where to find places to visit. They don't have free internet but you can go to Mc Donald's down the street. The room was wonderful and the view was great. There was even a fireworks show that I could see from my balcony. Perth is VERY expensive and the prices high for hotels but I was told by someone else this was a bargain. I would stay there again anytime. Thanks for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Diyona,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

That’s sounds like a very stressful arrival in to Perth! I am very pleased that Timea and Kevin were able to assist helping you. I will be sharing your comments with them and the entire team.

New Zealand
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Corporate rate special, here on business overnight. Comfortable, 9th floor, excellent standards. Loved the bath to soak and splash in. 10 minute walk to venue. Easy walk everywhere down town city. Corporate office across the road who booked me in here. Staff friendly, smiling, good to see. Feedback to corporate office....book me here again please, with a bath a must have.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mykara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

The team and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us so much. We pride ourselves on being a great hotel for business and leisure guests alike.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Wg enjoyed are stay here the shower was nice and the room was spacious, with a good tv with a range of channels . The staff were pleasant and were quick to help us, bit confused why the room check out time is 10 and yet when we rang reception they told us it was 11. The only thing that was bad was the cost of the internet in rooms that was disgusting $19 for 24 hours. Travelodge in England is expensive but nothing even close to that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Josh L,

Thank you for your review.

The team and I are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured our internet prices are very competitive with other Perth hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Perth.

Melbourne
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for work and would definitely not recommend this hotel if you are staying here for work.
First of all there is no car-park which is a hassle if you're arriving off a flight with a hire car. The nearest car park is about 300 meters away. There is parking in front of the hotel, but it is metered and penalties apply. The only time penalties don't apply is after 5pm and before 8am.
There was only one functioning lift when I was there which was a bit of a hassle but these things happens.
The rooms are not very well equipped. There wasn't even a clock radio in my room which is annoying because if you wake up in the night you have to look at your phone to know what time it is. My phone died and I forgot my charger and they didn't have spare iPhone chargers, which most hotels do these days. I requested a wake-up telephone call and this came on time which is great.
The room service was very poor, it seemed like the room service staff were in a hurry and the feeling I got when I saw my room is that they couldn't be bothered.
The restaurant is decent, not many options for breakfast but that's probably to be expected for the price. I wasn't sure whether you could order eggs separately or a barrista coffee because it wasn't explained to me by the waiter as I entered.
The only good thing about the hotel is its central location, however, as a business traveller I will never be staying at the Travelodge again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Carinee26
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Carinee26,

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately Travelodge Perth does not have any onsite parking however, there are numerous options close to us. Please just see our friendly restaurant team for more information.
We are currently having new lifts installed which is why only one was working. Please accept my Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
All our rooms have a clock radio next to the beds. Soon we will have Ipod docking alarm clocks installed.
We keep a variety of chargers at reception however, sometimes the popular ones such as Iphone’s our under heavy demand.
Please accept my apologies for your room not being serviced correctly. I will be passing your feedback on to our housekeeping department.

Crows Nest, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great deal of potential which will hopefully be realised once renovations are complete.

With only one lift in operation I was worried about the wait but luckily it never eventuated.

Staff are excellent and friendly, making the experience better

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Thomas S,

Thank you for your review.

Our new lift installation is due to be completed on the 9th of December but, as you point out there is not too much disruption while we operate on the one lift.

We currently have numerous projects on to modernise the hotel and all of them are due to be completed by the end of January.