“Perfect visit to Perth” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Bridgetown WA
“Perfect visit to Perth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We live in Rural WA and decided on a few days in Perth with 15yo son and his mate. The connecting rooms were lovely. Beautiful view of Cathedral. Great location for city activities and public transport all over Perth. Staff were very friendly and helpful to the boys and to me. Rooms delightful, scrupulously clean, bright and airy. No air-con noise (YAY!) Curtains cut morning light and enabled sleep ins. Restaurant was great for drinks and meals. Boys loved the Schnitzel night and the cakes. Nothing was too much trouble for any staff. Gym was well equipped too.

Room Tip: We were up high on East side. Good views and good curtains blocked morning sun.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John_Bristowe, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear LindaBridgetownWA,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.
The team and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay so much!
Our interconnecting rooms off the perfect solution to families looking for decent reasonably priced accommodation in the city.
Our Thursday Schnitzel night has been a huge success since we implemented it and all the feedback for both it and our Armada bar & restaurant has been great!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.
Travelodge Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
china
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Although at the quieter end of city centre, still a good location, walkable to ANYWHERE. Room is spacious with an excellent view of St Mary's Church. Only complaint is that the room has a faint smell of tobacco, even though it is a nonsmoking room.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Dinner was good at the restaurant, especially loved the homemade dips with sour bread. Breakfast is a bit expensive, but there are plenty of cafes just down the road on the left.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pinkchouchong
Dear pinkchouchong,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
The team and I are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and found our location so convenient.
Please accept my apologies for the tobacco smell in the room. All our rooms are non-smoking so please be assured that it was just a one off occurrence.
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had to stay in this hotel due to our original hotel we stayed in was fully booked. We stay at the Travelodge hotel Perth for a week and we booked two rooms which interconnecting. The receptionists staff we met every time regardless what time during the day are terrible. They are so unprofessional and rude!! There were a few times when we had to ask them to do some photocopy & scanning documents for us, their response was " It is going to cost $0.25 each!!". I was like sure, i didn't say i wasn't going to pay for it. There are better way to tell your hotel guests about the cost of photocopy & scanning other than raising your eyebrow and talk as if you get so hard done by! I couldn't believe how rude and unprofessional the customer service of the reception staff are. This all can be improved by better training and manager's expectation of the staff performance. I would be truly disappointed if i were the hotel owner seeing all these staff we hired has such a terrible attitude towards the paying guests. I don't think i would ever return to this hotel or recommend this hotel to any of my family & friends. None of my family & friends deserve to be treated this way after paying so much for the hotel room & service. It's a totally non-enjoyable and definitely a memorable one which we would continue telling all our friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Withlovexx
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Kwi S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Please accept my sincere apologies if the service you received was not up to our usually very high standards.
We always verbally advise all guests of the price of all of our services before they use them. We only do so because we want to make sure guests are fully aware of all the charges going on their accounts. It is never because we do not think they will not pay for it, we just like to keep them informed of the costs.
I am very surprised by your comments regarding our reception team, all the other feedback I have received as well as the other reviews on Tripadvisor, all speak very highly of our reception team. I will be sharing your comments with the reception team who I am sure will be disappointed to hear of your experience.
If you would like to speak with me regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me at jbristowe@travelodge.com.au
Hotel Manger
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

First two caveats about Perth. First, like Canberra, it is a business city, not a tourism city, so hotels (and meals) are expensive for what you get. Just accept it. Second, if I ever came back on a holiday I'd stay in Freemantle (30 minute train ride) because the CBD is set up for business, not tourism.

Overall I was very happy with my stay at the Travelodge - not a luxury hotel by any means but clean, comfortable and friendly. I stayed in a Queen balcony room.

Pros: The service was excellent. When my in-wall hair dryer wasn't working they sent one up and sent someone to repair the old one. I was even asked whether I was happy with the cleaning of my room during a random room survey.

The balcony rooms have a lovely view and the rooms are very spacious. The TVs have lots of channels (useful on a boring weekday night), the breakfast is decent and so is the dinner menu. Nice touch with the breakfast is that you can pay for either just toast and coffee, just continental, or the hot breakfast.

Cons: The mattress is pretty firm, which some people will like but I prefer a softer bed. The bathroom sink is rather small if you had 2 people using it but I was alone so it didn't bother me. And you have to pay for internet access - $50 for a 3-night package. It's certainly not the only hotel that does this but really, it's 2012, when are hotels going to stop considering internet an overpriced 'added extra'?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Alexa_Melbourne,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the hair dryer not working. I’m glad we were able to rectify it so quickly for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels in the near future.
Redruth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights before a 3 month trip around OZ in a campervan. I found it clean and comfortable with all the usual amenities. The breakfast was very good. Lots of choice and plenty of it. Set me up for a day's sightseeing. Convenient for walking around the city. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear oggysouthpark,
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for your recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ok, so for Perth it's great, any other city and I would say it needs a little tlc.

The cleaning staff were lovey, the only problem I had was with one particular receptionist. I locked my key in my room, when I went to ask for a new key she made me feel like I was the stupidest guest she had ever seen, later that morning when I glwent back to my room the key didn't work. I returned to reception and explained that it wasn't working. I was totally calm and polite, (I would admit if it was my negativity, however it wasn't), she said "what's wrong with it?" I had to explain again that it's "not working". Again she
Made me feel sub human over a silly key! I understand she may have had a bad day, however most of us a respectful and polite to our paying customers.

On another note, the food was great at the restaurant for dinner, breakfast is an average hotel breakfast.

However, I do recommend they clean the reception area of the restaurant (where they make coffee and have cakes etc". The floor is discusting, I had the privilege of sitting by the window looking directly into that area and there were old take away coffee cups on the floor and months worth of dirt. Look I stay in hotels every week, I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness and friendliness.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear fabian1982,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Please accept my apolgies if the service you received from any of our team was not up to our usually very high standards that are often commented on. I will be passing your feedback on to our entire team to help them better improve upon thier service.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the food in Armada restaurant and thank you for the feedback regarding the cofffee station, I have raised this issue with our cleaners.