“I would stay there again”

Travelodge Hotel Perth
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Ok, so for Perth it's great, any other city and I would say it needs a little tlc.

The cleaning staff were lovey, the only problem I had was with one particular receptionist. I locked my key in my room, when I went to ask for a new key she made me feel like I was the stupidest guest she had ever seen, later that morning when I glwent back to my room the key didn't work. I returned to reception and explained that it wasn't working. I was totally calm and polite, (I would admit if it was my negativity, however it wasn't), she said "what's wrong with it?" I had to explain again that it's "not working". Again she
Made me feel sub human over a silly key! I understand she may have had a bad day, however most of us a respectful and polite to our paying customers.

On another note, the food was great at the restaurant for dinner, breakfast is an average hotel breakfast.

However, I do recommend they clean the reception area of the restaurant (where they make coffee and have cakes etc". The floor is discusting, I had the privilege of sitting by the window looking directly into that area and there were old take away coffee cups on the floor and months worth of dirt. Look I stay in hotels every week, I'm picky when it comes to cleanliness and friendliness.

• Stayed: September 2012
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear fabian1982,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Please accept my apolgies if the service you received from any of our team was not up to our usually very high standards that are often commented on. I will be passing your feedback on to our entire team to help them better improve upon thier service.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the food in Armada restaurant and thank you for the feedback regarding the cofffee station, I have raised this issue with our cleaners.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We got this hotel through expedia, and stayed for 4nights.

Rooms are so-so but kept clean, and there were no problems
about the water temperature and drainage in bath room that I worried about.
I was very happy that high-powered hair drier was equipped .

The only problem I had was noise in the corridor.
Soundproofing is not sufficient,and I was awakened once
by noisy guests looking for their room in 3a.m.

Staffs are very helpful and friendly. Over all, we liked this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mkishou
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear mkishou,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with you feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am please you enjoyed your stay with us and please accept my apologies for the disturbance to your sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Hotels again in the near future.

John Bristowe | Hotel Manager
Travelodge Perth Hotel

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here overnight on a business trip. Staff were extremely helpful, rooms look and feel clean and the big plus is that they are quiet. Wireless Internet works (hooray!) and inclusion of breakfast was a lovely bonus. Would highly recommend as a quality, budget hotel option.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
John B, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear PPP_11,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for your recommendation.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights and dont really hav anything bad to say. The staff were very infriendly - special mention to Ankit Pilani, a very helpful duty manager who was always there to answer any of my questions and queries.

The hotel is located in an ideal part of central Perth...just on Hay street and about a 5 minute walk from the Mall. It is up by the Royal Perth Hospital and the impressive Catholic cathedral as well as many shops, restaurants and quiet bars.

The only problem I had was that 'room service' can be quite noisy in the morning time...no real need to bang doors or generally be so loud in the corridors.

If you are looking to stay in Perth, stay here...it will fulfill all of your needs whether you are travelling for business or leisure.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank doscal

Dear doscal,
The team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! Ankit, and the rest of the Travelodge Perth team do everything we can to make sure our guests needs are attended to.
Our location provides excellent access to Perth city and as you mentioned everything you need is within walking distance of the hotel.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We got this hotel for $80 through hooroo.com so were slightly unsure about what we were getting. The room was large, good bed and a balcony. The bathroom could have done with refurbishment, trying to control the water temperature was challenging and the shower is in the bath and tends to soak the floor no matter how careful you are. Apart from that our stay was pleasant, good soundproofing (guessing the firedoors and carpets help with that), and would go back. Really can't complain giving the price we paid!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Raquelle686,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback regarding our bathrooms.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Location Ok for business travellers and shoppers. Room is adequate and could do with a good clean and maintenance. The floor in the bathroom needed a good mop. I had to hold showerhead up to have a shower. Bedside light switch was behind single bed so everytime you moved the light went out. I moved the bed to fix this problem but staff kept moving it back. Breakfast was very average and quality of coffee poor. The layout of the buffet meant there were long delays when there were more than 3 people trying to get food. Better to head towards city and grab breakfast at nearby cafe called The Usual. Great coffee. Room service was fast and quality of food good. In any other city in Australia this hotel would be half the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear TillyTravellers,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on Tripadvisor.
Please accept my sincere apologies for your room not being up to our usually very high standards that are often commented on. We check our rooms daily to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance so please be assured that yours was an isolated incident. We have also recently upgraded our breakfast offerings and also have a completely new buffet area being installed in our restaurant soon.
Due to its remoteness, Perth is a more expensive city than the rest of Australia however; Travelodge Perth is one of the most competitively priced hotels and is excellent value for money.
If you would like to discuss your stay with me, please feel free to contact me on the below email.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights.

Rooms very clean and spacious with complimentary toiletries. Very comfy large double bed.

Gym not big but better than some hotels! Has equipment you need.

Nice restaurant and food.

Shame WIFI was not included which I think it should be for the cost of this hotel.

Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear debrakpage ,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is very well quipped and all the equipment is maintained to a high standard.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.