“Better late than never”

Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Perth
London, United Kingdom
“Better late than never”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Apologies, this review is a little late!

My fiancée and I stayed in this hotel as part of a 3 pronged tour of Australia, following England’s glorious 2010/11 Ashes victory in the process.

It was at a time when we weren’t flushed with cash, so we were looking for something which was mid-range and the hotel was exactly that. We paid a fair price, and got a fair service. Our flight into Perth was heavily delayed owing to snow in the UK, and completely unexplained reasons in Dubai. As a result, we didn’t arrive at the hotel until 3:30am, but the reception was still open, and the chap behind the desk was most helpful.

The room was very spacious, and clean, and the large fridge was ideal for stashing milk, beers and snacks in. A handy money saving tip for the frugal traveller, as breakfast in the hotel was pricey.

The Travelodge is well situated with regard to the WACA, it was a 5/10 minute walk down the road. There is a nice Hotel/Bar nearby called the Carlton if you fancy a break from the hotel without having to stroll into town, serving a decent selection of meals and booze. The Perth Mint is also close, and we were pleasantly surprised at how interesting this was, not usually being ones for this kind of attraction.

The town centre itself is only a 15 minute walk away, Kings Park being quite a bit further. This Park is a must if you are visiting Perth, but I'd reccomend an a/c bus or taxi to get there.

Would I stay in this hotel again? Yes I would, but on our next trip to Oz we hope to be able to up the luxury a little. This hotel is perfectly fit for purpose, but if you are hoping for something more opulent, perhaps extend your search beyond here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeJackson82
Kang Hee L, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
The team at Travelodge Perth are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive and constructive feedback. We apologies for the inconvenience caused by not having the kitchen open due to an emergency. We are currently looking at ensuring the team all provide excellent customer service on the rare occasion that this happens.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Travelodge Perth in the near future.

Kang Hee Lee
Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Location is opposite Hospital. About a 10 minute walk from Hay Street mall. Rooms are Ok but tired. Mroom was poorly maintained with a couple of dining chairs looking ominously onto the bed?????..Tiles in bathroom behind the door hadn't seen a mop for a while, towell rail hanging off the wall, and exhaust fan full of lint and dander....aka..GROSS!

No parking available and a cold buffet breakfast completes a disspointing stay. Another Perth hotel crossed off.

Room Tip: Back has no view but away from noise of fire station
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Bflow66
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Perth.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide me with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with my team to improve our overall guest experience. As you will notice from our other reviews & feedback, this is not our normal standard of service and it is disappointing that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion.

I would value the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further. I can be contacted directly at the hotel on (08) 9238 1888

Thank you once again for providing me with this feedback and I look forward to discussing with you further.

Kang Hee Lee
Assistant Hotel Manager
hong kong
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I got a good price for a room and I am happy with the proximity to the city and attractions

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed Travelodge Perth and our great location!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Kind regards
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good location purely as it is next to the Hula Bula bar.
Pretty overpriced for what you get - a basic hotel room. Furnishings were very ordinary, perhaps even dated but if you are looking for a clean room and bed for the night it is fine.
Did have a balcony - but no parking available. Payment parking in the larger parking centres only.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Denise L
, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate all the detail you have shared.
I am happy to confirm that Travelodge Perth has just completed a full install of new woollen carpets in our guest rooms since your last stay in September 2011.

We hope you will try us again soon!

Kind regards
Hotel manager
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Overpriced- but that is Perth....disappointing room that smelt of cigarette due to guests being allowed to smoke on the balcony. Tired looking decor with bedcovers and cushions that have seen better days. On a positive note, the staff were polite, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: unless you are a smoker, don't choose a room with balcony, but you will have the noise of the ai...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank smaggles
, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Travelodge Perth. I was disappointed to hear that you found your cushions and covers dated. We are currently in the process of updating all our bedding and would welcome the opportunity to have you stay at the hotel again as I am sure we can exceed your expectations with our rooms.

Kind Regards
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was in Perth recently for work and needed somewhere reasonably central. I had stayed in the Travelodge some time ago, back in 2009, so was aware of its standard and location. While the view out of my room on the 4th floor looked out at a brick wall, the room itself was a good size, quite well appointed and clean and tidy. I had two good nights' sleep and the room was quiet. The room service meal I had was fine and the buffet breakfast at Armadas was good too--I liked the addition of curry and fried rice as an option, though the selection of fruits was a bit ordinary. Service was OK but at check in I was told that I was only booked in for one night (when I was actually booked in for two). I was told to go look somewhere else! There are two things about this which could have been handled better. First, the check in person should have checked my name in a separate booking for the next night (which is why there was some confusion). Second, he could have offered either to call another hotel OR to give me a list of other options nearby. At the end of a hard day (which I had) the last thing you need is a check in mistake. Other than that, all went well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised as we found that hotels in Perth are so expensive especially if you want something decent. There peak time is during the week as they cater to mostly business type clientele, so its a great price in the weekend, dont be shy to call and try to get a deal. The location was perfect just a stroll to the shops & cafes. Room was big, clean, tidy & well equipped. We had to ask for a shower curtain to be put in as the water was going everywhere when you had a shower and that was done in the blink of an eye. Great staff. Would stay here again & recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
moorey14, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Perth, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for providing us with this positive feedback. The team at Travelodge Perth are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have passed your comments onto the team and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.