“Go for it yourself!”

Starsand Yacht Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Starsand is a 65 foot beautiful Sailing Yacht We do charters from Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbor and Also from Broome into the Kimberly (April to September).We offer day sailing and overnight options. We offer private or shared sailing experiences - twilight sails, days sails (half or full day). We offer charters to Rottnest island, Carnac and also coastal water sailing. Come experience sailing aboard Starsand, sit back and relax, or take part in pulling the sails and getting behind the helm.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyable cruise to Rotto yesterday! Only glitch was the "Gourmet lunch provided..." It was a good, light, healthy lunch (bread, packed meat slices and salad) but certainly adequate for the cruise back to the mainland. Other than that my group had a terrific experience...crew of Simon and Abbie were very welcoming (certainly DIDN'T keep pestering about stuff to buy on the yacht); highly experienced and made you feel very safe. Such a chilled way to get to Rotto - far better than the race that is the Rottnest express! Overall, give it a go...you'll come off the yacht a far more relaxed person for it! Thank you Simon and Abbie - hope you have a lovely 2014!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Last Sunday my husband and I and two close friends spent a most enjoyable two hours cruising with this charter company. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We left the boat harbour and sailed out through the heads and then back into the main harbour. We enjoyed our champagne and nibbles ( don't know why others have complained about the nibbles, there was plenty to go around and they were served throughout the trip apart from times when the crew were busy sailing the boat)
We were treated to a beautiful sunset and enjoyed the company of others aboard the boat.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this trip which is a great way to enjoy two hours of sailing. The crew were very competent and friendly,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked the 'sunset sailing cruise'. It cost over 100 dollars each. It was blowing 30 knots of wind but the skipper decided to go ahead anyway. We 'sailed' - one heavily-reefed mainsail, engine on all the time - from the fishing harbour to the main containor port, soaking everyone on board. We cruised past the containers a couple of times before beating back again, soaking everyone once more. We were shown a life jacket during our 'safety talk' but not given one. The crew concentrated on trying to sell us as much alcohol as possible. Frankly, a rip off. With 30 knots of wind the trip should have been cancelled.

The trip was part of my birthday present, so I was very disappointed. There doesn't seem to be any alternative to Starsand in Fremantle - an opportunity just waiting for an entrepreneur who wants to provide a good sailing experience. These guys don't deserve the monopoly they have.

2  Thank arkadina58
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I purchased a christmas gift for through Adrenaline for Starsand cruises and then bought a second booking for my giftee to take a companion. Adrenaline only charged the second booking.

I contact Starsand Yatch Charters if they were available in hours Adrenaline was not and I was told if I did not want to pay for it then don't if I do, you need to sort with Adrenaline. I thought that Starsand would reserve a spot incase it sold out so we were able to get two tickets when I contact Adrenaline about the issue.

The person on the phone who I believe is the captain wasn't very pleasant on the phone. Basically not his problem and hung up abruptly. Upon this I looked up reviews for both and the productreview site has shocking reviews for Adrenaline.

I now have no christmas to give. If I do cancel or change they will change me $30 each. I don't think either company is interested one they have your money. The experience looked amazing and the site had good reviews. I saw the company facebook photographs. I was going to book myself and several friends to go as well as my mother and her partner. I don't really feel like it now.

Really upset and disappointed and no gift to give now on xmas day.

1  Thank review25122013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I will first advise I had an Our Deals (or similar) voucher and am thankful, if I had paid full price I would have been very disappointed.

Positives - boat lovely, lovely weather, friendly staff, nice evening, cruise route out to sea and then up into the harbour fantastic

Negatives - advertising champagne and nibbles (having just been on a tall ships cruise in Sydney Harbour which cost 1/4 of this one and we received finger food such us satay sticks, chicken bits, sushi, quiche, samosas, spring rolls, lovely dips etc the entire length of the cruise) the nibbles consisted of a bowl of potato chips and a bowl with 2 dips and some crudites (they were nice).
No commentating on what we were sailing past
Expensive