“Deeply disappointing”

Starsand Yacht Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Starsand is a 65 foot beautiful Sailing Yacht We do charters from Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbor and Also from Broome into the Kimberly (April to September).We offer day sailing and overnight options. We offer private or shared sailing experiences - twilight sails, days sails (half or full day). We offer charters to Rottnest island, Carnac and also coastal water sailing. Come experience sailing aboard Starsand, sit back and relax, or take part in pulling the sails and getting behind the helm.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Deeply disappointing”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked the 'sunset sailing cruise'. It cost over 100 dollars each. It was blowing 30 knots of wind but the skipper decided to go ahead anyway. We 'sailed' - one heavily-reefed mainsail, engine on all the time - from the fishing harbour to the main containor port, soaking everyone on board. We cruised past the containers a couple of times before beating back again, soaking everyone once more. We were shown a life jacket during our 'safety talk' but not given one. The crew concentrated on trying to sell us as much alcohol as possible. Frankly, a rip off. With 30 knots of wind the trip should have been cancelled.

The trip was part of my birthday present, so I was very disappointed. There doesn't seem to be any alternative to Starsand in Fremantle - an opportunity just waiting for an entrepreneur who wants to provide a good sailing experience. These guys don't deserve the monopoly they have.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank arkadina58

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adrenaline and Starsand”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I purchased a christmas gift for through Adrenaline for Starsand cruises and then bought a second booking for my giftee to take a companion. Adrenaline only charged the second booking.

I contact Starsand Yatch Charters if they were available in hours Adrenaline was not and I was told if I did not want to pay for it then don't if I do, you need to sort with Adrenaline. I thought that Starsand would reserve a spot incase it sold out so we were able to get two tickets when I contact Adrenaline about the issue.

The person on the phone who I believe is the captain wasn't very pleasant on the phone. Basically not his problem and hung up abruptly. Upon this I looked up reviews for both and the productreview site has shocking reviews for Adrenaline.

I now have no christmas to give. If I do cancel or change they will change me $30 each. I don't think either company is interested one they have your money. The experience looked amazing and the site had good reviews. I saw the company facebook photographs. I was going to book myself and several friends to go as well as my mother and her partner. I don't really feel like it now.

Really upset and disappointed and no gift to give now on xmas day.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank review25122013
Perth, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Very average experience”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I will first advise I had an Our Deals (or similar) voucher and am thankful, if I had paid full price I would have been very disappointed.

Positives - boat lovely, lovely weather, friendly staff, nice evening, cruise route out to sea and then up into the harbour fantastic

Negatives - advertising champagne and nibbles (having just been on a tall ships cruise in Sydney Harbour which cost 1/4 of this one and we received finger food such us satay sticks, chicken bits, sushi, quiche, samosas, spring rolls, lovely dips etc the entire length of the cruise) the nibbles consisted of a bowl of potato chips and a bowl with 2 dips and some crudites (they were nice).
No commentating on what we were sailing past
Expensive

Visited November 2013
2 Thank DongaraOztraveller
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“MIsleading Advertising - What you pay for is not what you get!!!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

What you pay for is not what you get! Misleading advertsing and still waiting on a refund. Would not recommend booking with these guys!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank franky121
Dungloe, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kimberley Cruise”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I did the 10 day Kimberley cruise and as much as I loved the Kimberley's before I was head over heels in love with it after I did this trip. I got the trip for a good price but as I was a backpacker at the time I was a bit unsure about spending that kind of money on a 10 day trip. It was one of the best decisions I ever made and please don't hesitate when booking this cruise just do it! I will admit that I was very sea sick for the first day and uneasy the second day. I didn't let that stop me from taking part in anything and quickly got over it with Jamie's beautiful food. The boat consisted of 2 double rooms and a room with 4 bunk beds, one of the doubles was a ensuite with great space the others not so much space but that's to be expected on a sailing boat so it was fine. The Kimberley's is full of small islands that have such a life about them, they all have their own story. I slept on deck each night because when I was so close to nature I thought there was no better place to sleep than under the stars, I loved my nights sleeping on that boat. Even to experience the sun and moon rises each day is priceless, we happened to be there around the time of the stairway to heaven and I got some amazing photos. Each day was filled with sightseeing as well as time to relax, you were never bored or hungry. Each place you visited was more beautiful than the last. This trip holds great memories for me and I do highly recommend it to anyone considering going on a kimberley cruise.

Visited October 2012