Seasons of Perth
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsrooms are largean older hoteltea coffeeexcellent locationbudget hoteldouble bedbit datedwould stay againcbdensuiteconveniencecafesnorthbridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have just started travelling to Perth for business and will be in Perth every month and I have started to stay in different hotels to see which I feel most comfortable.
This was comparable price to the Rydes which I had stayed in last month but I was very disappointed in comparison to the quality.
I arrived very late and checked-in after midnight, staff on desk were friendly. But when I got to room I was disappointed I stayed in a ground floor room (no.2) the room was tired looking and cold. I discovered that the window would not close properly and could not be locked. The air/heat did not work on low and if you turned up it was very noisy.
While the bed was large, it was very hard.
In the room there was a very large work desk but unfortunately there were no power point nearby to plug in laptops- etc, you had to drap a power cord over the couch and do high wire act so that you could use the laptop on the desk.
While all the staff did seem friendly and helpful I think the hotel is seriously let down by the age which needs a good renovation.
I think it is charging $30-$50 too much for the quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: For the price there are better hotels.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SometimesSkiing
sopopsmgr, Manager at Seasons of Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear SometimesSkiing
Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback and we are sorry to learn that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. We will ensure to have our Maintenance Manager address the issues raised in regards to access to electrical sockets and air-conditioning in this particular room. It is imperative for us to understand our guests needs as it enables us an opportunity to work on improving the overall quality of our product and services provided. We hope that you may reconsider to stay with us again in the future and should you wish to make contact with me directly please do so at celeste@sahg.com.au.
With kind regards
Celeste

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Check-in was smoothl with a friendly staff-member. I had a room on the 9th floor. As soon as I entered the room I noticed a high compressor-like noise from the floor above. It was really load and irritable, so I called reception and asked for a room-change. Moved to a room on 5th floor, but to my suprise, the sound was still noticable there. I was tired after travelling for 30hrs, so I went to bed. Was woken up in the middle of the night by an even higher noise from the back alley, where some huge compressor was started and stopped every 5 minutes. Sleep quality was extremely poor. I was in a hurry the next morning and wanted to check out before eating my breakfast. According to the genteman in the reception, I had to finish my breakfast before beeing able to check out. I asked if he could just add the breakfast to my bill before I checked out, but this was apperantly a big problem for him. I was very dissapointed with this hotel, and must be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at, sleep quality concerned. Please look for other alternatives if you value good sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid higher floors. AC compressor is a sleep-killer.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank John Erik L
sopopsmgr, Manager at Seasons of Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear JohnBono,
We are sorry to learn of your experience and inability to gain a restful sleep whilst staying at our property, we would be more than happy to follow this matter up with you directly if you would like to make contact with me via email at celeste@sahg.com.au?
C. Franklin

Reviewed May 2, 2013

A well-located hotel in the centre of Perth, close to the Hay Street Mall, and the Concert Hall. It is not glamorous (probably somewhat dated), and we only stayed one night. However, we found the room spacious and clean, and the facilities were more than adequate for our needs. Limited 'in house' parking is available. We went elsewhere for breakfast. I’m not sure how it would compare to others in the vicinity if you paid the full rate, but at a significant discount online, and for a simple sleep, it was a bargain. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank myrgatroyd
sopopsmgr, Manager at Seasons of Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Robert A,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting your review, we are happy to learn that you found our property to offer you "comfort and convenience" at affordable pricing for Perth CBD. We would be most pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you back again on your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

It`s the first time I write a review,but the conditions were so frustrating that I must share my terrible experience lived in this hotel.The disappointment began as I entered the hotel very tired after a 20 hrs flight.I said hello to the clerk (NO answer) and she said that they were very busy so I had to wait,even though I was alone in the lobby.So she disappeared. OK...after a 10 minute wait,I apologized and said if I could have a room,because I was left standing in the lobby with no explanation. She seemed annoyed and finally she gave me the room,warning me that I had to pay 50$ a day as a guarantee.Daily,I said hello to the staff and NO ONE answered me,I couldn`t find any explanation.2 days after arriving,I asked if they had WiFi and they said the hotel provided 30 minutes of free internet...I suggest giving to the guests a little brochure with all the facilities.At leaving,I asked the clerk if they could give me a call at 4 am and call me a cab in the morning.Of course the call didn`t arrive and I left with a bitter taste after this bad experience.Needless to say that the deposit they asked for was finally returned after 3 weeks,after my travel agent called 2 times(even though they said they`ll return it after 1 week max).In the end I would suggest to the manager to teach the rude reception staff some manners to treat customers with respect because the overall impression that the hotel gives is very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Corneliu C

Dear Corneliu C.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the substandard level of service you received upon arrival and departure from our hotel, we will be conducting a thorough investigation into these matters and we will take the necessary course of action required to ensure that our valued guests are not left with such a negative experience and impression as it appears you unfortunately encountered.
The normal procedure within Australia is that the preauthorised funds to cover any incidental charges are released within 3 to 5 business days, unfortunately this does not seem to be the case with overseas banks and we will in future take measures to advise international guests accordingly. I do understand that we received 2 emails from your Travel Agent and that they were responded to accordingly by our Duty Managers.
We do provide a guest compendium inside every room which has information regarding the services and facilities on offer at the hotel, where you can find information such as the free use of the lobby kiosks for internet access.
Whilst we are very disappointed to learn of your overall experience we can ensure you that this is not a true reflection of the normal standard of service provided by our hotel and staff nor that of what we wish to reflect across our industry and nation.
Should you wish to make further contact with me on a direct basis my email is celeste@sahg.com.au?
With sincere apologies,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here for a night when joining the ship I work on. Check in was quick and easy.
Room was great but the only issue was that the sink was outside the shower area which I found odd.
Ate in the bar at night and it was fine. Away too early in the morning for breakfast.
A good central hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank BobS_67
sopopsmgr, Manager at Seasons of Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear BobS_67,
Thank you so much for writing your review, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to again welcome you back on your next visit to Perth.