“Perfect for business traveller”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mantra on Hay

Mantra on Hay
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect for business traveller”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

As with all the Mantra suites I have stayed in, the rooms were clean, spacious and well presented. Good quality toiletries provided (I love the lemongrass soaps). Well equipped kitchen, so great for extended stays. Location suited me well because I like a decent walk but it is about 15 minutes brisk walk to the Mall. Check in was adequate. The reception staff were not particularly helpful and did not explain the property facilities.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Gillian E, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dear Kim R

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Mantra On Hay, I'm delighted to hear you find our suites clean, spacious and well equipped. it is great to hear you have stayed in other Mantra suites and find them all of a good standard.
I'm sorry to hear of the service you received on your arrival, this is something I will be raising with our Front Office Manager and team, to ensure a high standard of service is provided to all our valued guests.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Whether single with friends or a family this is a great location in Perth to stay. I had an apartment as I was visiting family and it made it possible for them to come into the city and stay with me. Besides that you can walk everywhere, if you like walking, in this beautiful clean city. The river is close by which is a great location to walk along and will take you to the bell tower and ferries to South Perth. Or you can stroll into the city and along the way see lots of little restaurants where you can stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner or just a coffee.

The apartments are very well spaced and extremely clean with a fully functional kitchen and small laundry. Great if you are staying for awhile and don't always want to go out for meals. There is a 24/7 supermarket around the corner on St George's Terrace (turn left outside and then left again at Bennett St) and an IGA further along Hay street (again turning left outside the hotel) towards the city. In the city itself are two Woolworth supermarkets if you really want to stock up big. Across the road and also if you turn left down Hay once you are outside the hotel are a couple of great little cafes which serve delicious coffee. The restaurant in the hotel seems ok but if you are adventurous go out and enjoy the many places to eat and drink nearby.

Tip for those who don't feel like walking there is a red cat bus (free) which takes you into the city. When you are on Hay street turn left and cross Bennett street and you will find the bus stop for the red cat bus.

Room Tip: If you are just after a hotel room make sure that they do not put you on the ground floor. Ask for...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cea L

Thank you for writing such a detailed and positive review on your recent stay with us here at Mantra On Hay, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and were able to have family visit in our spacious apartments.
It's fantastic to read your experience of our great city and how our location assisted in the ease of getting around.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra On Hay and Perth in the near future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Well located hotel in the city close to restaurants, shopping and on the CAT bus route. The room was clean, although nothing special and the staff on site were friendly. Would stay again due to the good central location.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gillian E, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Trevor9000

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at Mantra On Hay, I am delighted to hear you found our location handy to all the fantastic local restaurants and on the free CAT route through the city.
I'm pleased to read your room was clean and our staff friendly, I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our teams.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Go elsewhere! Not sure if it's just Perth but customer service at the mantra Perth is non existent.
Girls on reception just rude- no explanation on services and couldn't really care.
Got kicked out if the bar at 9pm but all I was after was a cold beer after a long flight. No snacks at bar, that was just too hard as well.
No wifi either.
Over priced and over rated !!
Room was ok.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank NeverBloodyHome
Gillian E, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear NeverBloodyHome

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay here at Mantra On Hay, and I am truly disappointed you did not enjoy your time with us.
I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss in further detail your experience so I can address team members both on the front desk and in our restaurant regarding this.

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully have the chance to welcome you back to Mantra On Hay to provide you with the service all our valued guests should receive.

Laverton, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed here for a week whilst visiting family in Perth. The room was nice. The gym was really good. The open shower was an issue due to water getting everywhere and not really draining properly. Our bed was not made up correctly as the sheet finished 60 cms before the end of the bed and our feet were on mattress protector. despite letting reception know about it housekeeping did not correct the problem until we rang again to have it corrected. Also had to use street parking one night as the secure parking was full despite us paying $25 a day for parking.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
"Dear Chelsea H
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us here at Mantra On Hay in July, I'm sorry to hear of your experience with the shower and sheeting issues. I assure you this will be passed on to our housekeeping team to ensure it does not happen in the future.
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and were able to take advantage of our rooftop gym facilities.
It's unfortunate that you were unable to park your car for one night due to availability and I hope our team assisted by advising the closest parking areas or other options.
Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra On Hay in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Some what disappointing. Although the guest book advise all rooms are serviced daily and every third day a full service is undertaken.....two days without the basic service is unacceptable.

On the occasions I went to breakfast at the hotel, they were often cold.

Location is good. I did not use the Wi-Fi due to the cost and easy availability of free Wi-Fi at other venues close by.

Room is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Kevin R
Gillian E, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Kevin R

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us here at Mantra On Hay, it's regrettable to hear you did not enjoy some aspects of your stay.
I'm sorry to hear your room was not serviced for two days as it is our policy to service daily. Please be assured I will be investigating this with our Housekeeping Department.
I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss your concerns.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mantra On Hay for any future visits.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Welcome to perths accomodation where everything is what i call "miners priced", staff are generally well behaved and well mannerd and beds and all that important stuff are generally sleepable if thats even a word. Pros of mantra on hay-
We stayed in a bdrm apartment room on the ground floor it was pleasant.
-kitchen clean and well kept
-bedding was well kept and comfy
Appliances handy
-staff presentable and welcoming alsp helpful

Cons-
-small tv but really? Is that even a con this is perth not dubai.
-couches uncomfortable.. And again is that even a real con considering my couch at home isnt too comfy either.
-parking we justt only just got a parking underneath

All in all id reccomend a stay here wether for a long haul or a short day stay. Mantra on hay is value for its buck. "This is perth" people! Its never been fancy in the accom department.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kaos03
Gillian E, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Kaos03
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us here at Mantra On Hay, I'm delighted to hear you would recommend us for a long haul or short stay.
Our recently refurbished apartments are spacious and well equipped for all your needs and it's great to hear you found the apartment clean and comfy.
We will continue to ensure our apartments meet and exceed our guest expectations and thank you again for your feedback.