Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$118
$115
  • Restaurant
Parmelia Hilton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$83
$77
  • Restaurant
Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$101
$98
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$102
Mercure Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
Duxton Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$184
$125
  • Pool
Pensione Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$74
$65
Trip.com
  • Room Service
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$122
$98
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$111
$103
  • Restaurant
Miss Maud Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$86
$83
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

1,539 results
All reviewstwo bedroom apartmentfree red cat buseast perthfull kitchensecure parkingperth mintwashing machine and dryercity centreacross the roadfree busesbuffet breakfastpublic transportswan riverwacaroomysupermarketlaundry
Reviewed October 26, 2013

As title suggests I was very dissapointed on a recent stay at the Mantra on Hay. I'll start with the positives -

-Helpful staff. Very patient when we had issue with blocked card and luggage.
-Good location. East Perth with cafes & shops on door step. Free city CAT bus 30 secs walk.
- Had dessert with room service which was delicious.

Negatives

We booked a 2bed 2bath at average $330pn. Perth is an expensive city. This aparthotel claims to be 4 and a half stars. I cannot fathom where that came from. The apartment we received was dark, dingy and very motel like. More like 3 stars max.

Old wood everywhere, horrid lighting, very old style kitchen with cooker top that was unwipeable the old sort. Bedrooms felt grim and depressing and bathrooms need updating.

When we used the washer or dryer they gave the worst sounds and walls in apartment are very thin. The living room is slightly better.

We ordered an on demand movie for $15 and the screen was blurry.

Also within 2 hours of our check in someone walked into apartment and said he was here to remove mini bar. Mini bar being 2 bottles of water, some crisps and a coke on a tray on the counter. I found it strange that although we had paid a bond they felt the need to take it.

Overall I would not stay here again. It is in dire need of an upgrade as the room standard is low. The lobby is lovely but don't be fooled. The lifts don't require a swipe which for safety is a bad thing but as I was travelling with my partner who has difficulty using them due to disability it was a blessing.

Room Tip: Unless everywhere else is fully booked and you like motel style apartments I would say just avoid.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna B
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hi Anna B

Thank you for providing feedback of your stay with us here at Mantra on Hay.

It pleases me to hear that there were some positives during your stay. With regards to the apartments we are due to start our refurbishment process this month which will enhance the shortfalls you have mentioned.

I have spoken to the Executive Housekeeper regarding the mis-communication regarding your minibar and we apologise for the inconveniences caused.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

They imply the rooms are all newly refurbished. But they look dated through the kitchen and the bedroom. 2 days after we reported all 3 lightbulbs in the bedroom had blown no one had changed them. We swapped them with other lamps we weren't using. When I requested a cab to the airport the only Australian receptionist I had seen there was rude and patronising that I didn't know what terminal I needed. Does it matter? I'm assuming she felt better about herself for making a hotel guest look stupid unfortunately for her it just made her look pathetic to her colleagues and the other guests in the reception. The non Australian receptionists were all lovely and polite and very helpful when I ha previously asked questions of reception.

The aircon is so noisy it would keep you awake if you needed it on when the weather warms up. The walls are too thin. You can hear people in other rooms.

But, the apartments are spacious. And if you're a heavy sleeper and are in town for several days it is nice to have the separate spaces and rooms for eating sleeping and watching tv. Instead of spending your evenings sitting on a bed eating dinner off your lap in the local alternatives.

• Stayed: October 2013
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Hi nicm_80

Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide feedback of your stay.

My apologies regarding the shortcomings you mentioned relating to maintenance and the lack of professionalism displayed at the frontdesk, I will be sure to take this up with the respective managers of each department.

As mentioned in previous posts we are starting a full refurb as of the 18th Dec which will enhance the overall presentation of the property.

Again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is yet another example of a way over priced under serviced Mantra. First of all they gave me the keycard to a room that was already occupied. That makes you wonder about how they might just give a keycard to your room to someone else. So much for security. No apologies just complimentary continental breakfast. Gee thanks cardboard cornflakes and stale croissant. The car park has to be the smallest and most dangerous to enter underground parking in Perth. They have the cheek to charge $25 a night for this. Then we came back one night at 10 to find the car park full and the suggestion was to "drive around until you find somewhere to park on the street". The apartment room has furniture from some 1970's American sitcom. The shower you can just about fit into if your an Irish leprechaun and the view is straight across to a brick wall. To sum up its greatly overpriced, run down, has poor service and needs to be demolished and replaced with something a little better (like a Holiday Inn and that's saying something!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mike T
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Hi MikeT

Thank you for your feedback.

I can empathise with you regarding the car parking facilities and the inconveniences of it being full as we do have limited bays for 153 apartments.

Being issued a key for an occupied room is certainly unacceptable of which I will follow up with the Front Office Manager and for this I do apologise, as would the receptionist when offering you complimentary breakfast.

We are due for a refurbishment mid Dec 2013 which will enhance the overall product.

MikeT I sincereley apologise for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Room was of poor quality, dirty (the room was not cleaned after the first night), walls were marked and the ceiling was peeling...would I stay there again, no-way, would I recommend others to stay there, not a chance. Over priced and very much in need of an upgrade.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank qasl1582

Hi gasl1582

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported from housekeeping and our Executive Housekeeper will certainly address this with her staff.

This is not up to our usual standard and I apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My friend and I wanted a night out in the city and decided on the Mantra on Hay as I have stayed in Mantra hotels before and have had good experiences

Pro’s
We stayed in a 2 bed 1 bathroom apartment, it was spacious and very clean it has everything you need for 1 night or a week’s stay
The staff are great; the reception girls were obliging and helpful, thanks Jackie for the champagne flutes! The lass in the bar is so friendly, when I asked for more bread for the yummy shared tapas plate she happily obliged

Con’s –
The bathroom is small the shower recess is tiny! The whole bathroom could do with a makeover, silicon full of what looked like mould behind the sink.
The is not a ramp to roll a suitcase into the entrance (if there is I didn’t see it) so if you had a heavy suitcase you would need to lug it up 4 stair
A radio or a docking station would be great in the lounge

Overall a good night and we would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sunny_Girl72
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hi Sunny_Girl72

Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass on to the team members involved. We have a refurbishment planned to commence on the 18th Dec 2013 which will enhance the rooms significantly.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.