As title suggests I was very dissapointed on a recent stay at the Mantra on Hay. I'll start with the positives -
-Helpful staff. Very patient when we had issue with blocked card and luggage.
-Good location. East Perth with cafes & shops on door step. Free city CAT bus 30 secs walk.
- Had dessert with room service which was delicious.
We booked a 2bed 2bath at average $330pn. Perth is an expensive city. This aparthotel claims to be 4 and a half stars. I cannot fathom where that came from. The apartment we received was dark, dingy and very motel like. More like 3 stars max.
Old wood everywhere, horrid lighting, very old style kitchen with cooker top that was unwipeable the old sort. Bedrooms felt grim and depressing and bathrooms need updating.
When we used the washer or dryer they gave the worst sounds and walls in apartment are very thin. The living room is slightly better.
We ordered an on demand movie for $15 and the screen was blurry.
Also within 2 hours of our check in someone walked into apartment and said he was here to remove mini bar. Mini bar being 2 bottles of water, some crisps and a coke on a tray on the counter. I found it strange that although we had paid a bond they felt the need to take it.
Overall I would not stay here again. It is in dire need of an upgrade as the room standard is low. The lobby is lovely but don't be fooled. The lifts don't require a swipe which for safety is a bad thing but as I was travelling with my partner who has difficulty using them due to disability it was a blessing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located on the eastern side of Perth's CBD, perfect for business and leisure travellers alike. Located on the eastern side of Perth's CBD, Mantra on Hay Perth is close to several of the city's major local attractions. Mantra on Hay Perth offers guests Hotel Rooms and 1 & 2 bedroom apartments all stylish and well-appointed with some featuring private balconies. Apartments have fully-equipped kitchens, bathroom and laundry facilities, lounge and dining areas. Guests will enjoy the on-site leisure facilities including a rooftop swimming pool and gym equipment. Cornerstone Bar & Kitchen is conveniently located onsite and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. If multicultural cuisine and vibrant bar and nightlife are on your wish list, you will also find Perth's burgeoning dining precinct a short stroll away. Mantra on Hay Perth is an ideal base for business and leisure travellers visiting the lively city of Perth. Haig Park, the WACA cricket ground, Gloucester Park, Burswood Casino, the sparkling Swan River and lush Queens Gardens are all within easy reach as are Wellington Square and a host of boutique stores for premier shopping. Ideally located near Perth's CBD and tourist attractions, Mantra on Hay Perth is the perfect place to spend a relaxing break away or convenient base for business. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Hay Perth
- Mantra On Hay Hotel Perth