1,575 results
All reviewstwo bedroom apartmentfree red cat buseast perthsecure parkingperth mintwashing machinecity centreacross the roadfree busesbuffet breakfastswan riverwacaroomylaundrysupermarketdryeraustralia
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is yet another example of a way over priced under serviced Mantra. First of all they gave me the keycard to a room that was already occupied. That makes you wonder about how they might just give a keycard to your room to someone else. So much for security. No apologies just complimentary continental breakfast. Gee thanks cardboard cornflakes and stale croissant. The car park has to be the smallest and most dangerous to enter underground parking in Perth. They have the cheek to charge $25 a night for this. Then we came back one night at 10 to find the car park full and the suggestion was to "drive around until you find somewhere to park on the street". The apartment room has furniture from some 1970's American sitcom. The shower you can just about fit into if your an Irish leprechaun and the view is straight across to a brick wall. To sum up its greatly overpriced, run down, has poor service and needs to be demolished and replaced with something a little better (like a Holiday Inn and that's saying something!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mike T
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Hi MikeT

Thank you for your feedback.

I can empathise with you regarding the car parking facilities and the inconveniences of it being full as we do have limited bays for 153 apartments.

Being issued a key for an occupied room is certainly unacceptable of which I will follow up with the Front Office Manager and for this I do apologise, as would the receptionist when offering you complimentary breakfast.

We are due for a refurbishment mid Dec 2013 which will enhance the overall product.

MikeT I sincereley apologise for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Room was of poor quality, dirty (the room was not cleaned after the first night), walls were marked and the ceiling was peeling...would I stay there again, no-way, would I recommend others to stay there, not a chance. Over priced and very much in need of an upgrade.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank qasl1582

Hi gasl1582

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I regret the shortcomings in service you have reported from housekeeping and our Executive Housekeeper will certainly address this with her staff.

This is not up to our usual standard and I apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My friend and I wanted a night out in the city and decided on the Mantra on Hay as I have stayed in Mantra hotels before and have had good experiences

Pro’s
We stayed in a 2 bed 1 bathroom apartment, it was spacious and very clean it has everything you need for 1 night or a week’s stay
The staff are great; the reception girls were obliging and helpful, thanks Jackie for the champagne flutes! The lass in the bar is so friendly, when I asked for more bread for the yummy shared tapas plate she happily obliged

Con’s –
The bathroom is small the shower recess is tiny! The whole bathroom could do with a makeover, silicon full of what looked like mould behind the sink.
The is not a ramp to roll a suitcase into the entrance (if there is I didn’t see it) so if you had a heavy suitcase you would need to lug it up 4 stair
A radio or a docking station would be great in the lounge

Overall a good night and we would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sunny_Girl72
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hi Sunny_Girl72

Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass on to the team members involved. We have a refurbishment planned to commence on the 18th Dec 2013 which will enhance the rooms significantly.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The two bedroom apartment could not have been better. Had absolutely everything we needed. Housekeeping was exceptional and they even put the dishwasher on whilst we were out and about. The location of the gym and the pool appealed greatly to my teenage companion who made full use off the facilities each morning. The room was really spacious and well equipped. The bed linen was clean and of good quality and the beds were very comfortable. The staff at reception were so welcoming and friendly and unlike other serviced apartments there were no over the top rules and regulations.
The location was fine for getting around town as we love to walk. My only negative comment would be the noise from the night club across the street that went on to the early hours. All in all I would have no hesitation booking this accommodation again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SimonRuri201, Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Hi FionaE

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family stayed in a 2 bed apartment while passing through Perth to go to Sydney. We had been booked in to the wrong room but staff quickly rectified that and found us one that more suited our needs as I had requested when booking. The room was clean, tidy, had en suite bathrooms, kitchen and a little balcony so you could sit outside. The hotel was a bit of a walk from central Perth and it did seem that the restaurants locally closed early, however we ventured down the road and did find one about 10 minutes away. There is a free bus that runs you in to town so you could always hop on that to save your legs. Breakfast was a reasonable price, unlimited choice, and actually very good.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hi DavisG

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We are very happy we were able to assist in providing you with a memorable holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.