Pan Pacific Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$157
$150
  • Restaurant
Parmelia Hilton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$95
$89
  • Restaurant
Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$95
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Pool
Miss Maud Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$119
Duxton Hotel(Perth)(Great Value!)
$162
$125
  • Pool
Pensione Hotel Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$74
$65
  • Room Service
Four Points by Sheraton Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$108
$101
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
$117
$107
1,543 results
All reviewstwo bedroom apartmentfree red cat buseast perthfull kitchensecure parkingperth mintwashing machine and dryercity centreacross the roadfree busesbuffet breakfastpublic transportswan riverwacaroomysupermarketlaundry
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My company put my wife and I up here for nearly a month when we first arrived in Perth. Dark rooms, some expensive headphones going missing, very noisy (especially at weekends) and a key that didn't work (despite me complaining on at least 5 occasions) all contribute to a pretty shabby experience. The value for money is also poor. My advice - find a B&B out of town unless you're desperate and only staying one night.

The "gym" is pretty sparse (most of the machines were broken the month we were there) but the view from the roof top pool isn't bad.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the Bayswater car rental car park. Go for a room higher up and you may avoid some of the noise!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
SimonRuri201, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear MikeyG

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay although I apologise we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Our gym equipment is provided by a third party who are also responsible for replacement and maintenance of the equipment. I am disappointed to learn that certain equipment may have been out of service for any extended period of time. In light of your comments we have introduced procedures to ensure that the gym equipment is kept in good working order at all times and that any problems with the machines can be rectified immediately.

Once again my apologies for your less than ideal stay with us.

Mantra on Hay

Reviewed July 15, 2012

More like 3 star Hotel. Pool is small and noisy, as is the gym which sits right next to pool, not really a gym. Small tv in lounge only not in bedrooms. Must ask for bath which is under shower anyway, Too pricey and too far out of the city to walk with children, Parking is an extra $22 per night.

Room Tip: must ask for bath otherwise only shower.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
SimonRuri201, Front Office Manager at Mantra on Hay, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Hi GinettaP,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the hotel's facilities.

The swimming pool is approximately 15m in length which I'm afraid is the largest pool that can be accommodated in the rooftop are. It is correct that our fitness equipment is situated beside the pool and not in a separate gynasium, however, should guests require a more extensive range of fitness equipment during their stay, we are always happy to recommend health clubs close by that offer day membership.

Mantra on Hay offers a range of hotel rooms and apartments, some of which have a bath tub with overhead shower and some with a walk in shower only. Although we are unable to guarantee a room with a bath tub in advance, we certainly will do our best to accommodate requests where possible. We would advise guests to speak with our friendly reservations team who are always delighted to assist guests in choosing the most suitable style of room or apartment based on their individual requirements.

Again, I apologise for any disappointment you experienced during your stay and thank you for taking time to provide this feedback.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Was staying 4 nights, while on business, location is good, close to where I had to go.
Room was pretty small, with "view" on inner yard, it wasn't important, since I was mainly sleeping. Hotel does looks old, like it was mentioned in many reviews.
Sleeping - Mattresses were too soft, so I was waking up with whole body aching. It was cold in room too. As for hot water in the morning, it was a nightmare - I had to wait 5-10 minutes till water finally came...
Parking was Ok, but quite narrow and $22 per night seems a bit overpriced, well, like everything in WA... Internet - there is paid WiFi - VERY EXPENSIVE, but I used mobile tethering anyway, so it didn't matter.
Food - I had breakfasts and dinners in hotel. Food is tasty, portions are a bit small, but well I was able to keep my weight;) Service, however is slow, slow, slow. and if you ordering steak, order medium rare - otherwise you:ll get "well done".
About value - it's certainly not cheap, but that's WA to you... Hotel took "deposit" of $1600 the day I checked in - very bad and insulting practice, which actually was one of last straws. So I will look for different hotel next time I come to Perth! And I certainly will not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Madmik_Il

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am certainly disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent stay at the hotel.

I can assure you that the issues you have highlighted in regards to maintenance of the rooms have been addressed with the relevant department managers. Air conditioning / heating units are individually controlled and heaters are not turned on prior to arrival out of concern for the environment. Of course, if a particular unit is not working we are always happy to offer an alternative room or repair of the unit.

I am sorry that you felt insulted at being asked to guarantee the payment on arrival. It is the hotel’s policy to request prepayment or a credit card guarantee upon arrival when guests are paying directly. It is certainly not our intention for this to cause any offence to our guests.

Although critical, we are appreciative of all feedback so that we may continue to improve our standards and facilities and thank you for providing this feedback.

Mantra on Hay

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in a two bedroom apartment. The apartment was well furnished and the bed was very comfortable with a good range of pillows and good linen. The lighting was very poor - so bad in fact that I couldn't read a book, but was only able to read using my iPad (with its back lit screen). As a lone traveller I prefer to use room service for meals, but found the room service menu very limited partly because it is different to the restaurant menu and offers mostly snack food (or what I would class as junk food such as hamburgers, etc) and partly because I need to eat gluten free. To overcome this I went down to the restaurant each night and ordered a meal from the main menu and asked for it to be delivered to my room. This is not a problem, but the staff were quick to point out each time that 'it will cost you more'. Gluten free options on the restaurant menu are limited, but sufficient for a five night stay. However, the menu is confusing as it lists some items as gluten free which are clearly not (cous cous is made from wheat). The first night wait staff in the restaurant were not at all interested in helping me select a safe option and were quite rude. On subsequent nights, different staff were very helpful and understanding and explained that the GF items on the menu were really GFO (gluten free option) and discussions with the chef would ensure the meal met my needs.
The location is good and there is a small supermarket immediately across the road if you want to self cater. Overall this hotel is OK, but it wouldn't be my preferred hotel in Perth.

Room Tip: My apartment faced an internal courtyard and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Hi Travelbugsbitten

It disappoints me to learn that you encountered a number of issues during your stay, especially that a member of staff was "rude". I will follow this up with the respective manager.

Like you, other long stay guests have provided us with feedback regarding the dining options for room service to which we believe we have taken on board and produced a better option. We have just introduced a new menu that has a good variety, my personal favourite being the "chicken breast stuffed with semi-sundried tomato pesto on grilled corn polenta"

We hope to welcome you back to Manatra on Hay in the future.

Regards

Simon Ruri
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2012

While the staff seemed friendly there was noise in the surrounding streets because of the local nightclub until 2.30am. The room was today but the decore was old and was showing signs of being used.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Hi Rohner68

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

We are currently working through a maintenance schedule and refurbishments which will enhance the overall look of the apartments.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards