“hotel short stay”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel located near centre of Perth. rooms are small (european size) the room and bathroom very clean and presented well.
parking is exspensive, but secure. the staff were efficient, but did get mixed up when we paid for parking before leaving, couldnt understand that we had paid cash, for parking, they fixed problem without any fuss.
no where to store your bags in room.
tea and coffee making facilities in room.
the bed was soft but the mattress was well and truly worn out, made for an uncomfortable sleep.
recommend to stay if not going to stay in room and spend most time sight seeing.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear colinryan,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased on the most part you enjoyed your stay however am disappointed to hear that a number of aspects of your stay did not exceed your expectations.

All of our beds are fitted with Microcload Toppers which can make them feel soft however we can remove these if required to ensure our guests are as comfortable as possible. We replaced all of our beds in 2012 and regularly receive positive feedback on how comfortable they are and I would like to sincerely apologise that you did not find this to be the case.

Our Deluxe Corporate rooms are our second largest room and provide a large desk and a luggage rack to store bags. I would certainly recommend this room type for longer stays and if extra space is required.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly so we can ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a cute little hotel in a great central location, close to buses, malls, shops, jetty cafés, cultural precinct and the train station. It was quiet overnight during my mid-week stay but imagine it could get noisier on weekends. All the staff were friendly and professional. On checking in there was a problem with my booking caused by the agent I went through and the hotel staff let me sort it out with the agent next day with no pressure or hassle, so thank you! The double bed standard room was clean and comfy (comfy bed too) but could be a little cramped for a couple. When sharing on a nice holiday it might be worthwhile to ask about larger rooms and pay that bit extra. Also the hotel is right opposite miss Maud's Swedish hotel which is very cute and has smorgasbord and pastries. The bus to kings park is just down the road and trip thru cbd is free.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Sara L,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.

Our central location and friendly and professional team makes us the perfect choice when visiting Perth and I am thrilled you found this to be the case.

We have just commenced installing double glazed windows which will definitely limit outside noise but I am pleased you were not affected by this during your midweek stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Perth.

General Manager.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We booked hotel so we were close to the Rugby at NIB. We were pleasantly surprised for the price we paid. The room was small but very clean, modern and cosy and it was all we needed for a one night stay. Other rooms were available that were bigger but for a one night stay it was perfect. Restaurant meals next door were amazing and a pleasant environment. Lots do do around the area at very affordable prices. Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: If staying in a standard room it is too sleep only. Dont book standard room if for more than one nig...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa479

Dear Lisa,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel.

I am delighted that you found the hotel perfect for your stay and hope your rugby team managed to get a win.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We arrived at this hotel with not the highest expectations due to reading previous reviews - we were wary of the noise we might encounter as our stay was over a Friday & Saturday night. Having also read the previous reviews we discovered there was a $25 parking fee per night (which we were not advised on when booking). Having worked in 5 star hotels previously, failing to advise a guest of something they really should know is bad service and doesn't reflect well on the hotel. We were grateful to read this was the case on previous reviews and took it upon ourselves to book a space for our 3 night stay.
Check in was fine, the receptionist seemed a bit new and inexperienced so it took quite a while however she was pleasant enough. We had a room on the seventh floor which was the highest you could get, which we were happy about as the noise surely couldn't be too bad from the very top, and it was fine. We really only had a lot of noise on the Friday night which is not the hotel's fault.
Room was tiny but bed very comfortable and complimentary Foxtel a bonus. Very modern room and we are grateful to the manager for the lovely note, complimentary chocolates and complimentary bottle of bubbles (we were travelling on our honeymoon), although we could see the chockies were complimentary as the note was with them, but there was nothing near the bubbles. We checked with the receptionist later on and she confirmed it was complimentary. A lovely touch, so thank you.
Had issues getting into the car park daily, had to go to reception each day to have the card renewed, a real pain if you are staying for multiple nights as we did. Maybe something to look at for the future?
Our stay was pretty good up until check out. I have lots of experience with a busy check out so I understand sometimes it can get a bit stressful, but as a face of a hotel its your job to remain polite and helpful to every guest. Maybe the receptionist we had was having a bad day (I wish I had have written down her name), but she had a terrible attitude. A courtesy I had learnt in my training is to advise guests verbally of any surcharges on credit cards, even if it was written on any sign in cards (it was in this case, but was not verbally advised to us on check in either), so her attitude went from bad to worse when I queried why the amount she was charging was more than what was owing. She snapped at me with 'it was on your sign in card that this is how it works' and processed the payment. Quite grateful to leave after that to be honest, having my bill pushed into my hands without so much of a goodbye, travel safely, see you again was actually quite rude and made both my husband & I feel like she had ruined our stay. Again, let me please re-iterate that I completely understand the stressful check out times. I understand they are busy and sometimes stressful. But that is no excuse to treat your guests badly, and reflects badly on their stay. We unfortunately will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the seventh (top) floor to alleviate some of the noise from the bar on the ground...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pants87

Dear Pants87,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review.

I am pleased that a majority of your stay was enjoyable however am disappointed that he level of service you received at times was not the usual high level of service that our guests have come to enjoy.

I completely agree that any surcharge for credit card payments should be advised verbally and this should have occurred at the time of your reservation, during arrival and before processing your card on departure. Clearly these procedures were not followed on this occasion and I sincerely apologise for this.

Providing friendly, genuine and helpful service is such a vital part of what we do and this should be the case in all circumstances including when we are busy. It is certainly not acceptable that this was not the case during your departure and I apologise for your experience. I have addressed your feedback with my Front Office Manager and further training has been provided to ensure our high level of service is consistently maintained. We continually strive to improve our product and service and it is feedback such as yours that enables us to do this so thank you.

I am happy we were able to recognise your special occasion with sparkling wine and chocolates and are thrilled you appreciated this touch.

We would love the opportunity to accommodate you in the future so we can provide the high level of service that we have become known for so please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed three weeks for a business trip. The room was exceptionally small, and there is a lip that steps up in the bathroom. Even though there is a sign, "step up" at 3am, it's a stubbed toe. I stripped the bed to find the under bedding was less then desirable to say the least. I brought it to the hotel staffs attention, and it was immediately addressed, with brand new bedding. My complaint, although immediately resolved, it should have never happened. Coin laundry was frustrating as it would eat coins and not cycle. Food was good, but moderately overpriced. I would look for a better value when I come back.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Worldtravelisme
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Worldtravelisme,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am disappointed that we did not exceed you expectations during your stay as this is what we strive to do for every guest.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the cleanliness of the under bedding. This is not the usual high level of cleanliness that our guests enjoy. Although this was resolved immediately I completely agree that this should not have occurred in the first place. I have addressed this with the Housekeeping manager and further training has been provided to ensure this does not happen in the future.

We are restricted in what can be done in relation to the step into the bathroom which is why we have installed signage in the most prominent place to advise guests of this and I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

We would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future and I am sure one of our larger Corporate or Premium rooms would be more suitable, so please contact us directly so we can make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

The Pensione Hotel is a great place to stay in Perth whether the trip is for business or pleasure. Mine was business and the central location meant that for all bar one of the meetings over a three day period plus all evening and lunchtime entertaining, there was no need to take a taxi.
The hotel rooms are larger than normal on Perth standards and the staff are friendly and helpful. I come to Perth several times a year on business and have stayed at most of the branded hotels and this was a far better alternative.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David A

Dear David A,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel.

Our central location certainly does make us an ideal choice for the business and leisure traveller and I am thrilled you found the team friendly and helpful.

We provide a unique point of difference to the larger branded hotels and I am so pleased you appreciated this.

We can’t wait to welcome you back when you are next in Perth.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Recently I spent 6 nights at the Pensione Hotel on a business trip. My overall experience at the Pensione was fabulous. My room, although small, was lovely, bright and very comfortable. The bed was great. I felt I had everything I needed to be able work, rest and sleep comfortably. Importantly the staff were very warm and friendly. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and they were very helpful in resolving any issues I had. I loved that I could open a window and did not have to rely on air conditioning. Some nights there was noise from the street but that could have been overcome if I had closed my window. I loved that I could stay in a hotel and have fresh air. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Elana C
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Elena C,

Thank you so much for your review.

My team & I are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and provided warm and friendly service.

We certainly agree that having opening windows in hotel rooms is so important and the new double glazed windows that will commence being installed in June also have this feature.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Perth.