“Great Hotel & Excellent Staff”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed at the Pensione Hotel Perth for 5 nights. We were most impressed with the friendly & attentive service provide by all the hotel staff but especially by reception. Nothing was too much trouble. My wife was ill for a day & they went shopping to the supermarket for her. The bed was fantastic which meant we sleep well each night. We asked reception how to get to Freemantle to meet our cruise ship & they organised a transfer to Freemantle for us & 2 other couples in a maxi taxi. I recommend this hotel & when we stay in Perth again I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: It pays to upgrade to a corporate room if you have several pieces of luggage
2  Thank Bonnie & David H
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Bonnie & David H,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive feedback!

I am delighted to hear that you loved your 5 night stay with us in Perth and found our staff extremely attentive and friendly. We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and are thrilled you found this to be the case.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to the hotel.

Brett Taylor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

First time in Perth for three nights and picked a premium room in this excellent hotel.room was spacious comfortable and spotlessly clean.staff friendly and efficient and the hotel is ideally located for walking to shops restaurants and the river.

Room Tip: Premium room is well worth the extra
2  Thank Michael W

Dear Michael W,

Thanks for your positive review!

I am thrilled that we got to be a part of your first trip to Perth and you also found the Premium rooms to be excellent and great value. I have passed on your kind words to the team regarding how friendly and efficient you found them and they loved receiving your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here only one short night to get to Rottnest Island the next day but the hotel was very stylish, comfortable and well located. You can tell it's just undergone a renovation, everything is still pristine. Soft new bed and carpets, big flat screen TV. Bathroom is and toiletries were lovely. There is also tea and coffee and ironing equipment. Staff were fast and friendly checking in and out. We had a nice view of the main street below.

It is a 5 minute walk to the Rottnest Express Ferry Terminal on Barrack St. Short walk to the City Centre as well.

1  Thank wallabyandwhirlwind

Dear wallabyandwhirlwind,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel!

I hope you enjoyed the trip to Rottnest Island as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. Time certainly does fly and it is hard to believe the refurbishment was completed almost 18 months ago! We are extremely committed to ensure the rooms are maintained to a high standard at all times and are thrilled you found this to be the case.

I have passed on your kind words to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you return to Perth.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at Pensione on business and I have to say, the staff were the friendliest, most helpful staff of a hotel I've ever experienced! The hotel is newly renovated and has a cute boutique feel about it. The location was perfect for training on Hay Street and is just a short walk to the mall, museum and arena. I would definitely book here again next time I visit Perth!

Room Tip: I stayed in a standard room and it was great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa F

Dear Lisa F,

Thank you so much for such a positive review!

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our refurbished hotel.

Your kind comments have been passed on to the team. It is great to receive such great feedback as we always try to provide the best service to our guests. Thank you for that!

We can’t wait to welcome you back to the hotel!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed four nights in the hotel and can recommend this it. They provide free Wifi. If I return, I will book it again.

I did not have breakfast so I cannot judge the quality of it. But I went to its bar and cannot recommend it: the staff is unfriendly, a bit confused when more than a couple of orders appear, and the food was not quite good from my point of view.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank G S
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Un K,

Thanks for your review.

I am very pleased you found the hotel staff friendly and our location central. We always have some great deals including free Wifi which we find is so important these days for you to easily stay connected.

My Place Restaurant and Bar is run independently from the hotel however I will certainly pass your feedback onto the owner and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Perth.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business and found this to be a affordable and very comfortable hotel. Staff were friendly and located in a good area of Perth city. Close to a variety of restaurants , shopping and pubs. The rooms are clean and reasonable in size , limited car parking and very expensive daily fee but this was the only down side of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank shane a

Dear shane a,

Thank you so much for your review!

I am thrilled that you loved our location, our friendly service and found our rooms to be affordable and comfortable for your needs.

The hotel does have limited undercover secure parking onsite for $25 per night which we recommend to book in advance to ensure a spot is reserved. There are a number of additional options available close by including on street parking which is free after 6pm – 8am or numerous public car parks which cost a minimum of $30 overnight. All of these options should have been provided to you and I apologise if this was not the case.

We hope to have an opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've given the hotel 4 stars but its more 3.5. There is fresh paint on the walls, the bathroom has been upgraded and the shower doesn't leak water on the floor like so many other hotels in this price range. The downs are thin walls (thankfully no wild parties on when I was there). You can hear the traffic noises. More good points; its on the edge of the CBD, good coffee place up the road, pub located downstairs to the hotel, lots of Korean restaurants in the area. Doesn't have the $300+ price tag as the CBD hotels have. I'd stay there again but as the room is small and basic I might check out a larger room. Front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michael E,

Thank you for your feedback!

I am delighted that you found our hotel great value and enjoyed our central location. We have a number of great restaurants and cafes in the area and I am glad you got to enjoy them as much as we do. I have also passed on your kind words to the team.

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel!