“Great location”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Having stayed previously at this hotel (formerly Aarons) we have no hesitation at booking our next stay in Perth at Pensione. Our room was great, lots of room, quiet, great bed and nice big modern tv. Our bathroom was roomy and would recommend it to anyone who asks 'where to stay in Perth'.

Room Tip: My only comment would be to have a rail in the bathroom to hang towels/clothes etc.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank June M
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear JuneM,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It really was a pleasure to have you here and I am so happy that you continue to enjoy staying with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Pensione Hotel Perth

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is the first time I've stayed at this hotel in W.A. and I've stayed in several for work. I was quite surprised at how nice it was as I hadn't a high expectation based on price. The bed was extremely comfortable and the staff excellent. When I requested a copy of my bill via email it was sent within seconds. Also close to a great coffee place for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Diane S,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and are thrilled you found this to be the case not only based on the great value we offer but also our comfortable beds and excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was in Perth for one night and the Pensione was perfect. Walking distance to everything I needed (shops, bus/train). The room was very clean and tidy, very simple modern fit out. Small room but wasn't a concern as I wasn't spending much time in the room. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's not a hotel with all of the extras but perfect for the one night stay.

Room Tip: Higher floor should have less street noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear stephsydney,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased you found our hotel perfect for you needs.

Should you be returning to Perth in the future we would love welcome you back and please
keep in mind our larger Deluxe Corporate or Premium rooms which are perfect for longer stays.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Location, cleanliness, service and room size were all perfect. Only problem was that our room had a continual and strong smell of cooking oil which ended up permeating my clothes. If it weren't for this smell (which I suspect is from their kitchen) I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Abigail36

Dear Abigail36,

Thanks you so much for your feedback.

I am delighted that you found our location, cleanliness, service and room size perfect however I would like to sincerely apologise for the cooking smell you experienced in your room. This issue is currently being investigated and is isolated to only 2 rooms which have now been placed out of order. Our friendly team at reception would have been more than happy to move you to another room if available and I apologise for any inconvenience this caused you during your stay.

We would love to accommodate you again in the future so please contact me directly so I can ensure your next stay is 100% perfect.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the Pensione on an overnight stay, as I had to leave early next morning. It was so good I stayed there again on my return. It was a very pleasing experience. The staff were ever so friendly, and genuinely caring. Since it has been renovated it has a modern flair, which is refreshing, since a lot of places are still dull and old. The restaurant meals were excellent, my serves were generous, and the presentation was superb.
Overall it is a place that displays presentation, presentation, presentation and friendly,caring service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Maree G,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel.

I am thrilled that your first stay was so good that you had to come back for some more of our genuine and friendly service and modern flair!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Perth.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked this hotel based on other reviews on tripadvisor. This hotel has many good and not so good points. But my overall experience means I will not be booking this hotel again. I'll share my experience and you decide for yourself based on what is important to you.
Pros: Great location - close to public transport, restaurants, all city highlights. The rooms are clean and modern. They are also very quiet (considering it is located next to a pub) and pillows are just right (not massively high/fluffy) . Staff are also friendly. And the price is good considering other prices in Perth CBD.
Cons: bed really needs to be rotated or replaced. I was literally clinging to the side so I didn't keep rolling into the dip. It was so uncomfortable and left me quite stiff and sore. The room we had was TINY - I am surprised not more people have mentioned this but I suspect there are bigger rooms if you pay a bit more. There is no space for your luggage so it is on the ground and blocks entrance to one side of the bed. There is about 1m of space around the bed. The TV also needs to be replaced as the speakers have been damaged. It was ok when the TV was quiet but whenever there was an 'action' scene or loud ads, the speakers cut out or became crackly. And lastly water poured out of the shower recess so that we had to mop it up and wring out a towel several times.
My suggestion is this place would be good for 1 night but not really any more. There are also a few things that could be replaced/repaired in room 610.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Muppet_82,

Thank you for providing such a comprehensive review.

I am pleased that you found our location, service, cleanliness and value to be great however I am disappointed you would not consider us for your future accommodation requirements.

If made aware of any concerns a guest may have during their stay we will always try and find a suitable solution. In this instance our Maintenance Manager could have rectified a majority of the items listed in your review and if not a room move could have been provided to you and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.

We would have welcomed the opportunity to show you our larger Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms which provide additional space and facilities as these would have been more suitable for your needs.

We would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future so please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure the most suitable room is reserved for you.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I was treated to this lovely hotel so I can't really comment on value for money but it is very central to all if Perth' s city attractions and the hotel is small and very welcoming. However I have never stayed in such a small room. So small in fact I could not open my rather large double opening suitcase without impeding my path to the bathroom. Perhaps they cater for people with no luggage but having said that I have never slept in such a luxurious, comfortable bed! I would recommend this hotel but perhaps think twice about which size suitcase you intend to bring.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Aussieinrome,

I am delighted that you found the hotel central and your bed luxurious and comfortable. Our standard rooms are indeed cosy and compact and are perfect for the solo traveller for 1 to 2 nights. We recommend our larger Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms for longer stays or corporate guests as these rooms feature more space, larger working areas and additional storage for luggage.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel directly.