“Great little hotel in heart of city”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Great little hotel in heart of city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was in Perth for one night and the Pensione was perfect. Walking distance to everything I needed (shops, bus/train). The room was very clean and tidy, very simple modern fit out. Small room but wasn't a concern as I wasn't spending much time in the room. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's not a hotel with all of the extras but perfect for the one night stay.

Room Tip: Higher floor should have less street noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear stephsydney,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased you found our hotel perfect for you needs.

Should you be returning to Perth in the future we would love welcome you back and please
keep in mind our larger Deluxe Corporate or Premium rooms which are perfect for longer stays.

Brett Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Location, cleanliness, service and room size were all perfect. Only problem was that our room had a continual and strong smell of cooking oil which ended up permeating my clothes. If it weren't for this smell (which I suspect is from their kitchen) I would stay here again.

1 Thank Abigail36
Dear Abigail36,

Thanks you so much for your feedback.

I am delighted that you found our location, cleanliness, service and room size perfect however I would like to sincerely apologise for the cooking smell you experienced in your room. This issue is currently being investigated and is isolated to only 2 rooms which have now been placed out of order. Our friendly team at reception would have been more than happy to move you to another room if available and I apologise for any inconvenience this caused you during your stay.

We would love to accommodate you again in the future so please contact me directly so I can ensure your next stay is 100% perfect.

Australind
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the Pensione on an overnight stay, as I had to leave early next morning. It was so good I stayed there again on my return. It was a very pleasing experience. The staff were ever so friendly, and genuinely caring. Since it has been renovated it has a modern flair, which is refreshing, since a lot of places are still dull and old. The restaurant meals were excellent, my serves were generous, and the presentation was superb.
Overall it is a place that displays presentation, presentation, presentation and friendly,caring service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Maree G,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel.

I am thrilled that your first stay was so good that you had to come back for some more of our genuine and friendly service and modern flair!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Perth.

Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked this hotel based on other reviews on tripadvisor. This hotel has many good and not so good points. But my overall experience means I will not be booking this hotel again. I'll share my experience and you decide for yourself based on what is important to you.
Pros: Great location - close to public transport, restaurants, all city highlights. The rooms are clean and modern. They are also very quiet (considering it is located next to a pub) and pillows are just right (not massively high/fluffy) . Staff are also friendly. And the price is good considering other prices in Perth CBD.
Cons: bed really needs to be rotated or replaced. I was literally clinging to the side so I didn't keep rolling into the dip. It was so uncomfortable and left me quite stiff and sore. The room we had was TINY - I am surprised not more people have mentioned this but I suspect there are bigger rooms if you pay a bit more. There is no space for your luggage so it is on the ground and blocks entrance to one side of the bed. There is about 1m of space around the bed. The TV also needs to be replaced as the speakers have been damaged. It was ok when the TV was quiet but whenever there was an 'action' scene or loud ads, the speakers cut out or became crackly. And lastly water poured out of the shower recess so that we had to mop it up and wring out a towel several times.
My suggestion is this place would be good for 1 night but not really any more. There are also a few things that could be replaced/repaired in room 610.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Muppet_82,

Thank you for providing such a comprehensive review.

I am pleased that you found our location, service, cleanliness and value to be great however I am disappointed you would not consider us for your future accommodation requirements.

If made aware of any concerns a guest may have during their stay we will always try and find a suitable solution. In this instance our Maintenance Manager could have rectified a majority of the items listed in your review and if not a room move could have been provided to you and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.

We would have welcomed the opportunity to show you our larger Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms which provide additional space and facilities as these would have been more suitable for your needs.

We would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future so please contact the hotel directly so we can ensure the most suitable room is reserved for you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I was treated to this lovely hotel so I can't really comment on value for money but it is very central to all if Perth' s city attractions and the hotel is small and very welcoming. However I have never stayed in such a small room. So small in fact I could not open my rather large double opening suitcase without impeding my path to the bathroom. Perhaps they cater for people with no luggage but having said that I have never slept in such a luxurious, comfortable bed! I would recommend this hotel but perhaps think twice about which size suitcase you intend to bring.

Dear Aussieinrome,

I am delighted that you found the hotel central and your bed luxurious and comfortable. Our standard rooms are indeed cosy and compact and are perfect for the solo traveller for 1 to 2 nights. We recommend our larger Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms for longer stays or corporate guests as these rooms feature more space, larger working areas and additional storage for luggage.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Benalla
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Service was friendly & very helpful in organising our tours throughout Perth. It was nice returning to our room that had been cleaned & bed made. Perfect location for our day tripping. The convenience of Rest/Bar was appreciated after a big day out. Food and service was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn B
Dear Carolyn B,

Thanks you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is fantastic that you found the location perfect for you to explore the city and that our friendly and helpful team were able to assist with booking some tours.

We would love to welcome you back when you next return to Perth.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

First time to Perth and couldn't have picked a better location. The restaurant next door closes at 9 and I was in my PJs and was still hungry. Called reception who gave me a few options but my response was I just feel like garlic bread. She said she'll call Pizza Hut and organise it and said I'm happy to pick it up at the lobby. Within 5-7 minutes she went outside, picked the garlic bread, paid for it, brought it up to my room and charged it to my room. Talk about service!

1 Thank Gyney
Dear Gyney,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased we were able to abate your hunger by organising a late night snack for you. We can certainly relate to relaxing in your PJ’s and not wanting to go anywhere!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.