“Amazing Customer Service”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The customer service was amazing. The rooms were small but very clean. The resturant had great food. It was very near my conference location. The conference room we used for a meeting was great. Linda (from the desk) was spectactular!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Sandra N,

Thank you for your fantastic review!

We are absolutely delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay and also loved the meeting room that was set up for you. The whole team, including Linda are very grateful for the great comments regarding our service. Thank you.

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Pensione Hotel Perth

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Lovely central hotel, close to the centre and the pier, well furnished, the rooms are cosy and clean and staff people friendly and helpfull, I arrived late in the night and the ladu at the reception offered me an excellent welcome and assistanct to all my queries. it's really a nice hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank vicky197055555
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear vicky197055555,

Thanks for your great review.

A friendly welcome is such a simple but vital part of what we do I am delighted that you received this on your late arrival.

We look forward to providing a friendly welcome once again when you next return to the hotel.

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We booked 12 rooms for staff and associates visiting Perth for a conference. The hotel looks like it's been recently renovated and has an updated, modern feel in that 'boutique' style that is trendy nowadays. The rooms vary, some are small, but they are crisp, clean and confortable. We were very impressed by the service. The staff went out of their way to help, checking us into flights, printing conference material for us, booking taxis, all with a smile. Breakfast is provided in a Swedish restaurant across the road, which seems to be a Perth institution. Quite nice, although kitsch in decor. All delegates were happy.

Room Tip: I had a smaller room with an enormous bathroom designed for disabled access. My colleagues had bigge...

Dear Gabriela C,

Thank you so much for such a positive review.

The team loved looking after your group and are thrilled to hear your feedback. It is always so motivating to know that we had such a positive impact on your stay with us.

We can’t wait to welcome you all back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Pensione in Perth is great Value if you are able to track down the good deals that are on offer at different times. Staff were friendly and competent. Room was small but adequate in every way and had a lovely fresh feel to it with quality bathroom fittings, a lovely comfy bed etc. The one negative was that the room was overheated and stuffy. Despite an individual climate control in the room (just for show??), the temperature was dictated on a centralised system and was way too stuffy for my liking. It detracted from the experience. Fortunately I was able to open the window and put up with the street noise.

3  Thank Bill I

Dear Bill l,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased that you managed to secure one of our regular great value deals and found our rooms to have a lovely fresh feel and comfy bed.

I would like to sincerely apologise however for the issue you experienced with the air conditioning during your stay. Guests are able to adjust the temperature in their room but only in the pre-set mode which is centrally controlled per floor. Our friendly team at reception should have offered to move you to another floor that was set to the mode that you required.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please contact the hotel directly so we can make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Small rooms but well designed, clean and comfortable. Staff were really helpful. Location was brilliant.

Price varies. I would definitely stay here again and hunt out a weekend deal.

Food was good, pricey but it's the same at every hotel in perth and given the location was so excellent, there were many eateries to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank pinkin_fluffy
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear pinkin_fluffy,

Thanks for such a wonderful review!

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and took advantage of our central location.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed in The Pensione for a few nights during Future Music Festival. Our booking was organised by my boyfriend's boss as he was in Perth to work at the festical and I flew out before him so it was just me there at check in. It was pretty awkward as they required the card that the room was booked with so there was a lot of calls back and forth to my boyfriend and his boss who then had to fax over his payment details. However, through this the staff on reception were really helpful after I explained I was on my own and didn't really know the booking details etc. They gave me the key to the room even before they received the payment details and just asked me to check back at reception after I had settled in.

We stayed in a deluxe double which was super comfy and clean and everything seems really up to date and renovated, including the bathrooms. They also provide good quality toiletries and large towels which was good for me as my boyfriend was still on the way with my bag via road.

Unfortunately, he then proceeded to break down at 11pm on the Nullabor Plain which meant I had to search for a tow truck company in the middle of nowhere. The staff allowed me to use the computer/internet free of charge and gave me advice on what to do which was much appreciated. During this time, I witnessed how noisy the bar on the ground floor is and just how awful some people's karaoke is. As we were staying on the 7th floor, this noise wasn't problematic in the room but I imagine on the first floor it was pretty dire.

I spent the next day exploring Perth by foot; the hotel is in a perfect location for this as you can head one way in to the cbd or the other way to the river, each taking 5-10 mins. The room also has a television with loads of channels which was good for me as I spent the evening alone as my boyfriend was still somewhere in the middle of Australia. Anyway, I'm glad that we were staying at The Pensione as on my own I felt very safe and the staff were extremely helpful. Verdict: Great hotel, Disaster trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Rachel D,

Thank you so much for such a comprehensive review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be really helpful and our location to be convenient and central.

I can’t imagine how stressful it must have been to have your boyfriend stuck in the middle of the Nullarbor Plain due to his car breaking down. I am pleased the team we were able to offer assistance with organising a tow truck.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again and hopefully you will have the opportunity to relax this time!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed at the Pensione quite a few times over the past few months travelling for work. The stand-out for this hotel are the wonderful staff. They always greet you with a genuine smile and are very professional, friendly and helpful. After a couple stays I'd get "Nice to see you again," with a greeting by name.

Some of the rooms are quite small, and while they do have a desk, it's quite a tight fit with a stool to sit on as opposed to a chair. It's not uncomfortable, and they're obviously trying to use what room they have efficiently. Just something to be aware of if you're travelling for business.

That being said, the beds seem new and are super comfortable. I always got a great night's sleep. The fit-out in the rooms is all well-done and modern.

There's a bar joining the lobby which always seems to have activity, and serves decent meals and also provides room service. Breakfast vouchers are available for a pretty nice breakfast buffet across the street at Miss Mauds.

Would definitely stay again, and would recommend the Pensione. You might think twice about the smaller rooms if you're claustrophobic, but a good value hotel with exceptional staff and super-comfortable beds.

Room Tip: They do offer larger rooms if you need a bit more space.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Josh K,

It’s always great receiving such positive feedback from our return guests and knowing they continue to choose Pensione Hotel Perth when travelling.

We have had so many comments about how comfortable our new beds are and are very pleased you had the chance to experience them yourself.

I have passed your kind words on to our whole team. It is fantastic feedback such as this that reinforces our desire to provide the best possible service to our guests. Thank you!

We look forward welcoming you back again!