“Great Value....if you are careful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pensione Hotel Perth

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Margaret River.
“Great Value....if you are careful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Pensione in Perth is great Value if you are able to track down the good deals that are on offer at different times. Staff were friendly and competent. Room was small but adequate in every way and had a lovely fresh feel to it with quality bathroom fittings, a lovely comfy bed etc. The one negative was that the room was overheated and stuffy. Despite an individual climate control in the room (just for show??), the temperature was dictated on a centralised system and was way too stuffy for my liking. It detracted from the experience. Fortunately I was able to open the window and put up with the street noise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bill I
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Bill l,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased that you managed to secure one of our regular great value deals and found our rooms to have a lovely fresh feel and comfy bed.

I would like to sincerely apologise however for the issue you experienced with the air conditioning during your stay. Guests are able to adjust the temperature in their room but only in the pre-set mode which is centrally controlled per floor. Our friendly team at reception should have offered to move you to another floor that was set to the mode that you required.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future so please contact the hotel directly so we can make the necessary arrangements.

Brett Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Small rooms but well designed, clean and comfortable. Staff were really helpful. Location was brilliant.

Price varies. I would definitely stay here again and hunt out a weekend deal.

Food was good, pricey but it's the same at every hotel in perth and given the location was so excellent, there were many eateries to choose from.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank pinkin_fluffy
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear pinkin_fluffy,

Thanks for such a wonderful review!

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and took advantage of our central location.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed in The Pensione for a few nights during Future Music Festival. Our booking was organised by my boyfriend's boss as he was in Perth to work at the festical and I flew out before him so it was just me there at check in. It was pretty awkward as they required the card that the room was booked with so there was a lot of calls back and forth to my boyfriend and his boss who then had to fax over his payment details. However, through this the staff on reception were really helpful after I explained I was on my own and didn't really know the booking details etc. They gave me the key to the room even before they received the payment details and just asked me to check back at reception after I had settled in.

We stayed in a deluxe double which was super comfy and clean and everything seems really up to date and renovated, including the bathrooms. They also provide good quality toiletries and large towels which was good for me as my boyfriend was still on the way with my bag via road.

Unfortunately, he then proceeded to break down at 11pm on the Nullabor Plain which meant I had to search for a tow truck company in the middle of nowhere. The staff allowed me to use the computer/internet free of charge and gave me advice on what to do which was much appreciated. During this time, I witnessed how noisy the bar on the ground floor is and just how awful some people's karaoke is. As we were staying on the 7th floor, this noise wasn't problematic in the room but I imagine on the first floor it was pretty dire.

I spent the next day exploring Perth by foot; the hotel is in a perfect location for this as you can head one way in to the cbd or the other way to the river, each taking 5-10 mins. The room also has a television with loads of channels which was good for me as I spent the evening alone as my boyfriend was still somewhere in the middle of Australia. Anyway, I'm glad that we were staying at The Pensione as on my own I felt very safe and the staff were extremely helpful. Verdict: Great hotel, Disaster trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Rachel D,

Thank you so much for such a comprehensive review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be really helpful and our location to be convenient and central.

I can’t imagine how stressful it must have been to have your boyfriend stuck in the middle of the Nullarbor Plain due to his car breaking down. I am pleased the team we were able to offer assistance with organising a tow truck.

We can’t wait to welcome you back again and hopefully you will have the opportunity to relax this time!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've stayed at the Pensione quite a few times over the past few months travelling for work. The stand-out for this hotel are the wonderful staff. They always greet you with a genuine smile and are very professional, friendly and helpful. After a couple stays I'd get "Nice to see you again," with a greeting by name.

Some of the rooms are quite small, and while they do have a desk, it's quite a tight fit with a stool to sit on as opposed to a chair. It's not uncomfortable, and they're obviously trying to use what room they have efficiently. Just something to be aware of if you're travelling for business.

That being said, the beds seem new and are super comfortable. I always got a great night's sleep. The fit-out in the rooms is all well-done and modern.

There's a bar joining the lobby which always seems to have activity, and serves decent meals and also provides room service. Breakfast vouchers are available for a pretty nice breakfast buffet across the street at Miss Mauds.

Would definitely stay again, and would recommend the Pensione. You might think twice about the smaller rooms if you're claustrophobic, but a good value hotel with exceptional staff and super-comfortable beds.

Room Tip: They do offer larger rooms if you need a bit more space.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Josh K,

It’s always great receiving such positive feedback from our return guests and knowing they continue to choose Pensione Hotel Perth when travelling.

We have had so many comments about how comfortable our new beds are and are very pleased you had the chance to experience them yourself.

I have passed your kind words on to our whole team. It is fantastic feedback such as this that reinforces our desire to provide the best possible service to our guests. Thank you!

We look forward welcoming you back again!

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I last stayed here a couple of years ago and the reno since then has been good, with the hotel now offering very comfortable, clean rooms with many of the trimmings. But the noise on weekends is awful. My room on the third floor overlooked the bar which gets rowdy on the weekends and plays thumping music till 12am. Worse though was the huge fight involving around 20 guys that kicked off as the bar closed at 12 hurling furniture around and which went on for over 20 mins which the bar security were unable to contain. When I complained in the morning, the receptionist just said the fight wasn't the hotel's fault. I pointed out that the thumping music was and they should have told me and offered me a different room. I wasn't moved to another room the following night and didn't hear from the management as promised even though I was still staying at the hotel. So my advice would be to stay elsewhere on a weekend if you want to sleep before 12 and steer clear of the bar. But on the other hand if you're after a party hotel with nice rooms and on-street entertainment, you'll love it here

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Glyn W
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear WilliamsOnTheRoad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am really pleased you found the refurbishment has created comfortable, clean rooms with everything that you need.

I would however like to sincerely apologise for the noise you experienced during your stay. We do have a small amount of rooms that can experience some noise especially on a Friday and Saturday night and the team at reception should have offered to move you to a room away from this area. Further training has been provided to ensure this type of incident is handled the best possible way in the future.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. I have sent you a private email and I look forward to hearing from you so I can make the necessary arrangements.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

In the heart of the CBD. The rooms I tried were very small, but well appointed and comfortable. Saturday night street noise from the bar-goers woke me twice in the small hours. Several reasonably priced restaurants nearby, a supermarket/bottle shop that is open till midnight, Maccas, Subway, all less than 150m away. Good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cabrov
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear cabrox,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Being in such a central location in the heart of the CBD can result in some street noise especially on weekends. Our friendly team would have been more than happy to look at moving you to a room away from this area. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused but am pleased this did not detract from your overall experience and rating.

I am thrilled that you found the hotel good value and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please keep in mind our larger Deluxe Corporate and Premium rooms.

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The location was very central in Perth and the room was as expected, but what made the difference for me, was the very helpful and friendly staff. I believe it was Diane when I checked in, she was so friendly and spent a lot of time showing me where to go and what to do and how to get there on the map. There is a bar attached to the hotel and it seemed to be frequented by the locals often. They have karaoke on Friday nights, which I thought was very fun, but if it is not for you, request a room on one of the higher floors... I had the basic room by myself, if there had been two people, it would be quite crowded, so if there are two, I would upgrade your room to the larger size. All in all, well done, Pensione, a great value and well done!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear tlb999,

Thanks for your review.

I am absolutely delighted that the friendly and helpful team made all the difference to your experience as this is what we constantly strive to achieve. It is also wonderful to hear you enjoyed our central location and the great value we offer.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.