“Great location”

Pensione Hotel Perth
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay in a deluxe room. Room could do with lick of paint and wardrobe space is limited but apart from that could not fault the hotel. Reception staff very welcoming, room cleaned on a daily basis and location is so central that we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel and would stay again

• Stayed: April 2013
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear SMZ17,

Thank you for your review.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the size of the wardrobe and the quality of the paint in your room. This particular room was done as a trial before the complete refurbishment last year and has a different colour scheme than the remainder of the rooms. We are currently in the process of repainting and enlarging the wardrobe.

I am pleased however that you found the friendly team very welcoming and our location to be central and perfect to explore the city.

We would love to welcome you back again in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I primarily booked here as I wanted to be in a central location with a reasonable price. I booked on wotif for a great deal for a queen room (which said free upgrade to a deluxe queen, I am not sure I was upgraded as the room was very small).
The room was clean and the decor was nice. I think having a proper chair for the desk would have been good instead of a plastic stool. The rooms are small if you have more then one suitcase you would be cramped in. It was just myself and my young son so it suited us ok.
The location is one of the best-a five minute walk to murray street mall. There is Miss Mauds across the road for a restaurant but there are plenty of dining options along murray and pier street.
I did order from the "My place" restaurant which was sufficient.
Would I stay here again? Yes but I would go for one of the "bigger" rooms.

Room Tip: If you have more luggage go for a bigger room than the queen.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear WaCal,

Thanks for reviewing our Hotel.

It appears you were allocated one of our standard rooms and I sincerely apologise if this was the case. The standard rooms feature a small desk and stool however chairs are found in all our other room types. Had we been made aware of this during you stay we would have moved you to another room immediately.

I certainly agree that our location is one of the best and I am delighted you also found the room clean and our refurbished décor nice.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the Pensione last night. Very nice, great spot to wander out for dinner, really lovely clean and modern rooms but tiny. The only place I could open my suitcase was on the bed - really - not even enough room on the floor for my open bag and I only had carry on sized baggage. I feel old and I suspect that was the problem. If you're not worried about space this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear FoodandTravel007,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel.

We have a range of room types and sizes available at the hotel and our Deluxe Corporate which features a large working desk and luggage storage or our Premium rooms which features a sitting area with 2 arm chairs may have been more suitable for your needs.

Although our standard rooms are cosy and compact I am pleased you found them clean and modern.

Please contact the hotel directly when you next visit Perth as we would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

First timers at locating a hotel on our new iphones(yes we are over fifty) for an overnight stay in Perth, we were thrilled to find a modern, spotlessly clean well appointed boutique hotel at such a great price. The staff were really helpful and even though the rooms are small they certainly contained all that was required. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KarenW,

Thanks for your review.

I am pleased you are mastering your new IPhone’s. I remember the days when hotel reservations were written into a book with pencil! It is amazing how new technology changes the way we do things.

We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable and great value accommodation and I am thrilled you found this to be the case. I have passed you kind words onto the team in relation to being friendly and helpful and we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Warm Regards

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel was certainly great value and the bed in the deluxe room was sooooo comfortable. I would recommend it and stay there again. It is only a short walk into the centre of the city shopping and trains etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

I am delighted that you found your stay great value and our central location convenient. We regularly receive positive comments about our comfortable beds and glad you had the opportunity to experience them for yourself.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit Perth.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

with car parking just across the road, this great hotel on the corner of Murray and Pier Streets was a welcome surprise after a long haul from Canberra and hire car drive into the city. Really friendly and helpful young lady - attended to all of our enquiries and off to bed. For the casual drinkers, the pub is next door (it even sells the Coopers range). Pier street is festooned with restaurants including Miss Mauds which is offered as an option for breakfast ($23) at a good price. Free wifi is a welcome benefit. Via a wotif deal, we got two deluxe rooms which were specious and clean - really comfortable bed too.
Can't fault this establishment.

Room Tip: take up the offer for breakfast across the road at Miss Mauds
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank reichers59
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Reichers59,

Thanks for your fantastic review!

The team love to receive such positive feedback and we are thrilled you found your stay comfortable, clean and the service to be friendly and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My Wife & I stayed at the Pensione Hotel, Perth for 2 nights & we were very pleasantly surprised. This hotel was a great price, especially when you are comparing other city hotels & it is in a fantastic location. The room was not the biggest but it was very clean & quiet & the bed was absolutely amazing! The staff were friendly & we certainly had nothing to complain about. My brother also stayed at the same time & he was upgraded to a room with much more space that was better for 2 people with luggage. I have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again though I will be paying for the larger room.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KarlostheJackal1

Dear KarlostheJackal1,

Thank you for your feedback!

It is so fantastic to hear that you found our hotel to be great value, as you may have seen in previous comments on TripAdvisor, Perth is definitely a growing city and accommodation is in high demand!

We pride ourselves on providing great customer service and a comfortable stay for all our guests and I’m thrilled that you found this to be the case.

In regards to our room sizes, we do have a few different room types that may have been more suitable. Our Premium Double room is our largest room and includes a small lounge area and a generous King bed.

We would love for you to experience this room for yourself so please contact us directly when you plan on returning to Perth!