2,692 results
All reviews irish pub samantha rodwell swan river junior suite accor member restaurant staff buffet breakfast top floor reception staff an upgrade standard room bed was very comfortable pleasant stay city centre across the road elizabeth quay senses
Reviewed August 29, 2009

This hotel is in a good area, has a great onsite pub and restaurant (Finian's I think it's called) and the rooms are spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful and my only real whinge was the spotty nature of the housekeeping service. I had four nights in the hotel and tea and coffee supplies weren't topped up every day and after the first night, the bathroom was cleaned by someone with dirty shoes and the marks on the tiles remained throughout my stay. My sheets weren't changed for the duration of my stay which was also a bit annoying. Bed really comfy 'though and pillows lovely. I can highly recommend the Irish Pub on the premises - I had two meals there during my stay and they were both very tasty and very quickly brought out - despite the place being busy both nights. Pub staff were also very friendly and happy. All round - a good hotel just a bit more attention to detail would be nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My partner and I satyed here for a night's getaway to the city.
We stayed in a deluxe jacuzzi room as they had a special package going.
It included the jacuzzi room, free breakfast in bed, a bottle of wine, a dozen oysters and a gift pack, all for AUD300 per night.
The room was massive and clean. the bathroom was beautiful and large, very clean.
We even had a beautiful view over the Swan River.
The location is great, walk to the shops of the City and other attractions.
I just can't say enough how much we enjoyed our stay, and the staff were so helpful.
I would highly reccomend this hotel to couples. It was fantastic, how ever, the Irish Pub next door was very drab and lifeless. I would reccomend you eat from the Hotel restaurant or in the City, the food from the pub was very sub-standard. Perhaps we went on a bad night?
Over all, I loved it and would definitley stay again, well worth every dollar!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I booked a one bedroom apartment (as part of the Grape Escape package) for my husband and I for a Thursday night , as we were travelling on next day to see family south of Perth. I chose the location as we needed to pick up our hire car next day, and the hotel is nearby to several hire car outlets.
Our package cost $310 online, included accomm.,2 buffet breakfasts, late checkout ,car parking and 6 bottles of WA wine, which we thought was good value. The spacious accomm consisted of a kitchen with living room (flat screen TV and air con), seperate bedroom with king bed,another flat screen TV and air con, robe area and bathroom with good showerand bath. We had views of the Swan River.
We dined in the restaurant that night, the meal and service were excellent. Our breakfasts were excellent as well. Staff were very attentive, room was spotless, we would return without hesitation.
PS. We stayed one night at the Parmelia Hilton(needs refurb badly) on our return trip, and the Novotel Langley wins hands down!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet96
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights break here on our way back from Africa to New Zealand. We had great difficulty choosing a hotel in Perth in the first place as they we either fully booked, too expensive or we didn’t fancy the property. On this occasion the Novotel ticked all the boxes.

This is not a new Hotel but it has been re-furbished probably several times. We wanted a room with a view so we chose a Junior suite which was positioned at the end of the Hotel floor and looking out directly to the Swan River. The view was lovely. The room was large and I would say at some stage had actually been two rooms. There was a large dressing room running along the back side of the room and a small bathroom but with a big Jacuzzi which we didn’t use in an alcove off the bathroom. The room contained all the usual Novotel amenities and was a nice room to chill out in at the end of a day. The biggest downside of these rooms would have to be the service elevator with an entrance door to the elevator foyer opening right next to our entrance door. Every time anyone went through the door they let it slam shut. Hmmmmm. There were only two of these Junior suites at the end of our floor. All the other rooms on the floor would have looked out to a city view and those near to our end of the Hotel would have had a partial river view.

The Hotels location is very convenient to access roads out of the city and to the central city itself. It is actually just across the road from the Sheraton.

We had a surprisingly good meal in the Hotel the first night so decided to eat at the Hotel the second night as well. The second night was a Saturday and the Restaurant was much busier. It might as well have been a different place to where we had dined the previous night. The service took a gigantic slip and the food wasn’t as impressive either but that might have had more to do with what we ordered. The Breakfast was a different story with rather sub standard food and very similar to feeding time at the zoo. Tables weren’t cleared and it was general chaos.

There were two levels of parking under the Hotel with very tight car parks. The level we were supposed to use was always full so we had to use the other which meant a trip to reception each time so we could get a card to let us out of the Car Park. To sum it up not a bad Hotel but surely there must be better around? Next time we are in Perth we will book sooner.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KiwiExplorer
Reviewed July 4, 2009

The reservation staff was very kind and friendly to offer our family additional bed at no charge. However, upon check in we were given all the wrong configurations. After confirmation they gave us the right room. However, the condition of the room, mainly the bathroom really needed attention. Location is just average, right across sheraton. I guess I will be at sheraton if without my family.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family