“Novotel Perth”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“Novotel Perth”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I attended a conference at the Novotel Langley Perth last week. I hadn't stayed here before. Some of the good points from my perspective include: the venue is compact - no need to use a bike to get around! The conference facilities were perfect for the need and the ballroom is huge! The food over the two days was delicious and there was fresh fruit available constantly, even in the foyer. The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. I may have stayed in 'grander' rooms but the bed was so comfy and I slept like a log once I got to bed.

My only complaint wasn't with the Novotel, but with the Irish pub beneath it - everyone was undoubtedly having fun but at 11;30pm I just wanted to sleep. So take ear-plugs!

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms on the south side may be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeni H
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Novotel Perth

We very much appreciate your review on the tripadvisor web site. Every day our motivation is to give our guests the fun and relaxing experience they are looking for; it is a pleasure to read we at Novotel Perth Langley are achieving just that.

Positive feedback from our guests such as yours serves as encouragement to all our team to continuously strive to improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked well in advance for a weekend convention in Perth and the Novotel was situated well for access to the events. Being a weekend the rates were reasonable (by Perth standards), as I have become used to paying ridiculous rates for average accommodation during the week on business. On the surface, this tired hotel would rate as average, being in much need of a spruce up, with tiny bathrooms that don't have exhaust fans or room for two people - however we found the staff to be the saving grace. The 'senses' restaurant in the lobby and the breakfast area excelled in personal service, and excellent food and beverages.

Room Tip: This hotel is popular for weekend weddings - so anything away from the function area is good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reasonable in over priced Perth

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through verbal comments that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours.

The management and staff of the Novotel Perth Langley are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, the comfort and satisfaction of their guests is of prime importance; therefore your feedback is important to us; at Novotel Perth Langley we aim to provide a superior service experience for every customer on a constant basis.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

In the twisted logic world that is Perth, a stay here mid-week would have cost me well over $400 per night. However, on the weekend, less than half?!
Getting past that, the hotel is very central- both the the burswood (now CROWN) casino and the cbd area. The room was pleasant- clean and modern, staff were friendly, and got a good night sleep. Not the best novotel I have stayed in, but that's not to say it is bad either! Meets the standard you would expect, and I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Convenient and clean

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your review on the Trip Advisor web site regarding your stay at the Novotel Perth Langley. It is always a pleasure to receive constructive and positive feedback from our guests such as yours.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 28, 2012

First, allow me join the growing chorus of complaints about the extortionate prices Perth hotels charge. The NPL is no exception. Yes, I understand the concept of supply and demand, profit margin, etc, but I've also travelled all over the world...

The NPL expereince begins with the concierge at the front door...not. There is a podium announcing the potential of a concierge but I never saw one during my stay.

I was supposedly upgraded although I'm uncretain as to what the upgrade entailed. My view was of the neighbouring hotel and the room would have cost $50 less in many cities, and both chairs had stains on them. Stop! Fine. I've travelled through Perth far too many times so am aware of the cost-quality ratio. It is what it is.

What I was not prepared for was the extortionate prices the NPL charges for its services. A $26 hamburger? Avoid the minibar as there's a convenience store accorss the road. The most painful cost was the internet cost. It begins at $27.50, which compares unfavourably with hotels of a similar standard. There is a great deal of small print referring to download cost which is provided at sign-in. I wished to watch a streaming sports match on the internet, which I have done in hotels all over the world and as recently as two weeks prior in a neighbouring Perth hotel. The additional costs brought my internet bill to over $100!!! Really?

To the credit of the staff, they were highly empathetic, indicating they'd had numerous complaints about pricing.

In terms of my relationship with the NPL, thankfully, there are numerous alternatives within a short walk.

Hasta la vista, baby!

Room Tip: Choose a neighbouring hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Wandering_Rick
Convenient and clean

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours.

The management and team of the Novotel Perth Langley are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, the comfort and satisfaction of their guests is of prime importance; therefore your feedback with regards the hotel rate, your allocated room needing an up-grade, attention to detail and internet charges, all is important to us. Your comments have been discussed with our Department Heads, who join with me apologizing to you; we aim to provide a superior service experience for every customer on a constant basis, I am sorry you feel you did not experience this and your expectations were not met.

Thank you again for sharing your view.
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

After arriving in Perth after a long flight (all flights to Perth are long) after having paid for a room in advance, the room type was not available. Assuring me I will be moved on the next day while I am out, when I retutned I had to wait again. I suspect with a booming economy they don't care. The car park was full and I couldn't park my car. I regularly visit Perth not stated there before. I am an Accor member but won't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Bigkahoona69
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your recent experience at Novotel Perth Langley. I am sorry if your stay did not fully meet your expectations please allow me to express my sincere apology.

At Novotel Perth Langley the management and majority of the staff strive to provide a superior service to all guests. Once again I am sorry that we have failed to deliver a positive experience for you and that you encountered some problems that were not resolved to your satisfaction. I will share your feedback with all of the team so that we may prevent any future occurrence.

Thank you again for sharing your experience; it is our hope that will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel Perth Langley again to show you our true level of service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further.