“Enjoyable Stay”

Novotel Perth Langley
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Perth
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Overall I'm quite happy with the room which is a double bed but only setback is that the hotel do not provide free parking for its guests. Charges is A$25 per day. Walking distant to The Bell Tower (10mins) along the Swan River. Good to take a stroll in the morning where the air is fresh with sea gulls flying around awaiting for you to feed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Enjoyable stay!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your view on the Tripadvisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours, I know your points made will serve as an encouragement to all our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,520)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been staying here over that past week and have not been overly impressed with the service or hotel as a whole.

Location: it is an ok location and has an IGA closeby in the opposite direction to the CBD. It it about a 10-15 minute walk to get to Hay st mall. The views to the river are very nice.

Rooms: the rooms are also ok, with a mini bar fridge, flat screen tv and comfortable bed. The standard rooms are on the small side for what you get and I found it slightly depressing after my 7th night. I was here for a total of 11 nights and was surprised that on such a long stay that I was not upgraded to a better room as most other hotels would. The pillows were not very good, but I had seen in the lift that there was a pillow menu, which is not indicated in the room, but housekeeping delivered more comfortable pillows on request. There was a fruit basket (with a few of the pieces rotten...) and a selection of chocolates in the room as a welcome. The bathroom is basic and a half bath above the shower. Although generally clean, there was mould in some of the grout and silicone. There was a small selection of toiletries, but no hair conditioner and no cotton buds or makeup removal pads (the cotton buds are available in the suites)

Service: service was a little hit and miss. Some good some bad, but found the staff were unsure of where things like a supermarket or bottle shop were. I also enquired about the location of a swimming pool to do some exercise, and the staff member suggested I go the the hotel spa on the top floor instead.

Gym/spa: the gym had all of the standard equipment you would expect and had great views across the river. If you go up the spiral staircase, you will find the spa area where there are 2x 4 person spas in an atrium like room also overlooking the river. The room was enclosed, so the smell of chlorine was very strong and not appealing to me.

Breakfast: excellent selection for a buffet breakfast, but some of the bread and pastries were stale. They also do eggs any style on request, but is always nice. The coffee was good and hot and the staff very friendly.

Noise: My first night was incredibly noisy with the room next to me being serviced in the late evening for 2 1/2 hours (they finishing banging on the walls at around 10.30). I had complained to reception and was initially told it would be another 15 minutes and was not offered an apology. An hour later, I called again and was offered an apology and was told the manager would go to the room and ensure the noise stopped. It did not stop for another 30-40 minutes, which was very frustrating. After returning from work the next day, there was a bottle of wine and some breakfast vouchers as an apology. The remainder of the stay has been fairly quiet, although I have been able to hear phone conversations through the wall most mornings.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Noisy rooms, average location!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back on the Tripadvisor web site with regards your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, it is important to us and our business to receive all positive constructive feedback from our guests such as yours. I am sorry that some of your experience did not meet your expectations whilst you were with us and for this I apologise to you for the inconvenience.

Your comments will be shared with the rest of our team; I know your points made will serve as an encouragement to all our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our hotel, customer service and guest well-being.

Thank you again for sharing your experience; and it is in our hope we will be given the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

stayed recently and the staff made me feel like i was home-this is the biggest asset of this hotel is its people and the welcome they give you--our room was comfortable and clean with plenty of hot water and a great relaxing atmosphere

Room Tip: get an upgrade if possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Friendliest hotel in Perth -

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write you review on the Tripadvisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all positive constructive feedback from our guests such as yours.

Your comments will be shared with the rest of our team. I know your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience

Reviewed September 13, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NYongKC
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is my usual hotel when looking for accommodation as it is well located in the city. Not close to the CBD but only a 15 min walk away. Rooms are comfortable except on this occasion I was close to the lifts and heard their motors whining. Also on the 8th floor there was air conditioning noises on the western side from a lower next door building. The Eastern or southern side would be best to stay on. The restaurant is pleasant with the staff efficient. Breakfast staff seem to be short on numbers & having the chef prepare an omelette takes too long. The hotel was full on the second night so underground parking was fully taken and it was necessary to find street parking nearby.. Reception in & out was very efficient.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

A good but busy hotel!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Novotel Perth Langley on the Tripadvisor web site. I am truly sorry that some of your experience did not meet your expectations with regards the noise, car parking and breakfast.

At Novotel Perth, our aim is to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry we did not rectify your points mentioned whilst to with us and accommodate you as best as we could, I appreciate you’re constructive and positive feedback, this will encourage our Team to continuously improve our customer services and guest well-being.

Once again I appreciate you sharing your concerns and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

In researching the hotel I noticed the standard checking policy of 2pm was listed on their site. As I was traveling from interstate I was arriving earlier and need to checkin by midday to accomodate some meetings. I called the hotel the night before my intended arrival and prior to making the online booking to confirm whether a room would be available 2 hours earlier. I was told it would not be an issue and that the person would make some comments in their system once my booking came through. I made the reservation online 10 mins later.

Upon arrival I was told the room wasnt available and that the checkin policy is 2pm. I informed the "customer service" person of my phone call the prior evening to which she simply reiterated the policy. 3 seperate times should informed me of the 2pm checkin even though each time I informed her of my phone call less than 24 hours prior to my arrival!

The location is quite far from the CBD and will cost $10-$15 to get a taxi to the city centre.

There is an irish bar at the base of the hotel and if you are staying on a low floor, as I was on the 3rd floor, you will clearly hear the loud music well into the night.

The rooms however were nice and value for money.

To summarise, dont expect any real customer service, stay in a room on the top floors to avoid noise, be prepared to pay for taxis to get around easily.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor to avoid the noise from the irish bar below.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mathew B
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write on the Trip Advisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through verbal comments and Trip Advisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all positive and constructive feedback from our guests such as yours. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for this inconvenience caused during to you during your recent stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience; and it is in our hope we will be welcoming your return in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very good location and great friendly service from restaurant staff. I've stayed 5 nights and had breakfast and dinner every day at the hotel. Very nice food with great service.

Hotel rooms relatively clean and noise free. I've stayed in the advantages floor (9). Very neat good service from housekeeping staff.

Overall very nice hotel overall.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write on the Trip Advisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley.

Your comments will be shared with our team, and I know your feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming your return in the Future.