“A good but busy hotel.”

Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Esperance
“A good but busy hotel.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is my usual hotel when looking for accommodation as it is well located in the city. Not close to the CBD but only a 15 min walk away. Rooms are comfortable except on this occasion I was close to the lifts and heard their motors whining. Also on the 8th floor there was air conditioning noises on the western side from a lower next door building. The Eastern or southern side would be best to stay on. The restaurant is pleasant with the staff efficient. Breakfast staff seem to be short on numbers & having the chef prepare an omelette takes too long. The hotel was full on the second night so underground parking was fully taken and it was necessary to find street parking nearby.. Reception in & out was very efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
A good but busy hotel!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Novotel Perth Langley on the Tripadvisor web site. I am truly sorry that some of your experience did not meet your expectations with regards the noise, car parking and breakfast.

At Novotel Perth, our aim is to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry we did not rectify your points mentioned whilst to with us and accommodate you as best as we could, I appreciate you’re constructive and positive feedback, this will encourage our Team to continuously improve our customer services and guest well-being.

Once again I appreciate you sharing your concerns and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 4, 2012

In researching the hotel I noticed the standard checking policy of 2pm was listed on their site. As I was traveling from interstate I was arriving earlier and need to checkin by midday to accomodate some meetings. I called the hotel the night before my intended arrival and prior to making the online booking to confirm whether a room would be available 2 hours earlier. I was told it would not be an issue and that the person would make some comments in their system once my booking came through. I made the reservation online 10 mins later.

Upon arrival I was told the room wasnt available and that the checkin policy is 2pm. I informed the "customer service" person of my phone call the prior evening to which she simply reiterated the policy. 3 seperate times should informed me of the 2pm checkin even though each time I informed her of my phone call less than 24 hours prior to my arrival!

The location is quite far from the CBD and will cost $10-$15 to get a taxi to the city centre.

There is an irish bar at the base of the hotel and if you are staying on a low floor, as I was on the 3rd floor, you will clearly hear the loud music well into the night.

The rooms however were nice and value for money.

To summarise, dont expect any real customer service, stay in a room on the top floors to avoid noise, be prepared to pay for taxis to get around easily.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor to avoid the noise from the irish bar below.
1 Thank Mathew B
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write on the Trip Advisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through verbal comments and Trip Advisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all positive and constructive feedback from our guests such as yours. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for this inconvenience caused during to you during your recent stay with us.

Your comments will be shared with the rest of our team. I know your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience; and it is in our hope we will be welcoming your return in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very good location and great friendly service from restaurant staff. I've stayed 5 nights and had breakfast and dinner every day at the hotel. Very nice food with great service.

Hotel rooms relatively clean and noise free. I've stayed in the advantages floor (9). Very neat good service from housekeeping staff.

Overall very nice hotel overall.

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write on the Trip Advisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley.

Your comments will be shared with our team, and I know your feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming your return in the Future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had decided to overnight in Perth city rather than drive home after attending a daytime wedding north of Perth and settled on the Novotel Langley as the place to stay. Our check-in was pleasant enough and we were pleasantly surprised when the receptionist informed us we had been upgraded to a king room, unfortunately that is where the our experience sort of went flat. The room was quite ordinary and might I add very dated so I hate to think what we would have been given without an upgrade. The toilet cistern stuck so I took the top of it off to release the mechanism. We felt like a coffee so rather than use the Nescafé in the room I ordered 2 "barista" made coffees from room service, should have stuck with Nescafé. Imagine our surprise when room service arrived with our coffees served in Tetra-pak cups and for this we paid $5 each. The coffee itself was more like that you receive from a percolator not an expresso machine.
Went next door with friends to Fenians for a pub feed and a few drinks nothing special except for the prices and then decided to retire to the "cocktail bar" in the Langley for a cocktail to finish the night off. First off the bar staff looked at me like I was speaking on foreign language when I asked if they did serve cocktails. My suspicions of a less than nice cocktail were aroused when it seemd like the bar staff were making the drink from a recipe. End result a frozen margherita that was not frozen with little or no tequila taste more fruit juce than alcohol. My wife's cocktail was more like a "mocktail". Our friends had a similar results and it overall very poor, these drinks were $18 each.
Breakfast was the saving grace as it was actually a pleasant surprise given how things had been going.
All in all our overnight stay in Perth reinforced what we have reading about Perth a) high prices coupled with low value and b) dated and poor quality hotel accommodation masquerading at 4 star c) having to pay for parking is certainly not good as it is penalising people who wish to visit
As a taxi driver stated to me when he picked from Perth International about 2-3% of the fares are actual tourists whilst the rest are returning business travelers and holiday makers. Not a good wrap for Perth that is for sure

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PerthPaul123
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write your review on the Trip Advisor web site regarding your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through verbal comments and Trip Advisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours.

The management and staff of the Novotel Perth Langley are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, the comfort and satisfaction of their guests is of prime importance; therefore your feedback with regards value for money, our rooms needing an up-grade, attention to detail… all is important to us, your comments has been taken to our Department Heads, who join with me apologizing to you; we aim to provide a superior service experience for every customer on a constant basis, I am sorry you did not experience this and disappointed we did not rectify your points mentioned whilst you were still with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feed back and it is in our hope you will give us the opportunity to better service you in the future.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a perfectly adequate 3 star hotel charging outrageous 5 star prices. Rooms are mediocre, service average, Internet in room was expensive and did not work, $35 breakfast was a bit like a school canteen. I guess this the price one pays for the resource boom.

1 Thank Wongaya_Jeff
Bree C, General Manager at Novotel Perth Langley, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Novotel Perth poor value!

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write you view on the Tripadvisor web site with regards your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through verbal comments and Tripadvisor that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all feedback, positive and constructive from our guests such as yours.

The management and staff of the Novotel Perth Langley are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, the comfort and satisfaction of their guests is of prime importance; therefore your feedback with regards the hotel and rooms needing an up-grade, attention to detail and breakfast prices all are important to us; your comments has been taken to our Department Heads, who join with me apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations.

I would like to mention our Regional Department Heads are in discussion allocating a suitable date to start a room maintenance program; this will account the rooms and bathrooms that are in need of renovating or replacing. As you could imagine this will be an ongoing task. You may of noticed during your recent stay we have started our guest lift up-grade, this will be ongoing for approx 6 Months; once completed we will have a more of an idea when the room maintenance program will begin.

Again I thank you for sharing such valuable feedback and it is in our hope you will return to see and experience the difference in the future.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recently stayed at Novotel Perth for business (4 days total). The rooms are very average and expect to pay a bucket load for room service (for sub-standard food). The beds were terrible to sleep in, myself and both my colleagues have had sore backs since our stay. They say they have a pillow menu (I didnt see one) and all pillows were very thin (also only 3 pillow in total).
Room service was great but at $350 a night you do NOT get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger but are over an intesection so my room was very noisy
'Standard Services'

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your review on the Tripadvisor web site with regards your recent stay at the Novotel Perth Langley, as it is through tripadvisor and guest book feedback that we are able to improve our services; it is important to us and our business to receive all positive constructive feedback from our guests such as yours.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.