“Fantastic location”
Review of Kings Perth Hotel

Kings Perth Hotel
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We got a great deal on line making the hotel great value for money. The rooms are very old and dated but spotlessly clean. Bed was comfortable and tv good size. We found the staff to be friendly and super efficient. Both room service and breakfast was delicious. would have liked some wine and water glasses in the room. Lots of toiletries and towels. car park next door super handy. Great location - 1 block to hay st mall shopping and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2013

During some 30+ years of traveling for work, staying in hotels and B+Bs Worldwide, I have come to the conclusion that this Hotel is THE worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to find myself staying in.
Unless you are happy to hear the next room guests conversations, alarms, TV etc - both sides, want the same bedding/sheets for a whole week, want a dirty dingy room with a dirty dingy bathroom, a shower that is scalding you one second then freezing cold the next, want no air-con or heater - well it made a lot of noise but did little else - want lifts that feel as if they are about to break down at any moment, then DO NOT BOOK TO STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

I could go on and on and haven't mentioned the Staff as they were of the quality you would expect at this hotel, probably very low paid.

Bottom line - This hotel should closed down for a full top to bottom refurbishment, until then $50 per night would be too much to pay for a room here.
BEWARE.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Stephen E
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice clean room, good size. Generous coffee, teas and toiletries.
Swimming pool was under renovation, so a bit of disappointment there. (9-12 June 2013.)
Buffet breakfast was ok, but coffee was weak. The staff was not very friendly.
The receptionists were friendly but not efficient.
I had asked them on the morning of 11/6 to confirm 2 seats on a shuttle to the airport for 12/6. The shuttle company called them on the afternoon of 11/6 to inform of a time change at pick up.
We did not get the message.
After check out, we waited at the lobby for the pick-up. 5 minutes before due pick up, I approached the counter and asked if the bus will be at front door. I was told I have to go round the side to wait, so we went.
Ten minutes after due pick up, no bus. I went back to the counter and the same receptionist told me 'oh, your bus left an hour ago, no more pick up, take a taxi!'
She said they received call from shuttle company the day before that my pick up was changed to an hour earlier, the night staff was supposed to inform me.
I told her no one informed me and why did she ask me to wait round the side if no bus was coming?
In the end, the hotel got us a taxi to the airport. They had to pay for their mistake.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela2267
Reviewed June 10, 2013

OLD. So dated. Extremely overpriced. I horrible smell throughout the lobby and room. The bed was good and thats all that was good. The bathroom was so dated I felt like I was at my Nanas house in 1975

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Singsthings
Reviewed May 31, 2013

From the moment we stepped out of the lift we realised this hotel was definitely overpriced & not worth the $235 per night for the room! The carpet in the corridors was old & dirty. The rooms are large but in desperate need of renovating. We could not sleep at night due to the rattling of the air conditioning. Now I can cope with a slight 'hum' but this air conditioner sounded like a helicopter! Then to top it off when we finally got up to make a cup of tea we found a dirty cup. It wasn't just dirty, it was, disgusting! Definitely expect more for $235 per night!
The customer service of the manager on duty was appalling! Tried to blame us for booking the wrong room on Wotif when it was clearly written on the booking slip and proceeded to argue with us. Whatever happened to good customer service? This woman could take lessons from her reception staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeanie19
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here two weekends in May 2013. Staff were so helpful - clean and comfortable room - great breakfast selection and free wifi included in price. The only downside is the decor is very dated. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are a decorated a little bit better
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My company had pre booked and paid prior to my arrival at two in the morning after a long trip from the UK.I noticed that the elevator was filthy, the carpet dirty and worn. The room was dingy with fitted dark wood furniture that had seen better days. The bathroom was disgusting, the large waste pipe from the lavatory was stained with mould and gunk. Drips from the lavatory waste pipe were running into a small dirty drain, leaving a wet trail.the plughole in the sink was rusted. The wastepipe from the sink was also wet, mouldy and heavily stained.
The bed was clean and comfortable so I waited till the morning to ask for a room change. The receptionist agreed that the room was not acceptable and changed me to a "superior" room at 10 A.M.when the room was free. This room had been updated with new carpet, new bathroom fittings and was an average city Hotel room, it should not be described as a "superior" room,(except that it was far superior to the previously allocated room).Being apprehensive about the hygiene standards of this Hotel I was cautious about what I ate at breakfast. A chef walked through the dining room at one stage, wearing filthy grey "whites" with heavily stained front.
The room I was allocated on arrival should not be in use. When I collected my case to move to the "superior" room, a plumber was in the bathroom and had changed the sink pipe etc.
This Hotel does not deserve three stars.

Room Tip: Room 909 is acceptable, but I have concerns about hygiene in the dining areas
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business