“Excellent Location, Bed and View”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Room was very spacious but somewhat outdated. View for the sea from the room more than compensated for that.

Staff were attentive and provided excellent level of service.

Location was ideal to travel to the airport or to go to the city center.

I recommend this hotel if you are seeking a quieter location in Perth.

Room Tip: Room with a view of sea is reommended
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Room was comfortable and large along with free basic internet. The staff was exceptionally helpful related to billing, dinner reservations, valet parking and theater tickets. Rating was a "four" until my last night when a band played LOUD music one floor below my room from 7PM to 11PM. Avoid the cafe which will charge $30 for a basic cold/continental breakfast.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaptainBlackie
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear CaptainBlackie
Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry for the disturbance on your last evening; I’ll raise this with my team as we are always conscious of minimising any inconvenience for our guests.
Adam Myott, General Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed for 1 night on the way out of Perth for our annual holiday and for a night upon our return. Although we have had several other stays there as well. By the end of our incredible holiday I was dreaming (quite literally) about getting back to the Hyatt and THAT bed! Talk about dreamy. I have been pleasantly surprised by this hotel and cannot fault any aspect of its' delivery and service.

From valet parking, check-in, canapés, wait staff, room service, cleanliness, options for dining..yes, everything. It is all more than adequate. We have enjoyed everything on offer so can attest to the quality. Even the pork knuckle from room service was 9/10 and not even close to restaurant prices! I read everything whilst in the room and the menu has plenty of options for children too. There is also an inviting pool area if thats your thing.

Management are continuously keeping a check on things and I have noticed improvements in the stays I have had there. Just little things, but clearly they are on the ball and happy to work with you.

You will not be disappointed with the incredibly comfortable bed and the pillows. I have quite a serious back injury and find it hard to sleep well, even in my own custom bed..but here I am sure that I am sleeping on clouds. And you don't notice your partner wriggling at all. A very, very good nights sleep.

The Regency Club is a special treat and well worth trying even if your not a member. The girls that run it are just lovely and very efficient at providing fresh, tasty buffet style eats and drinks. Superb breakfast included too. So good. Its included in your tarrif and you may be so satisfied that you can skip dinner altogether!

It is a big hotel with a discreet entrance and a grand lobby and foyer to impress.

I could go on but try it and see for yourself. It is just lovely.

My photos are from a stay that I enjoyed previously with my daughter. I was too busy unwinding to take photos during the last visit!

Room Tip: The rooms are the almost the same, even the Club rooms, that is to say the same bed, the same size...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy W

Dear Wendy H
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, it really is very much appreciated. I’m delighted that you have obviously enjoyed the time spent with us and I hope it won’t be too long before we can welcome you back again.
Adam Myott, General Manager

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The rooms were nice and pleasant, comfortable and pretty standard for a hotel. the hotel had a large atrium which was quite loud but as soon as you got to your room it was peaceful, our room did not have a very good view, lust looked out over a neighbouring building. I think for the price we paid there are better value for your money at other Perth hotels, this hotel was fine but there are better ones out there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katiephoenix
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located at the end of Adelaide Terrace, a few steps from the CAT bus stop (free downtown shuttle) and the stops for the regular bus lines. Rooms are spacious, airy, well maintained, in a modern tone, comfortable bedding, modern bathroom. Also, very quiet from the inside or outside for a good sleep quality. If you choose a room with "city or pool" view, be sure to be located on a high floor, otherwise you wont have a view at all. Lobby bar and restaurant very pleasant. Staff courteous and effective. Very nice choice for a stay in the city.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gt2638
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear gt2638
Thank you very much for your review and I’m pleased you and your family enjoyed the time you spent with us. I hope you will stay with us again if your future travels bring you back to Perth.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed four nights at the Hyatt Regency for a family trip. Our party took four rooms with an age range of 2 to 75. Two of the rooms were connected. We were on level 2, which was fine except for the occasional noise from the parties at the ballroom and if you have rooms facing the Fortescue Metals Group, you can literally see what they write on the whiteboards.

This is more of a business hotel. And it is located away from the city centre where finding other restaurants nearby is not exactly easy. Not that we had a problem eating at the Cafe or Joe's Oriental. Both were good. The breakfast was acceptable. I think those that travel around Asia will find the spread slightly limited but still more than adequate. One thing, the hotel does not label the food, leaving us to sometimes guessing what we are eating.

Service was fantastic. From check-in to check out, and everything in between. The staff seems genuinely happy and it shows from our interaction with them. My brother had a "middle of the night" type emergency with the son and the staff were helpful.

I had a few minor issues. As my mother has a knee problem, walking down to Joe's was not easy as there are no escalators or elevator access, which I find a bit odd. I also find it odd that the ramp up to the lobby was not covered (as it was raining a bit when we were there), which meant we had to ask mum to walk down the few steps instead of just sitting in the wheelchair. Finally, for such a large hotel, it had a tiny driveway.

For those that want easy access to the city centre, this is probably not the right hotel for you. Although Perth is kind enough to have free buses to the city centre from the hotel. Not exactly sure how the free buses work as some people going further out seems to have to tap in and out. Overall, the hotel is more than adequate and continue to reflect the Hyatt standards.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank C_James06

Dear C_James06
Thank you very much for the extensive feedback and your constructive comments. I was particularly pleased to note the assistance you received from our staff and hope all is now well with your nephew. I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions. I used to be a member of Club at the Hyatt. If you dine out a bit this is a really great club to be a member. Regarding the hotel, REception runs like a well oiled clock, very good service and things are done quickly. The hotel is very well presented. The higher end of the market rooms are best. The beds are absolutely brilliant, the rooms are very comfortable, and the bathrooms are brilliant. Most expensive rooms, of course, look out over the Swan River. The hotel is kept up to the mark and represents good value for money. If you stay at the Hyatt upper rooms, there are complimentary drinks and canapes available in the afternoon. Very nice, plus breakfast is served in the club rooms as well. But remember a quality product does not come cheap.

Room Tip: Regency room are more expensive,but the complimentary drinks and canapes and breakfast help make the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Simofoz
As a regular guest of our hotel, it is very good of you to share your observations and I am very pleased that you enjoy the experience when you stay with us – particularly the added benefits associated with our Regency Club accommodation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.