“I'm getting married in the morning.”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Perth, Australia
“I'm getting married in the morning.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

After searching for a venue for our Wedding reception we came across the Hyatt Regency. From the start the staff were extreemly helpful and helped us arrange the reception. They gave us a room for us to use which was full of drinks of every description. It gave us time to unwine befor the big night. The food was superb and the staff were excelent & attentive. I can't rate this place high enough.

Room Tip: Just talk to the staff and they will help you out.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear David D
Many thanks for choosing to hold your wedding reception with us and thank you for the excellent feedback. We take great pleasure in assisting couples with the planning of such a very special event and I’m delighted that everything ran smoothly for you. We hope you will choose us again for any future celebrations - maybe a trip down memory lane for your fist wedding anniversary?
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Aussie in UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is not your usual concrete block of boxes. From entering the lobby area which opens up into a massive atrium which houses a lounge and bar with a awesome fountain of giant stone elephants which create a relaxed atmosphere. Then you look up and see the structure of the hotels ope n plan corridors which can only be compared to a huge construction of jenga blocks very impressive. The pool on the second floor next to the tennis courts are well positions and a nice area to chill. The hotel restaurant offers a nice range of modern Australian food plus at street level there is a second well appointed Oriental restaurant with a s I perb menu and impressive service.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a river view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ISB3happycustomers
Many thanks for your great review and I’m pleased you enjoyed the ambience of our atrium style lobby – as you say, it’s a great place to relax at any time of the day or night. We look forward to welcoming you back when you’re next passing through Perth.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We booked this hotel for our son and his new bride. They received a complimentary upgrade plus a bottle of champagne and a late check out. The service was wonderful and they couldn't speak high enough of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen S
Thank you for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion and I’m delighted that we were able to round off a memorable day for your son and daughter in law. We hope you will consider choosing us for any future family celebrations.
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lovely hotel with great service and one of the nicest breakfasts we have had in a Perth Hotel will definitely stay there again
Very handy if you want somewhere quiet and the free undercover parking is a plus as most hotels you have to park around the corner here we had free parking so we were most impressed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DukePerth
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you very much for your great feedback – particularly regarding your breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back when you treat yourselves to another mini break .
Airlie Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while visiting family in Perth. It was our first night away from our baby girl - family looked after her for the night and we had such a nice night here. The staff were friendly and professional to deal with upon check in and check out, and the rooms were nice and clean. Would stay here again if we were back in the Perth area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Sarah W
So pleased your time with us was enjoyable and many thanks for your feedback, which is very much appreciated. We hope it won’t be too long before you travel to Perth and look forward to welcoming you back at that time.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Excellent hotel, very handy for Perth CBD and the WACA cricket ground. Rooms and facilities very good, as you would expect from a hotel of this class. Moy only comment is regarding the price of the buffet breakfast, which for the British among you was GBP £30, which is a bit steep for breakfast.

If I was back in Perth, I would stay at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Neil-Traveller
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Neil-Traveller
Great to see you enjoyed the time you spent with us. I’ll pass your comments regarding breakfast to our Director of Food & Beverage for his information, however just to note that Cafe restaurant also has an Express Breakfast option and an alternative venue, for lighter ‘snacks’, would be La Strada Coffee Terrace on the lower lobby. Really pleased to see you would choose to stay with us again on a future visit to Perth and we look forward to welcoming you back at that time.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Travelling for business I had one night at the Hyatt Regency Club. I was keen to compare it to my recent experience at the Brisbane Sofitel Club. Overall it compared pretty well, just on a smaller scale. What got my review from very good to average, however, was the bed.

I'll start by saying the reception staff were also average. Two staff members behind the counter as I approached and neither looked up to welcome me. I chose the person on the right, who then directed me to the person on the left. A bad first impression. For goodness sake, is it too hard to look up and indicate that you are the person I should be dealing with?

The room was absolutely beautiful however. Great decor, very modern and sparkling clean. Lovely amenities, comfortable bathrobe and slippers and complimentary water, which, after a long flight, was extremely welcome. Five stars for that.

I went to the club for pre dinner drinks and canapés and was a little surprised to discover how tiny the place was. I had just been to Club Sofitel in Brisbane which was a massive, two-floor complex. No matter, the canapés were fabulous, the staff were friendly and courteous and ever so efficient and to top it all off, they served high quality spirits as well as wine and beer. You can't really argue with that.

Sadly, my 2.5 Tanqueray and tonic buzz (I just couldn't finish that third one, despite the kindly wait-staff's best intentions) was somewhat quelled when I went to bed. It was like sleeping on a concrete sidewalk. In the dictionary under 'unyielding' it has a picture of this mattress. A terrible night's sleep ensued.

On the upside, breakfast at the club was wonderful. Not a full cooked breakfast like the Sofitel, but delicious nonetheless. Checking out was a breeze and the overall experience was pretty good, but that bed...I'm afraid I would only ever return if I knew for sure that the beds had come up to five star hotel standard.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow top mattress.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Lyn S
Dear Lyn S
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I really appreciate it. I apologise for the poor first impression created by our staff – this initial guest interaction is vital and sets the tone for the remainder of the visit; your welcome was clearly not what it should have been on this occasion and this is something for us to address. With regards to the bedding, I am sorry you had a disturbed night - we can certainly provide a pillow top mattress to make it more comfortable for you. Should you choose to stay with us again, please let us know when you make your booking so we can put this preference in your guest profile and ensure that your room is made up accordingly.
It is good to see that you enjoyed your accommodation and our Regency Club facility and hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.