“Wonderful concierge, friendly staff”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful concierge, friendly staff”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

It's getting pretty tired, especially the guest rooms which feel decidedly 3 star, but this hotel redeems itself with; a good gym/pool; friendly breakfast staff and a FANTASTIC concierge. Many thanks Josh for your insightful and friendly recommendations about Perth restaurants and places to visit. Your suggestions made our weekend.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear RobandAndrea
Many thanks for your comments, which are greatly appreciated. Good to see you were able to make use of our gym and pool facilities and I will certainly also share your great feedback with Josh. We hope you will choose to stay with us again on any future visits to WA.
Regards
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Good stay overall. few little things to be aware of: rooms can be a fair way from the lift mine 522 was (might be being picky) good side bed, rooms very quiet, lift to car park is a mission.
Pool is great.
Breakfast was excellent, the chef or apprentice young girl was top notch very busy and kept every customer happy with requests.

Room Tip: ask for close to lift
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear 21Rysa
Good to note you enjoyed your stay, and I appreciate the comments you have made. Should you choose to stay with us again, please ask our Reservations Associate to register your preference for a room closer to the guest lifts so that we can pick this up when rooms are being allocated. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here over last December 2013. Although it may not be within CBD area but that doesn't stop us from going places. Simply get a taxi. The bed was so comfortable. Overall hotel services was good. Breakfast selection was reasonable for a five star hotel. We believe the hotel is absolutely one of the best place to stay in Perth. Will definitely come back again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Monkeybone11
Many thanks for your great feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. As an alternative to taxis, you may wish to consider taking advantage of either our complimentary weekday morning city shuttle or the free bus service outside of the hotel. Good to see you would choose to stay with us again and I hope it won’t be too long before you once again cross the Nullarbor to WA.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2014

From the moment you arrive you feel that there is not a smiling face in sight and that no one is in charge. Breakfast in the Lounge was OK but chaotic and the staff looked fed up and did not smile. The bedrooms are a good size. But the whole design of the Hotel is unfriendly, there is not any atmosphere there. The bar area was more like sitting in the middle of a station and also it closed at midnight even to the guests - as I said before nobody seemed to care.

Room Tip: I would suggest high up to get the best views of Perth
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank judy011
Dear judy011
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate you sharing your observations. I am naturally disappointed and concerned that your interactions with our staff lacked warmth and sincerity and appreciate this would certainly not have created a positive experience for you. This falls far short of our goal to provide authentic hospitality and to extend ‘the Hyatt Touch’ to our guests, and is therefore something I will discuss further with my management team.
My thanks again for taking the time to let me have your feedback.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Thanks for all the staff at the Hyatt, good customer service makes all the difference. Hotel room was very clean and comfortable and the amenities were all of a good standard. Don't let the outside of the building put you off. We would stay again

Room Tip: River side
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jacki M
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and my thanks for the great feedback regarding the level of service you experienced throughout the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here using club points for two nights 4/2/14 and 5/2/14. Room was very basic, obviously in need of renovation, but good enough to throw their loyalty program patrons in. The standard was below a holiday inn express property. Bathroom was dirty, poorly supplied and not even a pen supplied in the room.
I had been in touch with the hotels concierge before arriving and asked them to keep an eye out for an important letter arriving. As I arrived in Perth I received a message saying a copy of the letter had arrived at my London home. No letter could be found at the hotel, each time I asked I got told, "can't find it" "dunno" "if we ever find it, will let you know"
I rang the sender, they had properly addressed it, and I doubt even Australia post would have lost it.......service was unbelievably bad.
Went to use the business centre to print important documents for a meeting, computer not hooked to a printer, staff member told me "you should have used the other one"......sorry, my powers of esp must have been off that day.
Overall this hotel has really gone downhill since it's heyday in the early to mid 90's. Staff are rude, room was awful, poorly supplied and dirty. Tried complaining on check out but was bundled out like an annoyance to the staff.
Bottom line, the hotel should not participate in the gold passport program if they are going to treat it's members like dirt.
I know service in Perth is bad and prices high, but how this can be rated a good hotel anymore is beyond me

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Craig B
Dear Craig B
Many thanks for your review and clearly you did not have a good experience during your recent visit. You have identified several areas where we fell short of your expectations and I am also concerned that you feel your status as a Gold Passport member was not duly recognised. I would welcome the opportunity to communicate further with you on the points you have raised and would therefore appreciate if you could contact me on hrperth.gm@hyatt.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I recently spent a weekend at the hotel to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I have been to the hotel on many occasions for business, yet this was the first time we had stayed at the hotel and I was extremely impressed.

When we made the reservation we mentioned that we were celebrating a special occasion. When we checked in, the staff member congratulated us on our anniversary and advised that we had been upgraded to a suite! The room was extremely spacious, with a large lounge room and seperate bedroom with dressing room and en suite, overlooking the Swan River. In addition there was a bottle of champagne on ice on the coffee table!!

The rooms were very well appointed and decorated and the bed was one of the comfiest I have slept in for a long time. We had access to the Club Lounge which is located on level 8 and overlooks the river. The lounge can be used throughout the day for coffee and canapes, and they serve complimentary drinks between 6pm and 8pm.

The best part of the hotel is that the design of the building provides a wonderful feeling of spaciousness. The main lobby includes a lounge bar, water fountain and a grand piano (there was a pianist playing on both nights that we were there). The lobby is completely open all the way up to the 9th floor with a large glass roof at the top.

There are a number of restaurants and bars in the complex, and of course being in the city you can easily access many others throuhout the CBD using the free buses that run from right outside the hotel. It is a short walk to the Swan River which is fantastic to walk around (or cycle or segway)

There is a tennis court and fitness club that are of very good quality (although we did not use them) and a roof top swimming pool on Level 1.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.....we could not fault any of them......nothing was too much trouble.

If I had to be critical my only comment is that the outside of the hotel seems a little dated, with its brown brick construction. Don't let this put you off though, because the interior has been updated and is of a very high standard.

We had a wonderful weekend at the hotel that surpassed our expectations!

Room Tip: Select a room that provides access to the Club Lounge, so that you can enjoy the complimentary drink...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear DJFCP
Great to see that as a regular visitor to the hotel you were finally able to enjoy an overnight stay with us and I am delighted to learn we exceeded your expectations, especially as it was for such a special personal occasion. I am very pleased our staff were able to provide ‘the Hyatt Touch’ to help make your anniversary celebrations memorable and we certainly hope you will chose to stay with us again in the near future.