“Good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. It is a rather nice hotel. Very big, great lobby and very helpful staff members. I found housekeeping to be excellent and they were very helpful with helping me with my needs of frequent linen changes and daily trash removal. I have 1 yr old twins that can make quite the mess! The rooms were nice, comfortable bed but the bathrooms are small. It is an older hotel and not the layout you need if traveling with small children. The hotel is not really stroller friendly as you have to walk up the driveway into the hotel and have to go through housekeeping area to get to the pool. And then you need assistance to get the stroller to the pool level. I will say that the staff was helpful with all of my needs and helped me get around.. The pool was nice but again not kid friendly. It doesn't have much of a shallow end for them to play and it's very deep! The area is covered with AstroTurf not grass so beware it is like lava on your feet on a hot day! The cafe was great, very helpful with the kids and had high chairs, didn't seems upset about the mess the kids made but 39 AUD for breakfast buffet was a bit steep in my book! Was good but that is very expensive!! We ate out for the rest of the day. The free bus to downtown is easy with a stroller and on time! Was excellent! The only thing I think they could work on is having the front desk being more knowledgable on the happenings around town. We were out and found out there was a festival on with fireworks in the park next to the hotel and no one told us that am. Also there was food stalls in the CBD with a lion dance that night also.. I also asked about what beach to go to and the all looked at me like they didn't know Perth had beaches! There was a flyer in the room with a few events in it but that personal touch really sets apart a great hotel from a good hotel.. If you ask a guest what they have planned or where they are headed and give some local tips goes a long way with me! Especially that I didn't know there was a park with kid equipment right behind the hotel till the day I left..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, I forgot to ask and didn't get one..:(
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank McKeown76
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
DearMcKeown76
Many thanks for your extensive feedback, I really appreciate and acknowledge the various comments you made. I am sorry for the lack of local information provided to you during your visit – Perth is buzzing at the moment with the Fringe Festival and Perth International Arts Festival both taking place in various locations across the city, many of the events are also free and family friendly. It is essential that we provide this type of information to our guests and I’ll be following this up with the team to ensure they are all up to speed with what’s happening around the city.
My thanks once again for your review and I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I'm back here again and it's the 3rd time in six weeks, my visit coincided with the hotel playing host to Justin Bieber. Though contary to press and media there was little disruption to the guests. As usual at the hotel it runs to plan, great selection of food each evening in the lounge and in January breakfast was in the main restaurant, which made for a change, though busier environment than I was used too..
I have to correct an earlier review by another member about the gym...there are plenty of windows in there and it's the same room that has been there for years...I actually paced it out and it's roughly 12metres of windows located on about the 3/4 level of the building with a view over the central area of the building streaming with natural sunlight...my photo unfortunatley taken into the light looks dark...it's fitted out with a good selection of free weights, cardio and weight machines for shoulder, back and arms..all that you need...and then it's a short walk up the stairs to go and do some laps in the large pool....
and yes I'll be back again...and Sumi at the front desk is there to help and will find anything you want...

Room Tip: if you can get a river view for a small fee sometimes...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear forward_cabin
Great to see you are becoming a regular guest of ours and many thanks for your review, especially regarding our gym facilities, which is much appreciated. I’ll also make sure your comments are passed on to Sumi.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 3 nights' stay at the Hyatt Regency in Perth. The hotel facilities are quite nice. The rooms are decent, though relatively small in size.

We paid for a room on the Club level which added quite a premium to the base room cost. The lounge staff in the evening (Yuki and Brenda) are outstanding! Friendly and very willing to advise on things to do in Perth. Yuki went out of her way to find information on a restaurant, making reservations and finding us a good map to get there. The morning lounge team members we encountered, however, were quite the opposite--they bordered on rude. I would suggest highly that the management get Yuki and Brenda to share some insights with the rest of the lounge staff.

The housekeeping was interesting. The second morning of our stay we discovered that only one large bath towel was provided. It took some time but additional towels were delivered and the following days we had ample towels too.

We had lunch in the Cafe on the lobby level and found the food to be quite good.

I'd also like to thank the concierge team who are positioned just outside the front door. Both Krystal and Josh were most pleasant to work with.

All in all a good hotel with just a few kinks that can be easily fixed. Just put Yuki and Brenda on the case and this will quickly become a 5-star hotel experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sgfintl
Dear sgfintl
Thank you very much for your feedback and I am glad that overall you and your wife enjoyed the time you spent with us. It is disappointing, however, to note the inconsistencies in service levels you encountered from our team – as you say, this can make such a difference to the guest experience. There’s certainly no reason for this to be the case and I’ll follow this through with my management team to ensure ‘the kinks’ are ironed out. My thanks particularly for highlighting the service provided by Yuki, Brenda, Krystal and Josh – I will make sure this is shared with them.
I hope you will choose to stay with us again should your future travel plans include another trip to Perth.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a few days in early February. I understand that it’s not quite central to Perth’s business centre. I also didn’t walk around its neighbourhood. I caught taxis to work meetings. You will probably find another hotel closer to your meeting if on business. But I did really enjoy my stay there. Firstly, I was upgraded to a river view room and it was comfortable. The bedding and bed was so comfortable. No complaints. Service was good. Breakfast selection was reasonable for a five star hotel but not outstanding – just rating against other five star hotels. All good and I believe absolutely the best place to stay in Perth when on business or want to stay in the city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear ZSEF
Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased that that you enjoyed your time with us and that we met your requirements whilst away from home for business. In terms of getting into the city, we also operate a complimentary weekday morning shuttle service in and around the CBD, which may be another option for you to consider on your next visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

It was our first time staying here & we were very impressed! The high level of customer service provided by staff at all times, was so great to see! How rare it is these days! The Hyatt Perth's exceptionally high level of customer service, really makes them superior & stand out! Upon checking in, the lady receptionist that served us was so warm, friendly, welcoming & helpful. The cafe staff on both our visits there were amazing! Again, so warm, friendly, welcoming, helpful & accommodating! The food on offer in the cafe is also AMAZING! Presented so beautifully, such a wide selection on offer & delicious. Highly recommend the buffet breakfast, the best we've ever had anywhere! There's a wide variety of food on offer, there's even gluten free options and foods we've never seen at breakfast buffets before! So impressive! There's even a variety of different juices on offer instead of the usual 3 you find elsewhere. They've really thought of everything and no one could possibly be left looking for more! The chefs even greeted all customers at the buffet counters! I'm in love with this cafe and can't wait to return! When checking out, again the gentlemen server was great providing such fantastic customer service! He was so cheery, friendly, uplifting and even comical. Just what we needed as we were sad having to leave. The only possible improvement I'd say the hotel needs to make, is regarding house keeping. We had requested a roll away bed upon booking and discovered it wasn't in the room. We phoned housekeeping & after a very long wait it finally arrived. We went to bath our toddler and had no bath plug. We phoned and requested one and again it was a really long wait to have one brought to us. Our toddler had fallen asleep and missed out on his bath. House keeping needs to be more organised/prompt. Perhaps more staff are needed? But that really was the only let downs, otherwise I highly recommend staying here!!!!!

Stayed February 2014
Dear jayla7
I am delighted to see that – with the exception of one area - we made such a positive impression for your fist visit and thank you so much for your great feedback. Really pleased you enjoyed the variety of food options in Cafe – we are very conscious of trying to cater for as many dietary requirements as possible and I’m sure our chefs will be thrilled to read your glowing review. I’m really sorry that the same couldn’t be said of our Housekeeping on this occasion – disappointing to note the rollaway oversight and the lengthy delays experienced; I will pass this on to our Housekeeping Manager so he can follow this up with his team. Despite this aspect, it’s great to see you can’t wait to return, particularly to Cafe, and we hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back.
Adam Myott, General Manger, Hyatt Regency Perth
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Typical Hyatt service, staff helpful and welcoming including back of house staff- this shows good and in depth leadership from management resulting in a better guest experience. The building is a bit dated and unlike their competitors they don't do a hot breakfast in the club lounge but the cont. brekky is very good.
The gym is small but well appointed and the pool surprisingly big. Business centre is well appointed and there are numerous function rooms.
The beds are very comfortable, rooms fairly quiet although plumbing a bit noisy. All in all a great stay, will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Rodkat
Good to see you experienced ‘the Hyatt touch’ during your visit and any thanks for your comments regarding our various facilities which are greatly appreciated. In keeping with our Regency brand we don’t actually provide a hot breakfast in the Regency Club Lounge, however arrangements can easily be made for guests who prefer this option to enjoy a full breakfast in our Cafe restaurant for a modest premium.
I am pleased you would choose to stay with us again, and we therefore look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location and excellent room service.

Stayed here for 2 nights in an excellent "Swan River" view room. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms were clean. I found staff friendly and prompt. We stayed at club floor room and used club services. Breakfast served was good and you can enjoy some of great variety of cookies available through out the day.
You can catch buses right from hotel's outside.Bus service is free for city Zoo, Kings Park and other areas close to hotel (Check CAT service route information).

Overall a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Don't miss a walk along Swan River.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rinki2014
Dear Rinki2014
Pleased to hear you spent a pleasant couple of days with us and thank you very much for your feedback. Good to see you were able to stay on our Regency Club level and no doubt you also enjoyed the view of our beautiful Swan River from the comfort of the Lounge.
I hope you will consider staying with us again should your future travels bring you back to our great city.