“Great stay will do this again”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed for four nights over Christmas which included Christmas dinner. Great Christmas feast was had by all. Grown up family group and everyone was well catered for and they now would like to do this every year! Staff all very efficient and helpful. Room quality excellent and hotel in a very convenient part of city with easy public transport access. Enjoyed coming to the city for a stay even though we live in the suburbs. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were over the entrance and was quiet 3 floors up.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Raydale
Many thanks for your feedback and I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your Christmas break with us; such a wonderful opportunity to get away from the home kitchen and just sit and relax together for a few days; great to see you are thinking of making this a new annual tradition and I hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your plans come to fruition.
My thanks once again for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here christmas and had the christmas lunch in the ballroom. The motel is nice and our room was nice . We did enjoy our christmas there , even though there was some small issues with unwelcoming staff and some initial requests not being met ie no mini bar please in the kids room. I could deal with all that. But after our stay we noticed extra charges on our credit card. It took them nearly a week to sort it out with a lot of "we will get back to you". And the way that they dealt with this and their attitude towards us has soured me on the hyatt. I think some customer service training would go a long way .

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tina W
Many thanks for letting me know of the follow up issues you experienced post-departure. It is very disappointing that something like this could spoil what otherwise seemed to be an enjoyable visit for you and your family. It’s important that queries such as yours be addressed straight away so as to avoid any possibility of a ‘sour taste’; I am sorry this was the case and will follow this up with our Finance team.
I hope you may still consider staying with us again on a future occasion.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Booked a suite to propose to my now fiancé and was upgraded to the presidential suite. The room and hotel were magnificent and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Had gorgeous drinks and canapés in Gershwins then a lovely dinner in Joes Oriental diner followed by champagne on the balcony watching new year's fireworks. Thank you so much to Hyatt and it's awesome staff - couldn't have been any better!!

Stayed: January 2014
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Peterfs
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for such a very special occasion – and congratulations to you and your fiancée on now being happily engaged! I am delighted that everything went so smoothly for you both and perhaps you will consider us as a possible venue for your wedding reception when plans for the big day get underway. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Spent eight nights at this hotel in a Regency Club room. The room was large, well furnished and maintained with the usual amenities. The excellent Club Lounge provided snacks and cocktails in the early evening as well as continental breakfast and light snacks throughout the day - service was excellent.

The hotel is situated within reasonable walking distance of the city centre and a variety of restaurants that the helpful concierge was prepared to recommend. Reception appeared rather impersonal but check in was efficient. The open plan ground floor with bar and cafe was airy and spacious.

Breakfast in the main restaurant was adequate. Could have done with a better selection of sliced fruit and bakery items. However, the hot food buffet was good.

Free internet throughout the hotel with good speed.

1  Thank cricketfan99

Dear cricketfan99
I am very pleased to note that as one of our long stay guests, you enjoyed the time you spent with us, particularly the added benefits of our Regency Club accommodation. I also appreciate your observations regarding the breakfast in our Café restaurant, which I’ll pass along to our Executive Chef.
Thank you again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated, and I hope you will consider staying with us again on a future visit to Perth.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt as we were attending a function there on a Saturday evening. Despite being on the first floor, the only noise we heard from the bar was the faint sound of the easy listening music from the pianist - which was very pleasant. Our room #118 faced onto Adelaide Terrace but outside noise was negligible. I think the rooms on the first floor were about to have an upgrade as there was numerous cartons of new furniture in the spacious foyer of the first floor. This foyer also serves as an art gallery with many and varied pieces on display. I would class the bathroom as 4 star - it still looks fine but just on the verge of getting a bit tired. The staff and facilities were great. The outside pool area on the first floor has the "wow" factor - a hidden gem - and the gym well equipped. The snack food in the conservatory bar was awesome - very generous portions. There is on site parking (for a small fee), This is my first stay at the Hyatt Perth, and I hope its not too long before I visit there again. Well done to all the staff for helping making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear jenapat
Good to see you took advantage of staying overnight after attending your function at the hotel and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We have indeed just completed a soft upgrade of our guest rooms on levels 1-5, adding new furniture and furnishings to bring them up to the same standard as those rooms on the higher floors. We are also currently reviewing plans for the next phase of refurbishment, when we hope to include upgrades to our bathrooms.
Many thanks for your great comments regarding our staff and facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I AM SOOOOO PLEASED WE DIDNT PAY FULL PRICE TO STAY HERE FOR THE TWO DAYS WE BOOKED! At check in we were not even acknowledged by any of the staff including the Front Desk manager for a full 20 minutes or more. Then when we're served it was less than ordinary. The girl attending us was not only shabby in her presentation but she had dirty marks on the lapel of her jacket, which when I pointed this out to her dismissed it with a wave of her hand and mumbled something about taking care of it later. As Platinum Members of Hyatt Club we expect a better standard of basic service from this chain. The room is boring - dull muted tones, the cleaning inconsistent, the globe above the bed out and clock not working. Also NO BATH! So we toddled off to the Club Lounge. No one checked our name or room number - which might explain why there were so many children literally running around. The noise can be heard from our room which is also on 8th floor - same as the Club Room - so no sleep in possible. The breakfast buffet was disgusting. Oily shiny smoked salmon, bruised and grubby - possibly unwashed strawberries and ROTTING COS LETTUCE! I sent the cos lettuce back to the kitchen and told them that it was a food safety issue to which I was greeted with a blank stare. My husband request a pot of hot water for his tea because the hot water dispensed from the machine was not boiling. It was delivered to him in a cup, and the strainer was the insert for a tea pot. The staff have lowest dress and presentation standards I have ever encounter in my 34 years of international travel. And this seems to reflect their morale and attitude. I'm terribly disappointed that the standards are so low. Frankly the hotel would be better of accepting fewer guests and caring for them properly than risk losing its reputation all together! 2/10 from me for this hotel! Never again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
5  Thank MaryAnnPerth

Dear MaryAnnPerth
Thank you for taking the time to let me have your feedback. As one of Hyatt’s Platinum Gold Passport members, we very much appreciate and value your loyalty in choosing to stay in our hotels; it is therefore extremely disappointing to note that your recent experience at our hotel fell considerably short of your expectations. Most of the issues you highlighted are clearly not in keeping with our normal standards - these will be addressed by our management team accordingly and I apologise for any inconvenience you may have been caused.
My thanks once again for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

A city hotel, a bit dated and not the slickest but the staff were all very friendly and went the extra mile for us. Great concierge in Josh and his team were excellent, Jamie and Daniel both gave good service in the Conservatory and Jackie and Margie in Housekeeping helped us out when we needed it. Thank you and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear pfromshipston
Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and many thanks for the excellent feedback regarding the level of service you received from our staff – I will certainly pass on your comments to the individuals you have singled out. Pleased to see that you would choose to stay with us again when you return to Perth and we look forward to welcoming you at that time.