“Old, very clean and friendly service”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Old, very clean and friendly service”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you're after a high end hotel that looks and feels luxurious - this hotel is not for you. In saying that, if you're on a work trip like we were, it's very clean, has very friendly staff and is in the centre of town.

The interior of the hotel public areas looks very impressive, with a huge lobby and statue in the centre. The rooms are very clean and modern-ish but the bathrooms are older. The exterior of the building is not very appealing.

The pool area could look a lot better with not much effort. The green astro-turf is a fail for a high-end hotel and there is a sad little 'used-to-be' bar that is closed all the time. Why not put a bar/cafe out there so it has some atmosphere?

My stay was great except for when I ordered a strong latte at the bar and was charged $7 for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Sydney_lodges
Many thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the comments you have made and it is good to note that in general you enjoyed your time with us. There is unfortunately little we can do regarding the hotel’s brick façade, however we are planning to make further improvements to our rooms as well as other areas of the hotel over the coming months – pleased to hear that you liked the sandstone water fountain feature in the centre of our atrium lobby. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Livermore, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was my first trip to Perth and yes I would return..
I paid $269.00 for one night, The room was very nice & clean..
After our 19 hour plane ride we just wanted to SLEEP....... So we didn't eat at the hotel
or have any spa treatment..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mrstravelbug_12
Pleased to hear that, although brief, your time with us was spent relaxing and catching up on much needed sleep after such a long flight. Hopefully you will consider staying with us again when you can enjoy a longer visit and get to experience more of our facilities and services.
sydney
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

as a reasonably frequent guest at the perth hyatt, it once again this stay is a kind of strange, neither great nor bad experience. my room, with a view over the roof of the adjacent building to the river , is perfectly fine. dinner from Joe's Diner was tasty and prompt. even got someone to iron a shirt for my meetings tomorrow, back in a couple of hours. but i think the problem is the obviously temp staff at check in - utterly clueless, have no discretion nor ability to make a decision about anything. perhaps it really is that hard to get good staff in WA. be assured, this is a comfortable and pleasant hotel, it just lacks any pizzazz, any sense of being enjoyable, unlike hyatt melbourne , which always opens the check in conversation with a " welcome back, nice to see you" the perth hyatt reception always seems shocked that anyone has arrived, and no recognition for any , many , prior stays, small annoyances, yes, but when the room rates are still 50% more than comp. hotels in sydney and melbourne, you might hope all that excess revenue might be spent, even in a small way, on providing a better guest experience....

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear PeterDorrian
As a regular guest of ours I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and I am concerned to note your experience with us to date has been somewhat ‘average’, particularly in respect of your interaction with some of our staff. I’ll certainly follow this up with my team as our main focus is to ensure we provide authentic hospitality and a great experience for everyone that stays with us. I hope you will choose to stay with us when you are next in Perth.
Attadale, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Having tried most of the hotels in perth, I find that this is consistently one of the best options.

Good location near the river, albeit at the quiet end of town.

Good selection of restaurants and bars.

Nice room, although lacking warmth.

Few complaints other than the fact that the plumbing system is noisy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peter B
Many thanks for your feedback, it’s good to know that you enjoy staying with us and have been able to experience the various facilities we have to offer. Sorry for the noise disturbance – our Engineering team are looking at ways to minimise this. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Perth
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Took advantage of a special that the hotel were offering.
Included good credit for $99 in the rate of $199.
Ate in Joes Diner,the food and service were really good.
Downside was breakfast in the hotel cafe,hot food kept under lamps tended to be lukewarm.very pleasant stay,would do it again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin H
Dear Martin H
Great to see that you took advantage of one of our weekend specials, however disappointing to note that breakfast in Cafe didn’t live up to the rest of your experience; I’ll let our Executive Chef know. Pleased to note that you would choose to stay with us again and we therefore look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Perth
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I decided on a one night stay at the Hyatt Perth. We found the stay comfortable and service reasonable. The room was fine, however, the bathroom is tired. Upon check out after my wife paid the account I was advised my Visa had previously been debited over $300 by the hotel without my approval or signature and I would receive a credit back in several days. I asked for an explanation which was treated with indifference by the check out reception staff member. I left my details for the Hyatt customer relations manager to call me to explain why the hotel had a practice of charging a guests Visa account without prior advice or approval. We were given an unfriendly goodbye from reception and I have not been contacted by the Hyatt customer relations manager.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sjbsteven
Dear sjbsteven
Thank you very much for your feedback. Clearly you experienced some issues during your visit and I am very sorry that to date there has been no follow up. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you and would therefore ask you to please email me on hrperth.gm@hyatt.com and let me have your contact details.
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked a suit hoping it might be comfortable but it was furnished like a teenagers rental home. It was sparse, ridiculously under furnished and odd. I would just book a normal room in future. The exec club lounge is very worthwhile

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Regularhotelient
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry you were disappointed with the accommodation on this occasion; we do have several styles of suites available however, I acknowledge the comments made and have passed them to our Director of Rooms for his information. Pleased to hear that you enjoyed the benefits of the Regency Club Lounge and hope you will consider staying with us again on a future occasion.