“Good but not a luxury Hyatt.”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed March 4, 2013

When travelling for business I want a big comfortable bed, a TV and a nice bathroom. The Hyatt ticks the first box - a very comfortable king size bed and excellent pillows! In fact the best pillows I've come across (and I travel every week for work). The bathroom was very average - a tiny shower/bath combo, 3 star hotel standard or less. No view to speak of. Given that I will be travelling to Perth a lot, I'm loathe to rebook - I feel sure (and having looked at other pictures) that not all rooms are the same (mine was a Deluxe King) and perhaps there are renovated rooms but overall the hotel seems quite dated. It is nice but nothing special and the staff were courteous, bathroom products are lovely but for over $300 a night the room seemed expensive. All in all, my stay met expectations but was not luxurious (ie 5 stars).

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with a renovated bathroom, and a view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mlleruby
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Mlleruby,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. We value all feedback as it assists in where we can make improvements to ensure each guest has a positive experience. It is pleasing to know you were comfortable in your room and enjoyed the interaction with our friendly staff and please be assured your concerns regarding the bathroom will be duly noted.
Given the unique layout of the hotel, guest rooms and suites have different views ranging from the Swan River, CBD or Darling Ranges. We offer a variety of room types ranging from a Hyatt King Room, Deluxe King, River View King and number of rooms on the Regency level with access to the Regency Club Lounge. We encourage you to make your preference on room type known at the time of reservation and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon, so you are able to enjoy a true Hyatt experience.
General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Write a ReviewReviews (2,532)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was impressed - our company has a Perth office and no one told me this was a clear winner - well, I think it is. Room was very comfortable and quiet, staff always attentive - I would definitely return. Had a meeting at the Hilton and it was old/small/claustrophobic. This place is large and nicely appointed. Had dinner in the buffet restaurant 3 nights and it was excellent, especially the main course (lamb, steak & pork). Don't miss the smoked salmon and the sticky date pudding. This will be my first choice for business in Perth. I took the bus each morning to the CDB, very easy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pegomh

Dear pegomh,
Thank you for your kind feedback. It is extremely pleasing to know you enjoyed your stay and dinner in our award winning restaurant, Cafe. It’s great to hear you tried the Sticky Date Pudding, this is somewhat of a signature dish at Café and I will certainly pass this positive feedback onto our talented chefs at Cafe. We are fortunate that we are able to provide guests with such spacious facilities and well-appointed rooms. We’re also pleased that as from January this year, we’re able to offer complimentary internet for all in-house guests as from January this year. For your next stay, you may be interested to know that the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD every weekday morning until 10am. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

For a hotel, the most important thing is the bed comfortable or not. Unquestionably,HAYTT's king size bed do a good job. And the room is clean and tidy. As a business tour, I could't expect more. Average breakfast & good service. Different restaurant & cafe. And the location is good. Close to the swam river and queens gardens. 20mins walk to the perth CBD from hotel or take the free"cat bus" from the queens gardens station.

舒适的房间简洁的内饰。酒店的大堂以及走廊的艺术品增色不少。令人满意的入住体验。酒店餐饮中上水平,价格并不比外面餐厅的价格高。地理位置优越,临近天鹅湖,附近便利店饭馆咖啡厅齐全。周边景色也值得漫步浏览一番。距市中心步行20分钟,还有免费的cat bus可以乘坐。赞一个

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yeah713713

Dear yeah713713,
We appreciate your feedback and positive comments regarding your recent stay. It’s fantastic that you found the rooms to be comfortable and enjoyed dining at the restaurants and bars. We hope you were also able to make use of some of the other hotel facilities such as the heated outdoor pool, tennis court and fitness court. You may also be interested to know that the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD every weekday morning until 10am and the TransPerth buses stop outside the hotel on Adelaide Terrace and are free to travel on into the CBD.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I decided to book to stay here for an overnight stay. Lovely hotel, a lovely room.

The lady up on check in had a slight problem finding reservation, but fixed it a few minutes later, not a problem though. She gave us a room upgrade, which was fantastic, since we already got the room at a discounted price! The lady was friendly, and all staff that I encounted were nice.

The bed was lovely, the pillows were quite firm to my liking. The room was nice, nespresso machine was a bonus! The view was nice looking down on Adelaide Terrace, and the pool area. The room was well kept.

Checkout was quick and friendly. Although, up on checkout ask for cash back (regarding the bond). I'm still waiting for the bond to appear on my card!

Will be coming back for sure.

1  Thank jrobby
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We landed at 6am in Perth and got to the hotel just after 7am. We had a tour to rush to that morning and really wanted to freshen up. Initially they refused to check us in (as expected), claiming there was no room with king bed (as per our booking) available. Even though we said we do not mind twin beds, they maintained there was no room available and even if there was, they will charge us an additional half day's rate. I asked if they can at least let us use a room to freshen up first but they still said no. At this point my friend was getting annoyed. After much to and fro, they finally relented and went to check with the manager. Thankfully the manager said yes!

Other than the initial standard response from the reception staff regarding early check-in that didn't seem empathetic, they were really approachable and helpful when it comes to other requests and providing information.

The room decor was typical of a chain hotel. There is free wifi in room which was a big plus! Oh and there were complimentary water provided as well. We didn't like the smell of the toiletries provided, thought it smelt like dishwashing liquid or Jif!

We did not use the hotel's gym or pool so can't comment.

I had room service one evening. Food and wine were good, price was about the same as dining in a restaurant.

Location wise...the hotel is located alittle off the CBD center but there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel where one can board any bus service to get to the center and is free. Or if you prefer a walk, it is a 10-15min walk. Itis a couple minutes walk to Swan River.

There are a few cafes near the hotel which offers good breakfast/coffee options if you are not having breakfast in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NomadicLass
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We recently stayed here for a week whilst holidaying in Perth for the first time. We stayed on the Executive level, and were thrilled with the service that we received in the lounge, the staff made our stay really special and welcomed us each evening. Nothing was too much trouble.

We enjoyed the courtesy vehicle into the town centre on a couple of occasions, however there is a bus stop is outside the hotel and the regular public transport is free. We found staff throughout the hotel eager to help and very pleasant.

Only one problem, we asked to be moved to a river view room after the first night, which was fine, but the girl on the desk gave us a room on a lower floor, which meant we couldnt enjoy the benefits of the lounge, which we had paid for. She told us it was either the view or the lounge. I told her that this was unacceptable and she fixed it, but that did mar an otherwise excellent stay.'

Beautiful hotel, comfy bed, luxury toiletries. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear auspal,
Thank you for posting feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and made the most of the Regency Club Lounge and our complimentary shuttle service to the CBD. We are fortunate to have a fantastic team of staff here and it’s very pleasing to know your interaction with them was so positive – I will be sure to pass this feedback on to them.
I apologise for the inconvenience you encountered when changing your room to a River View Guest Room and I’m very glad to hear the issue was rectified promptly so you could fully enjoy the remainder of your stay. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Adam Myott,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I like this hotel. Has a great open foyer with an obelisk and fountains. Looks impressive. Nice room with all the amenities. I enjoyed the swimming pool area with a shaded area for the sun loungers.

Negatives:
1. The queue for breakfast on Sunday morning stretched nearly to the lifts some 20 or so unhappy guests at a time. I jumped in and cleared my own table but it disappoints me that a hotel of this standard who know how many guests they have got and know they will all be down for breakfast don't make plans to have sufficient staff on to handle the situation.
2. On Sunday afternoon at around three the swimming pool was overrun with families with small kids, presumably local members of the health club, to the detriment of the guests enjoyment. You couldn't swing a koala let alone get in the pool.

Good location for the free buses into town and I must say it's a lovely city. If I am ever fortunate enough to return I would stay again but get up for breakfast at 7.00 am!!

Room Tip: Get one overlooking the pool and river at the back of the property.

Dear DELLAMAY,
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. While it’s fantastic to hear that overall you enjoyed your experience, please be assured your concerns regarding the waiting time for breakfast at Cafe have been passed on to the management team and measures will be put in place so we can avoid this happening in the future.
I’d also like to address your comment regarding the poolside area which you found to be extremely busy. External guests do not have access to the pool and although it is a very spacious area, you may have been there at a time of very high occupancy in the hotel. For your next stay, you may also be interested to know that the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD every weekday morning. I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel one day in the near future.
Adam Myott,