“Helpful staff”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My main reason for choosing the Hyatt was for the comfortable beds. Countless times I have slept badly in rock hard hotel beds. The Hyatts I have stayed in have the best beds yet. I always sleep soundly.
On arriving at 2 a.m. After a long flight. We were greeted by a courteous and helpful porter and welcoming front desk staff, which was a pleasant relief. Throughout our short stay they kept up their standard. The only gripe I have was with the housekeeping staff. On arrival I noticed there was no tea or milk available in the room. Initially I ignored it, as it was a minor thing and after pointing it out to the front desk the following morning it was sorted. However that same day we returned around 8p.m. from a saunter around Perth to find that the room had not been made up, so obviously housekeeping had not been in again ! I didnotcomplain because we were only there for a short time and it wasn't really a big deal for us. However, I certainly would have been more irritated if we had booked in for longer, after all this service is covered in the room charge. So I have only given 3 points for cleanliness; not because it was dirty but because the job had not been done.

The main decor in the lobby area is somewhat drab, but, more importantly, we were very happy with our room, It was a very good, comfortable size. Although we had little housekeeping service the porters and front desk staff offered a high standard of service.

The hotel is located at the far end of Adelaide Terrace and it is quite a walk into the centre of town,but that is really not an issue as Perth offers a regular free bus service, with a bus stop outside the hotel

In summary we were overall happy with our stay and would return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear sakss
I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially as you were celebrating a special occasion, and really appreciate the excellent feedback regarding our staff and facilities. We offer special accommodation packages throughout the year and hope you will be able to take advantage of one of these again before too long.
Best regards,
Adam Myott
General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is probably now one of my favourite hotels in Perth in terms of value for money and service. It's nothing too flash but I found all of the staff to be very friendly, the service to be fast and courteous and food to be great, especially the breakfast buffet. The location is a little bit out of the way if you need to do business on St George's terrace but the walk was probably good for me. The rooms are clean and well appointed plus a little larger than the average room. Overall a very comfortable and friendly place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Mike K
Many thanks for posting your review, I really appreciate your feedback regarding our staff and overall facilities. Also, not wishing to put a stop to your morning exercise, just so you are aware, the hotel runs a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD Monday – Friday between 7-10an; you might want to take advantage of this particularly during the wet weather.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for work and found this to be a very appropriate hotel for a business trip. I didn't get out around the area as I was constantly driving out to different parts of Perth but my impression was that its in a bit of a quiet area...not much around in terms of coffee shops or restaurants...but not more than a ten minute walk away in any case.

Getting cabs was no problem and the staff were very helpful and obliging.

The room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable. Its a typical hotel room...no personality...but some people like that.

For some reason they don't supply conditioner alongside the shampoo....glad I had some with me! Again with the very expensive wifi though! $30/day is just too much. But considering I had low expectations (Perth is known for high prices and low quality) I was very happy with the choice to book me in here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear ratl
I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly thank you for your feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our product and are currently reviewing how we can further enhance the general ambience of the hotel. As you say the hotel is not too far away from the CBD and there is a lot of new and exciting development taking place in the area at the moment, with new Cafes and restaurants forming an integral part of that. I would also like to advise for future reference that to assist guests, particularly our business clients, the hotel operates a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD Monday to Friday between 7-10am, which you may find useful on your next visit.

Sorry that there was no conditioner in your room – we do provide this as part of our bathroom amenities and I have passed this to our Housekeeping Manager to follow up. I am also pleased to advise that we are currently upgrading our internet bandwidth and reviewing the way in which we provide wireless and cable internet; as part of this.
Many thanks once again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

stayed for 3 days at the Hyatt staying on the 8th floor Club section. The rooms were very very comfortable and reasonably clean, more attention could be placed on some of the of the cleaning. There was dust on the glass shelves, the Voss water bottle was covered in gunk, wouldn't drink from it, water splats on the bathroom floor when we arrived.The club lounge was ok, but nothing special, we have stayed at a few club floors from Singapore (Oriental was the best ever to other 4 and 5 star establishments ( in Scarborough) and in Perth itself, that served better drinks and much better quality canapes. Breakfast in the Club Lounge was ok, same as you could do at home, no hot meals are available except toast or muffins. Some other Club Lounges even have a cocktail menu to choose from. The poor waiter looked like a deer in a cars headlights when i asked what cocktail he could make for me. When 8 pm came it was time to get out of the way for the rush of the trolley to collect the food and drinks to close the drinks bar and canape table, there was a sense of utmost urgency. Maybe management should do a secret recon and see what happens. The club floor staff should spend more time on the floor looking after the guests rather than hiding in the kitchen. Will stay stay there again, was pleasant enough. Staff were very polite and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear lovetoeatinalbany

Many thanks for the feedback you have provided. I was pleased to note that in general you enjoyed your time with us, however certainly appreciate the points you highlighted. Cleanliness is of paramount important throughout the hotel and we have therefore brought this to the attention of our Housekeeping Manager for his information and follow up.

In terms of the Club Lounge, whilst hot food and cocktails are not currently options that we offer as part of the Hyatt Regency brand, we are always keen to find ways in which we can improve our guests’ experience and are in fact actively reviewing what can be done to enhance the current offerings.

Once again my thanks for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked at one night stay the hyatt and upoun arrival was advised we had been upgraded, and boy did they upgrade us. We ended up with a corner suite on the 8th floor with magnificent views and luxury. Being on the 8th floor we were entitled to their executive lounge, which was amazing and free, pre dinner drinks and canapes, (yummy) and a lovely breakfast. The staff were lovely and really helpful, I was really impressed seeing as the Hotel had a major function on that night, you would not have known it, The staff carry themselves with finesse. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear beachyqueen79
I was delighted to receive your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay. We like to surprise our guests with these ‘Hyatt touches’ whenever we can and I’m so pleased you enjoyed the upgrade to our Regency Club level and the additional facilities available to you.
We look forward to welcoming you back before too long.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in downtown Perth, but it is a little bit out of the CBD. This wasn't a problem as there are tons of free buses that run into the CBD from right in front of the hotel. The staff here were fantastic. They were cheerful, helpful and efficient during our 5 night stay. The rooms were pretty clean, they need to do a little more dusting, but overall very comfortable and we would definitely stay here again.
The one thing that wasn't great was breakfast, which was very slow. The food was good, it just took awhile to get it. This may have been due to the fact that it was Father's Day.

Dear McGreen403
Thank you very much for your great feedback, we were really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. Just to let you know for future reference, in addition to the complimentary buses that run within the CBD, the hotel also operates its own city shuttle service Monday – Friday between 7-10am, departing from the main entrance by the Bell Desk.
Sorry to hear that breakfast service was a bit slow on this occasion– I’ve passed this to our Director of Food & Beverage so he can follow this up with the team.
Many thanks once again for taking the time to let us know about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in Perth.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 days at the Hyatt Regency Perth and were very pleased with the service we received. The rooms were very clean, comfortable with lovely views over the pool, tennis court and the Swan River. Booking in was efficient and the staff very pleasant to deal with and took time to give us a room with a view. Peter, the concierge booked both our airport transfers and a cruise along the Swan River, nothing was too much trouble. We dined at their main restaurant the first night and had the option of a la carte or buffet (around $55), two nights we had drinks and snacks in the main lobby area for dinner, a good option if you have been out all day, a most enjoyable experience with great staff and one night room service - no complaints. I really can't understand anyone being negative about the staff as we found all very pleasant, courteous and efficient - especially reception and the concierge. There is room for improvement for breakfast in the main restaurant. The pool was closed for maintence which was a little disappointing but didn't worry us too much. Yes you do pay for service, but believe me it was well worth it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 621! Go for the higher floors!