“'Beige' with no personality but good for business trip”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed 2 nights for work and found this to be a very appropriate hotel for a business trip. I didn't get out around the area as I was constantly driving out to different parts of Perth but my impression was that its in a bit of a quiet area...not much around in terms of coffee shops or restaurants...but not more than a ten minute walk away in any case.

Getting cabs was no problem and the staff were very helpful and obliging.

The room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable. Its a typical hotel room...no personality...but some people like that.

For some reason they don't supply conditioner alongside the shampoo....glad I had some with me! Again with the very expensive wifi though! $30/day is just too much. But considering I had low expectations (Perth is known for high prices and low quality) I was very happy with the choice to book me in here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear ratl
I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly thank you for your feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our product and are currently reviewing how we can further enhance the general ambience of the hotel. As you say the hotel is not too far away from the CBD and there is a lot of new and exciting development taking place in the area at the moment, with new Cafes and restaurants forming an integral part of that. I would also like to advise for future reference that to assist guests, particularly our business clients, the hotel operates a complimentary shuttle service to the CBD Monday to Friday between 7-10am, which you may find useful on your next visit.

Sorry that there was no conditioner in your room – we do provide this as part of our bathroom amenities and I have passed this to our Housekeeping Manager to follow up. I am also pleased to advise that we are currently upgrading our internet bandwidth and reviewing the way in which we provide wireless and cable internet; as part of this.
Many thanks once again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Perth.
Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Write a ReviewReviews (2,567)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

stayed for 3 days at the Hyatt staying on the 8th floor Club section. The rooms were very very comfortable and reasonably clean, more attention could be placed on some of the of the cleaning. There was dust on the glass shelves, the Voss water bottle was covered in gunk, wouldn't drink from it, water splats on the bathroom floor when we arrived.The club lounge was ok, but nothing special, we have stayed at a few club floors from Singapore (Oriental was the best ever to other 4 and 5 star establishments ( in Scarborough) and in Perth itself, that served better drinks and much better quality canapes. Breakfast in the Club Lounge was ok, same as you could do at home, no hot meals are available except toast or muffins. Some other Club Lounges even have a cocktail menu to choose from. The poor waiter looked like a deer in a cars headlights when i asked what cocktail he could make for me. When 8 pm came it was time to get out of the way for the rush of the trolley to collect the food and drinks to close the drinks bar and canape table, there was a sense of utmost urgency. Maybe management should do a secret recon and see what happens. The club floor staff should spend more time on the floor looking after the guests rather than hiding in the kitchen. Will stay stay there again, was pleasant enough. Staff were very polite and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear lovetoeatinalbany

Many thanks for the feedback you have provided. I was pleased to note that in general you enjoyed your time with us, however certainly appreciate the points you highlighted. Cleanliness is of paramount important throughout the hotel and we have therefore brought this to the attention of our Housekeeping Manager for his information and follow up.

In terms of the Club Lounge, whilst hot food and cocktails are not currently options that we offer as part of the Hyatt Regency brand, we are always keen to find ways in which we can improve our guests’ experience and are in fact actively reviewing what can be done to enhance the current offerings.

Once again my thanks for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked at one night stay the hyatt and upoun arrival was advised we had been upgraded, and boy did they upgrade us. We ended up with a corner suite on the 8th floor with magnificent views and luxury. Being on the 8th floor we were entitled to their executive lounge, which was amazing and free, pre dinner drinks and canapes, (yummy) and a lovely breakfast. The staff were lovely and really helpful, I was really impressed seeing as the Hotel had a major function on that night, you would not have known it, The staff carry themselves with finesse. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear beachyqueen79
I was delighted to receive your excellent feedback regarding your recent stay. We like to surprise our guests with these ‘Hyatt touches’ whenever we can and I’m so pleased you enjoyed the upgrade to our Regency Club level and the additional facilities available to you.
We look forward to welcoming you back before too long.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a very nice hotel in downtown Perth, but it is a little bit out of the CBD. This wasn't a problem as there are tons of free buses that run into the CBD from right in front of the hotel. The staff here were fantastic. They were cheerful, helpful and efficient during our 5 night stay. The rooms were pretty clean, they need to do a little more dusting, but overall very comfortable and we would definitely stay here again.
The one thing that wasn't great was breakfast, which was very slow. The food was good, it just took awhile to get it. This may have been due to the fact that it was Father's Day.

Dear McGreen403
Thank you very much for your great feedback, we were really pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. Just to let you know for future reference, in addition to the complimentary buses that run within the CBD, the hotel also operates its own city shuttle service Monday – Friday between 7-10am, departing from the main entrance by the Bell Desk.
Sorry to hear that breakfast service was a bit slow on this occasion– I’ve passed this to our Director of Food & Beverage so he can follow this up with the team.
Many thanks once again for taking the time to let us know about your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you are in Perth.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 days at the Hyatt Regency Perth and were very pleased with the service we received. The rooms were very clean, comfortable with lovely views over the pool, tennis court and the Swan River. Booking in was efficient and the staff very pleasant to deal with and took time to give us a room with a view. Peter, the concierge booked both our airport transfers and a cruise along the Swan River, nothing was too much trouble. We dined at their main restaurant the first night and had the option of a la carte or buffet (around $55), two nights we had drinks and snacks in the main lobby area for dinner, a good option if you have been out all day, a most enjoyable experience with great staff and one night room service - no complaints. I really can't understand anyone being negative about the staff as we found all very pleasant, courteous and efficient - especially reception and the concierge. There is room for improvement for breakfast in the main restaurant. The pool was closed for maintence which was a little disappointing but didn't worry us too much. Yes you do pay for service, but believe me it was well worth it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 621! Go for the higher floors!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear lozjules

Many thanks for your great feedback regarding your recent stay, it was good to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your comment regarding the Cafe breakfast and have passed this on to our Executive Chef so he can follow this up with his team. With regards to the pool, I am sorry it wasn’t available during your visit, however we really needed to get some important maintenance work done prior to the warmer summer months; I am pleased to advise that the work has gone according to schedule and it is due to be up and running again from next Monday.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed in a club room at the Hyatt for a weekend birthday celebration. The club rooms are luxurious, well appointed and comfortable. The Club lounge has wonderful views and both the breakfast and evening drinks/canapés are lovely. Staff are friendly and helpful. We will stay here again!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear CSCS Perth
Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. It was good to note that you enjoyed your stay – particularly as it was for a special occasion – and we look forward to welcoming you back again before too long.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here for two months. Rooms are fine but nothing special. Regency lounge is excellent - great breakfast and evening canapes/drinks. But the general staff! Everyone at the front desk needs an attitude lobotomy and seems generally incompetent and/or bound by internal procedure - the only way to get anything done is to go straight to the manager (who is usually pretty good).

Oh, and they lost my dry cleaning, stalled on it for about a week, finally compensated me cash...and then placed the compensation amount on my bill and charged my credit card. Well played, Hyatt.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear fayfox
Many thanks for your feedback, which is greatly appreciated. It certainly sounds like we let you down in a couple of areas and I would therefore welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments in more detail with you. If this is something you would also be interested in, could I please ask you to send me an email with your preferred contact details to: hyatt.perth@hatt.com Attention General Manager. I look forward to hearing from you.