“Great location and hotel”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
“Great location and hotel”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 days at the Hyatt Regency Perth and were very pleased with the service we received. The rooms were very clean, comfortable with lovely views over the pool, tennis court and the Swan River. Booking in was efficient and the staff very pleasant to deal with and took time to give us a room with a view. Peter, the concierge booked both our airport transfers and a cruise along the Swan River, nothing was too much trouble. We dined at their main restaurant the first night and had the option of a la carte or buffet (around $55), two nights we had drinks and snacks in the main lobby area for dinner, a good option if you have been out all day, a most enjoyable experience with great staff and one night room service - no complaints. I really can't understand anyone being negative about the staff as we found all very pleasant, courteous and efficient - especially reception and the concierge. There is room for improvement for breakfast in the main restaurant. The pool was closed for maintence which was a little disappointing but didn't worry us too much. Yes you do pay for service, but believe me it was well worth it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 621! Go for the higher floors!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear lozjules

Many thanks for your great feedback regarding your recent stay, it was good to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate your comment regarding the Cafe breakfast and have passed this on to our Executive Chef so he can follow this up with his team. With regards to the pool, I am sorry it wasn’t available during your visit, however we really needed to get some important maintenance work done prior to the warmer summer months; I am pleased to advise that the work has gone according to schedule and it is due to be up and running again from next Monday.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your views and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to our hotel in the near future.

Adam Myott, General Manager, Hyatt Regency Perth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a club room at the Hyatt for a weekend birthday celebration. The club rooms are luxurious, well appointed and comfortable. The Club lounge has wonderful views and both the breakfast and evening drinks/canapés are lovely. Staff are friendly and helpful. We will stay here again!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear CSCS Perth
Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. It was good to note that you enjoyed your stay – particularly as it was for a special occasion – and we look forward to welcoming you back again before too long.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here for two months. Rooms are fine but nothing special. Regency lounge is excellent - great breakfast and evening canapes/drinks. But the general staff! Everyone at the front desk needs an attitude lobotomy and seems generally incompetent and/or bound by internal procedure - the only way to get anything done is to go straight to the manager (who is usually pretty good).

Oh, and they lost my dry cleaning, stalled on it for about a week, finally compensated me cash...and then placed the compensation amount on my bill and charged my credit card. Well played, Hyatt.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear fayfox
Many thanks for your feedback, which is greatly appreciated. It certainly sounds like we let you down in a couple of areas and I would therefore welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments in more detail with you. If this is something you would also be interested in, could I please ask you to send me an email with your preferred contact details to: hyatt.perth@hatt.com Attention General Manager. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Sept for a weekend when my daughter and me went to see Annie.

Emailed before hand to make sure all would run smoothly and as a result of this email found out the pool was out of service for a few weeks for maintenance.

This wasn't advised at the time of booking and the temp controlled pool was 1 of the main reasons the Hyatt was chosen.

However the Manager Foo Loong went out of his way to offer an alternative which was greatly accepted - this effort at least showed that they tried to offer a compromise.

Buffet breakkie was gd and front desk helpful.

rOom service latte was off the mark coming only half full but overall the family would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear true_blu_adelaide
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Once again, I’m really sorry for the lack of prior notice regarding the swimming pool closure, which had to be closed for urgent maintenance work that needed to be carried out as soon as possible; we certainly take your comments on board and will ensure better communication processes are in place for future works of this nature. I’m very pleased that Foo was able to help you access an alternative venue on this occasion and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Perth.
FRENCH IN BERWICK
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked a suite regency room, very big and bright. with all trimming of the club rooms.breakast and pre-dinner drinks and appetizer was excellent with great view of the Swan river on the top floors.
very friendly staff. and very clean all around.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear FUFUBOBBY
Thank you for your feedback, which is greatly appreciated. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Perth.
Esperance, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt for one night with my mum who is very particular.The minute we pulled up in the taxi and our luggage was taken care of by two boys I knew it was going to be okay.Check in was easy. Ordered room service which turned out a good choice - mum is a very strict vegetarian but found a meal she enjoyed for a change.The next day we went shopping after being shown by another boy how to catch the free bus out the front. We were happy to come back early to the Hyatt and relax in the lounge with the elephants before we went to the airport.Feels like coming home after walking around Perth. Also I lost my gold bangle but rang up the Hyatt on the off- chance and a lovely lady from housekeeping had found it for me so 5 stars from me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bobs farm
Reviewed September 15, 2012

You might be surprised to hear that in the 'engine room' of the Australian economy; Perth, (the capital city of Western Australia and the regional centre of Australia's 'mining boom') there is a paucity of decent accommodation. Don't get me wrong, Perth is a gorgeous city; but it's always been a 'town'. Something the locals hate to be told. It is very remote (Singapore is closer that Sydney- Australia is very big), and it is separated from the rest of Australia by a seriously big desert; not kilometers of civilisation, or Tuscany, or similar. Perth has always been, therefore, and remains, quite provincial.

Having annoyed all my Western Australian friends, I repeat; there are no really good hotels in Perth, just some 'pubs'. And the Hyatt Regency is one of them.

I would like to praise the staff; they are most friendly and do their best; except the cocierge guy who has spent years begrudging me a bloody newspaper. Every bloody time. I'm not asking you to cut off your own hand, for God's Sake! But check-in are very good and most accommodating.

The design of the building is a little unusual; it has the floors and rooms arranged around an enormous atrium which entends the full height of the building. Sounds quite clever, on paper. However.... This is possibly the 'poshest' hotel in Perth, and as such is in high demand for the best weddings and social events in the city. There is therefore something on at the Hyatt every Friday and Saturday night.....The noise from the celebrations and music just echoes up said atrium. Higher is better, tucked away in a corner of the building is better. It can otherwise become annoyingly loud at 1:00am.

The decore and standard of the rooms has improved dramatically in the last twelve months; apparently, after an extensive time on the market, the hotel has new owners. It shows. The state of the properity was becoming quite poor. It is much, much better.

There is a pretty average and small gym (but, don't worry, walking along the adjacent Swan river is an absolute pleasure) and before-mentioned-foyer bar is OK, despite being one of the better in Perth. :-) . Unfortunately room service is very average; you end up ordering something you don't want, because the choices are not quite right; or silly. If I wanted to spend a fortune on some-gold-plated lamb from an Alpine valley in New Zealand, I wouldn't be having bloody 'room service', would I? I'd be at a decent restaurant with polite company. So you end up with an unsatisfying stodge-burger and fries... I do, unfortunately have to add the down-stairs restaurant; 'Trader Joe's' is rubbish. This eating establishment calls itself 'Asian', but I could do better with a jar from a supermarket. Unless eating from a cardboard box from the 'frozen-food' section is your idea of sophistication, don't go here.

If you are planning on a 'once-in-a-life-time' event; don't go to the Hyatt- or almost anywhere else in Perth. If you are a native of Western Australia and think I'm very rude; do please think about going to Singapore instead....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gonze_from_Oz
AdamMyott, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Perth, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Gonze_from_Oz
Many thanks for taking the time to share your views and it’s good to note that you think Perth is a gorgeous city – as do we. It was also great to learn that you enjoyed the friendly service you received from our staff and that you believe the renovations we have been gradually undertaking have improved the property over the past year. This is an ongoing process and we will continue to introduce further enhancements over the coming months. Sorry to note the regular issues you seem to have had with newspaper delivery – we’ll look into that for you. Likewise, we are always looking to provide a high quality product to our guests, so your observations regarding Room Service and Joe’s are appreciated and will be passed onto our culinary team.