“Old and Dated”

Hyatt Regency Perth
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Perth
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Totally agree that this hotel is far below what is expected of an international 5 star hotel. The hotel is so dated and really needs a make-over.

There is a pool and sauna. It is a good 10-15 min walk into the city centre.

Spend your money elsewhere!

Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank notshy
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Perth

Reviewed October 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed two nights it was simply terrible.The room was small and had no river view as stated as we were put on the 3rd floor. The first night I was woken up by slamming doors due to patrons above having a domestic. The toilet was dirty and on the seconed day I noticed a bottle of water placed on desk by maid.When booking out they invoiced us $9 for water we never drank the cleaning staff obviously forgot to place water on desk the first day! My husband forgot to take his phone charger out of room we rang and the staff were no help at all so we had to buy another one! Then the additional cost of carparking of $15 was the icing on the cake It put a real damper on our trip away from our children. We arrived home feeling ript off and tired!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank GracieMelbourne
Reviewed October 10, 2007

I stayed here with my family for 1 night as Hyatts are my favorite hotels and I'm a Platinum member.
This property was nothing like a good Hyatt, it was awful. When we arrived in our car the concierge staff seemed disinterested and bored, like customers were a nuisance. The check in was nothing special, not rude but more like a backpackers, not like a Hyatt!
The hotel position is OK, close to the river, but a 15 minute walk to the 'centre' of Perth. The hotel is quite large and low rise and built with four wings. The view from our rooms were atrocious, just a busy road.
The rooms were quite spacious, but tired and dirty with the shower screen broken and dirt and dust everywhere, only superficially cleaned.
The TV was an old CRT type and far too small to be comfortably viewed unless you sat next to it.
The buffet breakfast was nothing special. Although there were quite a few people there was little variety on offer, totally out of tune with other Hyatts I've stayed at.
When we checked out, we were overcharged on the valet parking, room rate and the buffet breakfast. Yes, overcharged on 3 items for a one night stay! We entered the restaraunt and signed the bill, but at checkout the amount had increased 6 fold.
I found it hard to believe that this was a 'mistake' as when I questioned it, it was altered immediately without question.
The girl who served me on checkout seemed that she would rather have been elsewhere, not welcoming or friendly at all.
I got the impression that this hotel was poorly managed, as other Hyatts are usually of an excellent standard with staff who are normally very helpful. I wouldn't recommended unless you get a great deal!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank GlobetrotterJSH
Reviewed August 16, 2007

I thought the elevator in this hotel was a time machine, as when I got out on the 3rd floor and made my way to my suite, I felt like I had been transported back to the 80's. The room was tired and in need of a complete refit. There was a broken glass in the draw of the mini bar cabinet, and the bed in the room appeared to have seen better days, it was completely sagged on one side, just as well it was only me in the room. I ordered room service, and was looking forward to a tasty burger, instead I got a lump of grey slimey meat, teaming with ONIONS, the kind of burger you get in a budget freezer shop, not a 4* hotel. I could have got a better quality burger down the road in McDonald's for a fraction of the price.

When I checked out the following morning, I was looking forward to being asked the standard: 'Was everything alright with yout stay?'. It never happened. Instead I had to ask the receptionist if he was going to ask me any such question. He grudingly asked me, and I let him know exactly how my stay was. I may as well have been talking to the carpet. Hyatt must have a special training department in the art of indifference. I was astounded at how little the receptionist cared, he just wanted me out of the sliding doors as quick as possible. I challeneged him at his lack of concern, he defiantly asked me if I wanted to speak to a manager, seconds before I was about to suggest it.

The front office manager was far more approachable and apologetic, he also promised to remove the charge for the room service off my bill and personally promised that if I was to return to the Hyatt in Perth that he would make sure I was looked after. This is admirable, but a pity that this level of service was not forthcoming in the first instance.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank Irish_Jet_Set
Reviewed August 11, 2007

i decided to give this hotel a second chance after a reasonably bad experience several years ago - it hadnt improved. firstly its a huge atreium hotel, so I found it incredibly noisy.

The rooms are large, but dated and very dark, a result of the heavy net curtains and dul seventies decor. my view of the swiming pool and a large building site wasnt exactly inspiring. The rooms had a very musty feel to them, but that could be the brown decor and brown tinted windows. Unfortunately none of the windows open, so there is no way of getting any fresh air into the rooms.

I only had one meal at the hotel, I tried to book lunch there for a business lunch, but there werent any tables available, so obviously someone llkes the place. All I had to eat there was a steak sandwich, okay, but uninspired and overcomplicated - im not a great fan of feta cheese and dont think it pace in a steak sandwich.

The location of the hotel is okay, but not brilliant for the CBD and there are better placed hotels at a better price. although having been in Perth about sx times in the last five years, I think its fairly poorly served by the 4/5 star chains, all of whose hotels are dated monuments to the seventie - time to renovate guys!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank seniledelinquent
Reviewed August 8, 2007

This hotel is really good for business travel, with good business services and good customer service. Although the foyer seems grand, the open hallways are dull and empty. Room size was good, although the view from our room was a limited to a wall next to the tennis court. Dining at the hotel was good, although not outstanding. However, I have to question the value for money - at over $230 per night, you defintiely do not get get value for money.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Keen_TravellerPerth
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Was told Hyatt was the best in Perth certainly one of the most expensive in Perth. I stayed in the hotel 8 years ago on 3 seperate occaisions it was lovely. This booking was terrible the room was so dirty from the toilet to all the finger prints on everything. I'm not a clean freak but when you stay in a nice hotel you don't usually find marks on everything. I was very disappointed and moved to Burswood which was wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple